WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did everyone....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Did everyone....

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
    My best guess is about 1/2 of the students left, which is par for the course. I was sitting on the west side, so it was tougher to gauge how much we lost, but my specific section looked to be at 75% of first half capacity.

I watched an interesting exchange next to me at halftime. Three kids asking Dad if he brought any extra tickets, explaining their intension to go out and toss around the football with friends while still heading back in for the second half. The kids were getting pretty finicky toward the end of the first half and even brought their footballs into the Dome with them. Dad said no he sold the extra tix.

Mom and kids all left and never returned. Dad stayed to watch and told Mom sorry before she left and he'll be sure to snag a bunch of $5 tix when UNI runs their occasional discount deal. It looked like one of those deals where the kids were a little too young to be out my themselves for an extended period of time w/out parent supervision and Mom/Dad were sorta drawing straws as to who was gonna miss the second half. I felt bad for them.
    Maybe we need some sort of kids area that parents can take their kids at half and still be able to return, I am sure that wasn't the only case of kids getting restless towards half time.

Comment

Parents with young children are one of the only groups who are going to be negatively affected by this policy, which is a shame because I see a ton of kids at UNI games.

Last weekend I went to both the Iowa and ISU/UNI game. I can count on both hands the number of kids I saw under the age of 12. For whatever reason UNI's product appeals more to young families than your average college football game.

To me, this policy still feels like a solution in search of a problem.
      Originally posted by TH1974
      This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
        Parents with young children are one of the only groups who are going to be negatively affected by this policy, which is a shame because I see a ton of kids at UNI games.

Last weekend I went to both the Iowa and ISU/UNI game. I can count on both hands the number of kids I saw under the age of 12. For whatever reason UNI's product appeals more to young families than your average college football game.

To me, this policy still feels like a solution in search of a problem.
        Price of admission is likely one reason UNI appeals to young families. A winning product will also help.

Comment

Originally posted by hoopfan View Post
          Price of admission is likely one reason UNI appeals to young families. A winning product will also help.
          And access to athletes. The tradition of going on the field after a game is a big one.
          "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

So, how has tailgating been this year? I got to CF twice last season and am still holding out hope for a playoff game.

Comment

The two games have been very well tailgated. Homecoming was the fullest I've ever seen it. The grass lot South of the Dike lot was packed by 11:30. People were parking everywhere... Was surprised to see it with our record at the time, but loved seeing it.

Comment

Homecoming tailgating was great! It was a beautiful day and the crowd for the parade, tailgating and the game was far bigger than I expected.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FOTY View Post
                  The two games have been very well tailgated. Homecoming was the fullest I've ever seen it. The grass lot South of the Dike lot was packed by 11:30. People were parking everywhere... Was surprised to see it with our record at the time, but loved seeing it.

Glad to hear it. UNI has some great tailgating areas. Last year for the playoff game, I discovered the intramural field behind the Dome. We loved the view of the Dome after dark.

Comment

Working...
                  X