WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring football

Austin Errthum out of Kalona was the left-footer who was kicking. I thought he looked REAL good. Every ball he hit was solid.

Easley is a good kicker. And Drysdale has a big leg too. He took a shot at a 55 yarder that had enough leg but wide right.

Pretty impressive group.
    Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Saw they pulled the white pants back out of storage - any chance of those seeing a regular season game again?

Comment

This will be the last time you see any of those designs. New set this fall. Hoping they do have a white option.
        #MACtion

Comment

I saw that one of the recruits that we made an offer to took a picture next to a white uniform. It looked pretty sweet

Comment

Originally posted by otter View Post
            I saw that one of the recruits that we made an offer to took a picture next to a white uniform. It looked pretty sweet

Those have been set up for years for exactly that reason.

Comment

Weymiller had a real nice game. His numbers show that. But I thought Aaron Graham looked good at WR as well.

Bailey was throwing some good balls. Thought he looked good. Man I would not want the job of tackling that guy when he decided to run.

Bryce Douglas on the DL looks like he's gotten into better shape.

I was surprised to see Ricky Grimes going at LB. I woulda thought Safety before LB.

Comment

Originally posted by havok58 View Post
                Felt a little bad for Berregard who on his 50-yard FG attempt drilled the snapper with his kick.
                I feel bad for the longsnapper. That prolly stung a bit.

Originally posted by havok58 View Post
                Whiting had a good play near the end when he timed the snap and jumped over the line to try and block the kick. Even the refs were laughing about it.
                that is a tricky play to pull off without drawing a "leaping" penalty

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                  This will be the last time you see any of those designs. New set this fall. Hoping they do have a white option.
                  Who did you hear this from?

Comment

I was a little curious where this Errthum kid came from cause he looked pretty good at kicker.

Thru the magic of a single google search...saw he played soccer at Drake last year. Presidential Scholar at Drake in fact.

Did the kicking and punting for Mid-Prairie Wellman prior to that.

I think the kid could be kicking for us for a few years. Lots of depth at that position...what a luxury.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                      Weymiller had a real nice game. His numbers show that. But I thought Aaron Graham looked good at WR as well.

Bailey was throwing some good balls. Thought he looked good. Man I would not want the job of tackling that guy when he decided to run.

Bryce Douglas on the DL looks like he's gotten into better shape.

I was surprised to see Ricky Grimes going at LB. I woulda thought Safety before LB.
                      I think Grimes playing LB had more to do with the fact that we had no depth at LB with Dexter out, Farley not playing, Allen playing safety, Heaven out, etc. Does anyone know what the deal with Clint Heaven is? He transferred here from UNC, yet I don't think he's played a single snap, not even on special teams. Has he been injured for two years?

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how our offense shapes up this year. At WR, Brandon Smith is likely out for the year with a torn ACL. So that means Fountain, Cunningham, Brown, Weymiller, and maybe a freshman or two will be the primary WR's. Malloy will likely be a RB/WR weapon, with Smith as the main RB.

On defense, I'd expect the DL to be Schult, Woods, Reth, and I'm not sure who will get the other DE spot. At LB, Farley and Dexter have two spots, with Hill likely being the third if he's healthy. At DB, it looks like Whiting and Buchanan will be the CB's, with Napoleon battling them too. Singleton and Allen played safety with what appeared to be the 1s, although Allen could move back to LB. Hendrix is likely the third safety based on the spring game.

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                          Who did you hear this from?
                          They talked about it last fall. They decided to go with this set for one more year because Nike had new templates coming for this fall.
                          #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by Gocats15 View Post
                            I think Grimes playing LB had more to do with the fact that we had no depth at LB with Dexter out, Farley not playing, Allen playing safety, Heaven out, etc. Does anyone know what the deal with Clint Heaven is? He transferred here from UNC, yet I don't think he's played a single snap, not even on special teams. Has he been injured for two years?
                            Heaven has had 2 knee injuries and is just now starting to run again.

Not sure if he'll be ready in fall or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Gocats15 View Post
                              It'll be interesting to see how our offense shapes up this year. At WR, Brandon Smith is likely out for the year with a torn ACL. So that means Fountain, Cunningham, Brown, Weymiller, and maybe a freshman or two will be the primary WR's. Malloy will likely be a RB/WR weapon, with Smith as the main RB.

On defense, I'd expect the DL to be Schult, Woods, Reth, and I'm not sure who will get the other DE spot. At LB, Farley and Dexter have two spots, with Hill likely being the third if he's healthy. At DB, it looks like Whiting and Buchanan will be the CB's, with Napoleon battling them too. Singleton and Allen played safety with what appeared to be the 1s, although Allen could move back to LB. Hendrix is likely the third safety based on the spring game.
                              I'll bet we see Jeggins and Rima at WR next year. Keep Aaron Graham in that mix. I like how he looked Sat.

I also think the McCoy kid cam play if they give him some snaps.

Comment

I'm hoping we have at least 1 or 2 true studs in this WR mix to push the current crop and even make their way into the lineup. We NEED that position to step it up big time.

Comment

Working...
                                X