WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linn-Mar wrestler forfeits to CF Girls wrestler at state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Linn-Mar wrestler forfeits to CF Girls wrestler at state

the problem is that wrestlers dont like being intimate with girls...only boys.

Comment

Originally posted by CincyPanther88 View Post
      He'll figure out in a couple of years that wrestling with girls is fun.
      He's home-schooled, so I'm not sure that's true.
      UNI isn't exactly splitting atoms in terms of academics. -run&blade

Comment

sportscenter is going to be talking about this in a bit...after nascar...yippee

Comment

Originally posted by UnderParPanther View Post
          sportscenter is going to be talking about this in a bit...after nascar...yippee
          They're lumping all the non-heterosexual sports together, apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by TH1974 View Post
            At least he will be know how to spell celibacy

Comment

Both kids involved have shown high-character, imo.

Comment

I think that explains a lot.
                "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

Originally posted by CincyPanther88 View Post
                  He'll figure out in a couple of years that wrestling with girls is fun.
                  Maybe not. Dad's a minister and may be a proponent of the concept of 'responsible procreation in Iowa' that Rep. Anderson of Clarinda is advocating.

Comment

Yeah, Christian Fundamentalists never get laid............. *Think 19 kids...*

Comment

Originally posted by panther1 View Post
                      Yeah, Christian Fundamentalists never get laid............. *Think 19 kids...*
                      They aren't doing it for fun.

Comment

The only question to ask is, would he have forfeited in the semi-finals or the championship match because of his beliefs? You work you all year long to get to the State Tournament and you give up because of who you wrestle?

What if a white kid refused to wrestle a black kid?
                        "10% of life is what happens to you, 90% is how you react to what happens."

Comment

Originally posted by UNI83 View Post
                          I thought wrestlers were supposed to be badass tough guys and things didn't bother them?

The kid gave up possible team points and made it extremely tough on himself to get to the championship or high medal due to 3-7 minutes of having to touch a girl.

WAFJ
                          I have to agree with you for the first time ever.
                          "Another six or seven years and 1988 will be made to feel slightly unwelcome, I'm sure."

Quote from Newsbreaker, mark the time 10:47pm, August 31, 2014.

Comment

I think it's good that the kid stood up for what he believes in but as a friend said, you've got to think that it wasn't totally his decision...
                            Originally posted by rockybison
                            You guys suck so bad. Please never let me come back. Ya had 20 yrs by yourself and ya fckd it up. SU rolls in and does it in 4, prolly next year too. Living in a shadow is killn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
                              I am not sure on the question in your post. I am saying that the reason that Boone didn't make wrestling "boys wrestling" and football "boys football" is because they never fore saw girls wanting to participate in these sports. If they had, they would have made them "boys sports." But, because of the world we live in today they can never change because so many people would be up in arms.

Everyone here needs to remember that the sport of wrestling is sanctioned by the Iowa High School Athletic Association. The association in charge of boys athletics, the girls are sanctioned by the union in Des Moines. Neither of them have anything to do with the other.
                              Are you a teacher or coach in this state?
                              "Another six or seven years and 1988 will be made to feel slightly unwelcome, I'm sure."

Comment

Originally posted by panther2317 View Post
                                The only question to ask is, would he have forfeited in the semi-finals or the championship match because of his beliefs? You work you all year long to get to the State Tournament and you give up because of who you wrestle?

What if a white kid refused to wrestle a black kid?

Comment

Working...
                                X