WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playoff Prediction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoff Prediction

A lot of this depends upon the result of our game at Illinois State, but........Who will our first opponent be? Will we get a first round bye?

Re: Playoff Prediction

Originally posted by Codytwo View Post
    A lot of this depends upon the result of our game at Illinois State, but........Who will our first opponent be? Will we get a first round bye?
    I think we are guaranteed a bye, and we should get a seed (hopefully higher than NDSU with their loss).

Comment

win at ILS and we get a bye.
      lose, and we might get a bye, might not, but i'm pretty sure UNI will be in the playoffs either way.

As for opponent, that's just a crapshoot at this point, given the lack of seeding the field beyond the first five, and the fact that there is still a week of play left.

Comment

Not sure of the school...but someone who can throw 5 yard passes....and nickle and dime us into the 4th quarter...
        "We're not an ordinary school," said Fort. "We have tradition. We have a good team year after year. We rebuild, and it doesn't matter who we have coming back."

dti

Comment

UNI is in....

As of now:
          99% chance we aren't playing first round
          95% chance we are hosting
          80% chance we are a seed

A win next week locks all of those in at 100%, a loss drops the seed to 0, but the others drop to about 85%

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post
            UNI is in....

As of now:
            99% chance we aren't playing first round
            95% chance we are hosting
            80% chance we are a seed

A win next week locks all of those in at 100%, a loss drops the seed to 0, but the others drop to about 85%
            Your percentages are a little funny, a loss next week puts the last one to 0, the first two to about 50%. We would either be on the road with a first round bye, or hosting in the play in games. If we lose next week, no way we have a first round bye and then host.
            Illinois State Fan at a St. Louis White Castle 3:45AM Saturday March 6th:

"White Castle?" "more like Black Castle..."

You stay classy Redbirds.

Comment

With the win last night we will have a first round bye. Win at ISU and we will have a top 4 seed. Remeber Goergia Suthern plays Alabama this week. The other big game next week is Montana Montana State. A will by State gives them the # 1 seed. A Montana win and if the PAnthers can will will put us in the top 3.

Comment

Originally posted by D Panther View Post
                With the win last night we will have a first round bye. Win at ISU and we will have a top 4 seed. Remeber Goergia Suthern plays Alabama this week. The other big game next week is Montana Montana State. A will by State gives them the # 1 seed. A Montana win and if the PAnthers can will will put us in the top 3.
                Did I just read that we should be cheering for the Grizzlies??/

Comment

Originally posted by r54uni View Post
                  Did I just read that we should be cheering for the Grizzlies??/
                  yes, go Grizzlies, and Roll Tide (I have always wanted to say that)

A 14 point loss or less I think actually helps GSU, a 15-35 point loss is indifferent, 36 plus point loss will be looked at as any old loss and will drop GSU...

Comment

The Sports Network has us with the 5 seed, playing Maine in the second round.

Linky

Edit: Didnt really notice before, but TSN has 4 MVFC teams in the playoffs. #3 seed NDSU, #5 seed UNI, Illinois State, and Indiana State.
                    Last edited by DomeIsHome; 11-13-2011, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DomeIsHome View Post
                      The Sports Network has us with the 5 seed, playing Maine in the second round.

Linky

Edit: Didnt really notice before, but TSN has 4 MVFC teams in the playoffs. #3 seed NDSU, #5 seed UNI, Illinois State, and Indiana State.
                      Weird. Why would the #4 seed GSU get a better 2nd round matchup than #1 seeded Montana St.?

Comment

If Montana State wins:

1. Montana State
                        2. Sam Houston
                        3. NDSU
                        4. Georgia Southern
                        5. UNI

Comment

Originally posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
                          If Montana State wins:

1. Montana State
                          2. Sam Houston
                          3. NDSU
                          4. Georgia Southern
                          5. UNI
                          Now, realistically, you don't think that UNI and GSU would flip flop both being 9-2? UNI would have wins over 3 top 25 schools, a loss to a top 5. GSU would have, actually, I am not sure. A road conference loss just like us to a team outside the top 10.

I can see us sneaking 4, if not 3, and you being 4. Remember, we have been at this FCS / I-AA playoffs a little longer than you, we might have an idea what we are talking about with the playoff selection predictions...

Comment

I think there are a lot of things that we will be wondering through the week

1. Montana State should get #1 with a win, with a loss I am still wondering if they get a seed?

2. Sam Houston State could get the #1 yet, I think they may be the worst undefeated team ever, could easily loose early

3. Even after loosing to the Penguins the Bizon could still get that one spot?

4. GSU keeps it close but looses where do they end up?

5. Does UNI's high computer ranking get them up to a #2 or #3 seed?

6. Lehigh is actually still in the conversation for a seed?

7. What does the committee do with the CAA champ?

8. How many teams does the MVFC get in?

All I know is that we need to win this week and let things fall the way they do.

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
                              Now, realistically, you don't think that UNI and GSU would flip flop both being 9-2? UNI would have wins over 3 top 25 schools, a loss to a top 5. GSU would have, actually, I am not sure. A road conference loss just like us to a team outside the top 10.

I can see us sneaking 4, if not 3, and you being 4. Remember, we have been at this FCS / I-AA playoffs a little longer than you, we might have an idea what we are talking about with the playoff selection predictions...
                              Really......LOL

GSU will get beat by Alabama and end up 9-2. Their only other loss was to Appy State and they were ranked #5 at the time. Ya, UNI might be ahead of them but I don't think the playoff committee will penalize them for that.

Enlighten me on your vast knowledge then......

Comment

Working...
                              X