WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Iowa Tickets for Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Iowa Tickets for Sale

Section 109 (iowa donor seats) Row 35. I dont usually attend games on labor day weekend, but especially when I am guaranteed to come out a loser. These have cushioned seatbacks. Des Moines area. let me know if interested. $60 gets both.

Re: Two Iowa Tickets for Sale

I'll take them. Someone has to let me know about parking and such forth as I haven't been to a game in IC in over 20 years.
    GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
      I'll take them. Someone has to let me know about parking and such forth as I haven't been to a game in IC in over 20 years.
      I would suggest parking at Finkbine golf course and walking a mile to the stadium. Anything closer will be more expensive and more difficult to get out of.

Comment

The link below has some options for parking. If you are just going to the game (and not tailgating), I'd recommend one of the shuttles or the train. Otherwise, Finkbine is a good choice if you don't want to deal with the traffic near the stadium.

Comment

Do they still do the Cambus shuttle from the old Hancher parking lot? If not, I would suggest parking at the Hawkeye Express stop on Highway 6 West in Coralville and taking the train. But then, I'm a train nut so...
          "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Big Cats View Post
            Do they still do the Cambus shuttle from the old Hancher parking lot? If not, I would suggest parking at the Hawkeye Express stop on Highway 6 West in Coralville and taking the train. But then, I'm a train nut so...
            The line waiting to get back on the train from the stadium is always SUPER long, unless you leave early. I'm assuming they will still have a cambus shuttle from Hancher, but the new Hancher is under construction and I don't think there is as much parking there right now as there normally would be.

If you're super cheap and enjoy about a half hour walk, park at the Johnson County administration building on Benton Street for free. Cross the river on Benton and head up South Riverside Drive, cutting through the Myrtle area.

Comment

Gonzo, I've always had luck parking at Wig & Pen and taking the shuttle up the hill (past Carver Hawkeye) to the stadium. You're close enough that it won't take you all morning to walk, saving you valuable tailgating time if you're meeting people closer to the stadium. Also, the walk back is all downhill.

Comment

One of my favorite parts of Iowa game day is the various walks to and from the stadium. Sure, it can take a bit, but it's great people watching and a nice campus.

I actually enjoy parking at the downtown hotel ramp and walking West across the river. The finkbine driving range is probably the easiest for getting in and out and the closest to a UNI or ISU-type experience.
                Sometimes I park at random private residences just to meet new folks and try new locales. If bringing kids, they will love the train.

Gonzo, where are you located? Shoot me a pm with your preferred delivery and payment options.

Comment

Our crew will be tailgating very prominently with UNI tents and flags at Finkbine. I love tailgating there. Good mix of Hawk and Panther fans and lots of open grass area to throw bags or a football or just get tuned up. Always fun to have UNI gear displayed so prominently along one of the major routes into town, too.

Comment

We don't really tailgate, so we usually park at the commuter lot or "hall of fame lot". it is free, with a free shuttle to Carver Hawkeye (short walk to Kinnick), and easy access in and out via the Melrose exit on 218. There is often some wait for the return shuttle trip, but that hasn't been too bad, IMO

Comment

Cambus from hancher will be running.
                      UNI isn't exactly splitting atoms in terms of academics. -run&blade

Comment

[QUOTE=UNIpanther99;384994]The line waiting to get back on the train from the stadium is always SUPER long, unless you leave early. I'm assuming they will still have a cambus shuttle from Hancher, but the new Hancher is under construction and I don't think there is as much parking there right now as there normally would be.

This is the first I have heard of the construction at Hancher. How torn up is it. The worst thing about tailgating in Iowa City is there are few lots that allow Motorhomes. I called Cambus yesterday and they said the shuttle would be running but failed to mention construction. This is the first time I have ever considered this lot, is it usually busy and fun or is a boring place to tailgate? I am open to other suggestions. Two years ago was great I found a pass for the donor lot next to Carver and had a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
                          We don't really tailgate, so we usually park at the commuter lot or "hall of fame lot". it is free, with a free shuttle to Carver Hawkeye (short walk to Kinnick), and easy access in and out via the Melrose exit on 218. There is often some wait for the return shuttle trip, but that hasn't been too bad, IMO
                          This is the spot I had sort of settled on after looking over the map someone linked. Are you going this year? I've got a big favor to ask you if so. Sending a PM.
                          GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by Geno4UNI View Post
                            This is the first I have heard of the construction at Hancher. How torn up is it. The worst thing about tailgating in Iowa City is there are few lots that allow Motorhomes. I called Cambus yesterday and they said the shuttle would be running but failed to mention construction. This is the first time I have ever considered this lot, is it usually busy and fun or is a boring place to tailgate? I am open to other suggestions. Two years ago was great I found a pass for the donor lot next to Carver and had a blast.
                            Even when Hancher wasn't under construction, it wasn't a popular tailgating spot... Mostly just a fan commuter lot. What's going on is they have torn down the old Hancher (because they claim the all cement building was too damaged by the flood so they need a new $200 million+ version of Hancher), and they are building a new one, slightly up the hill where part of the former parking lot was. There is still some parking there, but I don't know how many spaces compared to before construction began.

RV parking is allowed in the outer spots of lot 65, and that might be your best bet--- guessing you will need to get there VERY early.

Comment

Thanks for the input 99. Planning to be in IC by 5:30 AM. Wish it was a 2:30pm kickoff like last time but oh well. Also sucks that ISU vs NDSU is also 11:00 AM. I was hoping to be back in the Valley to watch a 6:00 PM ISU game.

Comment

Working...
                              X