WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First Ever

Had a Thursday team ever made it to Saturday? If so, when was the last time?

Comment

Originally posted by Codytwo View Post
      I believe a 7-10 seed has made it once to the Semi Final round in St. Louis. I would guess the Red Birds. I don't recall the exact season though.

Comment

Originally posted by Codytwo View Post
        Pretty sure it was Bradley, 1998 finished tied for 6th but seeded 7.

Comment

It'll probably take 7 total conference wins to avoid Thursday and we've got one so far.

I think it'll all come down to our game tomorrow against Loyola. If we can win that one, then I think we'll get to 7. The other wins will hopefully be the winnable remaining home games (Evansville, Indiana State, SIU, and Bradley) plus the road game against Drake. The only other remaining road game that we have a shot at winning is probably Indiana State, but it's quite possible that we'll throw in a surprise (good or bad) or two.

Comment

I haven't seen a team in the Valley that we can't compete with if we get our defense fixed-including WSU. We were in that game until about 10 minutes left but it was a shoot-out not because our defense was working.

How about this for a first: last team to win a game in conference play, last team to win a game in St. Louis
            Number of times on Sports Illustrated cover:
            Ben Jacobson coached teams = 2
            UNI teams coached by everyone ban thinks is better = 0

Comment

I'd project 8-10 for 6th place. I recall a few times 9-9 was needed for 6th. So, we need to find a way to hold serve at home plus get one on the road. Two on the road to get to 9-9.

Comment

Originally posted by catsize View Post
                How about this for a first: last team to win a game in conference play, last team to win a game in St. Louis

Crazy stat. No one saw it coming, even the worst pessimists.

And now that the season has turned around, let's be the last team to win a conference game and still avoid Thursday in Arch Madness.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
                  Crazy stat. No one saw it coming, even the worst pessimists.

And now that the season has turned around, let's be the last team to win a conference game and still avoid Thursday in Arch Madness.
                  "Season turned around"

This season has been such a complete **** show that winning one game, and having a lead after the 10 minute mark of the first half for the first time in over a month equals "turned around".

Dear God...we are now Drake fans with out expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post
                    That's taking it too far.
                    "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

"Season turned around"

This season has been such a complete **** show that winning one game, and having a lead after the 10 minute mark of the first half for the first time in over a month equals "turned around".

I agree...let's win two in a row first and beat someone tougher than Drake before we start talking about any kind of run in March.
                      Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                      Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                      - George Halas

Comment

"Season turned around"

Yes, the Drake game was the "turn around" that we had been waiting and hoping for. Of course, it remains to be seen whether it lasts, but it was certainly a "turn-around" from where we were heading.

Comment

Working...
                        X