WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul Rhoads' hot seat is apparently a dumpster on fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paul Rhodes' hot seat is apparently a dumpster on fire

sure hope they don't take NDSU's klieman !
    UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by ban basketball View Post
      As is too often the case with coaching firings that are supposed to instantly change everything, I can't help but wonder how much of this was a premature temper tantrum because of one, horribly lost game.

That's likely what this is all about.
      Umm, yeah, this was a knee jerk reaction to yesterday's game. Try the final straw after three terrible years record wise and a series of questionable coaching decisions. You shouldn't comment if you don't follow things closer than that. Just adds to your reputation and you wonder why.

Comment

Originally posted by CF84 View Post
        Umm, yeah, this was a knee jerk reaction to yesterday's game. Try the final straw after three terrible years record wise and a series of questionable coaching decisions. You shouldn't comment if you don't follow things closer than that. Just adds to your reputation and you wonder why.
        Just remember Ban is the one who wanted Coach Jake fired for losing a Sweet 16 game. That is the first and only time since he's emerged from the womb that a coach has ever deserved to be fired.

Comment

Originally posted by lakesbison View Post
          sure hope they don't take NDSU's klieman !
          Klieman is smarter than that.

Comment

I don't blame Mangino, Pretty Funny. Fact is Rhodes should of been fired long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
              is it really a coaching carousel?
              McCarney was head coach for 12 years there.
              Chizik was there only 2 seasons, but he wasn't fired, he just took another job (and I don't think anyone is going to turn down the Auburn job to stay at Iowa State).
              This was Rhoades' 7th season there.
              The new guy will be their 4th HC in 10 seasons. IMO that is a revolving door.

And every know pretty much knew Chizik was on his way out when took the Auburn job. It was sort of like when Greg Mc$ left ISU for Creighton. Both times cyclone fans celebrated.
              Originally posted by TH1974
              This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                The new guy will be their 4th HC in 10 seasons. IMO that is a revolving door.

And every know pretty much knew Chizik was on his way out when took the Auburn job. It was sort of like when Greg Mc$ left ISU for Creighton. Both times cyclone fans celebrated.
                Depends how you look at it.
                Since 1995 ISU has only had 4 head coaches.
                That's probably average if not less coaches than most for P5 schools.

Comment

Grambling had three coaches in one season.
                  not that that really has anything to do with this thread, other than another instance of a dumpster fire.

Comment

Grambling had three coaches in one season.
                    not that that really has anything to do with this thread, other than another instance of a dumpster fire.
                    That was pretty bad. The players pretty much refused to even play for one of them if I am remembering this correctly. Just within the last few years?

Comment

Eddie Robinson's not the coach at Grambling anymore?
                      GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                        That was pretty bad. The players pretty much refused to even play for one of them if I am remembering this correctly. Just within the last few years?
                        2013, and they had one game that was forfeit b/c the players refused to play

Comment

2013, and they had one game that was forfeit b/c the players refused to play
                          I'm shady on the details, but what were the issues? Pretty sure part of it was the coach being a total a****** but I also seem to remember some other issues being a part of it.

Edit: Found it! Issues with the coach (and the firing of the previous one), transportation arrangements and poor facilities.
                          Last edited by panther-state; 11-22-2015, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                            I'm shady on the details, but what were the issues? Pretty sure part of it was the coach being a total a****** but I also seem to remember some other issues being a part of it.
                            This pretty much covers it: http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswit...ts-budget-woes

Comment

Originally posted by CF84 View Post
                              But, he was a coaching genius just a mere two to three seasons ago. What changed?

Comment

Originally posted by hoopfan View Post
                                Just remember Ban is the one who wanted Coach Jake fired for losing a Sweet 16 game. That is the first and only time since he's emerged from the womb that a coach has ever deserved to be fired.
                                FALSE!!!! PLEASE document for folks on here where I said that he should be fired after that game.

Being that I already know what your search will yield, what's your motivation for lying about me? Please explain to the board.

Comment

Working...
                                X