WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2016 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2016 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Brooks McKowen was #210 recruit in 2003. UNI had 2 others on that list.

Eglseder was top 150 sophomore

He finished #231
    Last edited by Panthers to the Bone; 05-23-2015, 07:12 AM.
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
      Last time UNI had a top 50 recruiting class?
      http://www.hoopscooponline.com/membe...s-spring99.htm
      None of those guys played a single minute here. That's wild.
      #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
        Wow.
        Thanks, no wonder I didn't recognize a single name!

Comment

That's not true BC. Several of those guys played minutes. Will try to find the stats. (Found, see below)

Not great stats, but Hill was pretty decent.
          Check out the detailed 1999-00 Northern Iowa Panthers Roster and Stats for College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com
          Last edited by Panthers to the Bone; 05-23-2015, 09:52 PM.
          The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

That's not true BC. Several of those guys played minutes. Will try to find the stats. (Found, see below)

Not great stats, but Hill was pretty decent.
            http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/...iowa/2000.html
            Wow, apparently those years triggered some kind of traumatic response in my brain where I've completely blacked out the period.
            #MACtion

Comment

Wow, apparently those years triggered some kind of traumatic response in my brain where I've completely blacked out the period.
              So does this send you to the psych ward?

Comment

Haha....it's also the poster child for why UNI doesn't go Juco heavy. Especially Juco bigs. Average stay for most of those were 1 and done.

Comment

Juwan McCloud – 2016 – PG – Wisconsin Swing McCloud seemed to score at will for the Swing, who beat Real Athletics by 20 points on Thursday. The Northern Iowa commit finished with a game-high 24 points, including 16 in the second half alone. The speedy lead guard broke his man off the dribble and flourished with his ability to finish in the paint or from mid range. - See more at: http://www.ny2lasports.com/article_o...eid=3005#.dpuf

Comment

I love some of those quotes. "Speedy guard", "broke his man down off the dribble", etc. It's guys like these that make standstill shooters like Bohannon far more dangerous. Also, it seemed like Bohannon did a good job of developing a quicker release between his sophomore and junior seasons.

Comment

This guy sounds like he's going to be good. Having a speed guard after Washpun's last year will be a relief. Wyatt and him should have UNI in good shape at PG for the up coming years.

I'm being greedy here but next recruiting class I'd like to see a power PG like Kwadzo.

Comment

That's pretty interesting. Colorado is certainly quite a ways away from our usual recruiting footprint.

I think it would be a bit of a small coup to take him away from under Colorado's nose, even if he was offered just a preferred walk-on spot.

Comment

Sounds like Juwan McCloud is having an awfully good AAU summer, getting excited about this kid. Tweets from the last few weeks...

@WisconsinSwing knocks off Real Athletics 70-56. Northern Iowa commit Juwan McCloud 24 points. #NY2LANEXTLEVEL2K15

@WisconsinSwing beats MN Phenom 55-40 to advance to 17U quarterfinals. Northern Iowa commit Juwan McCloud with 19 points #NY2LANEXTLVEL2K15

Northern Iowa commit Juwan McCloud won't let the @WisconsinSwing die. Buries a couple triples to pull within 44-35 of @NetGainSports

Major stones by #UNI commit Juwan McCloud. Took a couple of risky shots late in the game with Martin Bros. on the comeback and buried them

17U Platinum Final: @WisconsinSwing 64 @Martin_Bros_AAU 54. Northern Iowa commit Juwan McCloud with 17 points. #NY2LASUMMERJAM2K15

Great game developing between Boise Hoop Dreams and Wisconsin Swing. Northern Iowa-commit Juwan McCloud did it all in the first half

Ben Jacobson has to be happy with the way Juwan McCloud has played today. That's a nice get for UNI.
                          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

With the offer to Jessup, are we backing off of Kriener then?

Comment

UNI appears to be eyeing taller wings. Thus, I would assume Kreiner would be out.

Comment

Working...
                              X