WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second greatest comeback ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second greatest comeback ever

Yesterday's Nevada-New Mexico game. Pretty fun to watch when it doesn't happen to your team:

Nevada trailed New Mexico 90-76 with just over a minute left last night. What happened next was one of the most insane comebacks you will see.WOW !THAT WAS A...

Re: Second greatest comeback ever

I would actually call that a greater comeback, although not in as big a game. They had to do it entirely with 3 pointers and made 6 straight it appeared while also getting fouls called on them on most of the other teams possessions, which they missed most of their free throws. TAM not only never got called for a foul while committing dozens, the refs actually called one on us for getting out of a guys way and giving him a layup. They needed that foul on us and free throw to tie the game. Nevada did it the hard way and what would be the conventional way (committing fouls and putting the other team on the line) after being down by 14 at 1:06. Yes, I definitely would call that the greatest comeback in the history of college bb.
    GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
      I would actually call that a greater comeback, although not in as big a game. They had to do it entirely with 3 pointers and made 6 straight it appeared while also getting fouls called on them on most of the other teams possessions, which they missed most of their free throws. TAM not only never got called for a foul while committing dozens, the refs actually called one on us for getting out of a guys way and giving him a layup. They needed that foul on us and free throw to tie the game. Nevada did it the hard way and what would be the conventional way (committing fouls and putting the other team on the line) after being down by 14 at 1:06. Yes, I definitely would call that the greatest comeback in the history of college bb.
      I agree with this.

Yes, we made mistakes, but man did Wes get assaulted a couple of times...
      #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
        I agree with this.

Yes, we made mistakes, but man did Wes get assaulted a couple of times...
        I was corrected on another thread (Xavier #1?) and learned that there is not 5-second call in the backcourt once it is inbounded. It wasn't close to 10 seconds, so why did Wes try to jump and throw it off the trapper's leg?!? Oh right, he was getting pushed out of bounds...

Comment

Weird finish today between Georgia and Texas A&M. Has A&M sold their soul in order to win fluky games in the last minute?

Expert recap and game analysis of the Texas A&M Aggies vs. Georgia Bulldogs NCAAM game from January 21, 2017 on ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by UNI Ka-Bullseye View Post
            Weird finish today between Georgia and Texas A&M. Has A&M sold their soul in order to win fluky games in the last minute?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...meId=400910671

Why not put 5.6 on the clock and give them the ball to inbound?

Comment

Definitely an odd way for the game to end. Can really see both sides of this where putting 5.6 back on the clock would essentially give Georgia 2 tries at a final play to win the game when they should have put up a shot before the foul if the players were managing the clock. At the same time you could argue the Georgia players thought they actually had that 5.6 left if they glanced up at the clock which is why they took longer to make a shot. Sucks when games end like that and I know if I were a Georgia fan I'd be pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by PantherAlum 2008 View Post
                Definitely an odd way for the game to end. Can really see both sides of this where putting 5.6 back on the clock would essentially give Georgia 2 tries at a final play to win the game when they should have put up a shot before the foul if the players were managing the clock. At the same time you could argue the Georgia players thought they actually had that 5.6 left if they glanced up at the clock which is why they took longer to make a shot. Sucks when games end like that and I know if I were a Georgia fan I'd be pissed.

I've often wondered what sort of certification they have for clock operators. It seems like the guys at the scorer's table are just old guys who can be counted on to show up for each game. I'm sure there is more to it than that, but it does seem that they are home team fans, even if they are wearing shirts with conference logos.

P.S. The DM Register said that it was a malfunction of the "Precision Timing" device that the ref was wearing, not someone at the scorer's table. Ironic choice of brand name!

Comment

News flash: LeBron just told Matt Ryan to quit football.

Comment

Working...
                  X