WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA One-Time Revenue Distribution Disbursement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA One-Time Revenue Distribution Disbursement

On April 19, UNI will get about $565k as part of a special one-time NCAA Revenue Distribution across D-1 institutions ($200m in all) "... intended to help Division I schools provide greater support to student-athletes. However, as student-athletes are included as eligible recipients of a given service or benefit, enhancements to programs that benefit the entire student body are acceptable (e.g., academic advisory services)."

Some strict limitations about how the money may be used, but also quite a bit of flexibility within the original intent.

NCAA Page about this:
    Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Distributions (.pdf, within the answer to Q23 in the page above):

Has anyone close to the ground heard about how UNI might use this money?
    "Well, that escalated quickly."

Re: NCAA One-Time Revenue Distribution Disbursement

I noticed it can not be used for additional coaches for athletic programs or strength/conditioning coaches for athletes. However, it is for the betterment of the athlete beyond their chosen sport. I noticed summer school tuition is covered and a myriad of programs such as internships, skill development, stress management, and nutrition.

Comment

I'm surprised there isn't more news on this.

Comment

How were the amounts calculated?
        "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Based on number of total athletic scholarships in the 2012 (?) school year.
          The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by ubuntuCAT View Post
            How were the amounts calculated?
            See items 19 through 24 of the first link in the original post.

Comment

Must be nice to be the NCAA and have this pile of money just sitting around.

Comment

Today is when the money is disbursed ... any news on what the AD plans to do with the half-million+?

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post
                  Today is when the money is disbursed ... any news on what the AD plans to do with the half-million+?
                  Hookers and Blow from what I understand...

#MACtion

Comment

Anyone here ever hear how this was going to be spent at UNI?

Comment

Working...
                    X