WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Panther Football Commit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Panther Football Commit List

According to Rivals Ikeem Allen from Mallard Creek, NC has decommitted from Toledo. We have previously offered him. I'm pretty sure I've seen him committed to Ball St, Miami-Ohio and Toledo in the past month...so this isn't so much that he'll be a Panther as much as it is...that I have no idea what's going on. I had no idea how crazy this time of year is

Edit: Looks like he is currently committed to Miami. So it's only a matter of time until he switches to Kent St and then Ohio. I think he's just trying to troll half of the MAC
    Last edited by panther-state; 02-03-2014, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Thought I'd check in on some of our verbals. First one I see:

@JahaMcCrayJr_1: My trip to UNI did not go well
      @JahaMcCrayJr_1: God does things for a reason n i guess that wasnt the school for me #Trusting god
      Hopefully the other ones aren't as interesting.

Edit:
      @blakethomas_: February 5th just wait on it!
      Don't be playing with me Blake...maybe I'm just reading into these kids too much (tweet was from back on January 22nd)

Edit2: looks like those two are the only ones and one of them might just be a whole lot of nothing.
      Last edited by panther-state; 02-03-2014, 09:30 PM.

Comment

McCray looks like he will be a big miss... the kid's video is inSANE.

Comment

Per twitter:

@Louiesg3: Moose Lake-Willow River's Ezra Szczyrbak changes course, will play football at Northern Iowa instead of North Dakota State.
          Source is a sports writer for the Duluth Tribune

Comment

Blake Weber to Minnesota

Bryson Johnson to South Alabama

Comment

Originally posted by lakesbison
              Panther state Anthony Anderson is a non quali. As is a couple others that NDSU & UNI were talking to btw
              Who are the others? I know we've also been connected with Dunn, Banham, Finco and Abdul

That's too bad about Anthony, he looked like a stud, but I certainly wouldn't want a non-qualifier on the team. Maybe an Illinois school will sneak him in

Also for the sake of time and lack of sources I won't be taking down any names for "ineligibility" until deemed appropriate
              Last edited by panther-state; 02-04-2014, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Dunn and Abdul too. Obviously they are still attempting ACT's and finishing semesters....it's gotta be frustrating for them but there are ways to get eligible. John Crockett is a better person in life for it just ask him
                UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by lakesbison View Post
                  Dunn and Abdul too. Obviously they are still attempting ACT's and finishing semesters....it's gotta be frustrating for them but there are ways to get eligible. John Crockett is a better person in life for it just ask him
                  Abdul has good size to him and has some real athleticism but I don't think either program was jumping out of their seat for him. Dunn looked decent but If UNI gets Boas or Carney I won't be too upset. Applemen is already a strong get for the line. Dunn has some decent size and skills, don't get me wrong though.
                  Last edited by panther-state; 02-04-2014, 09:04 AM.

Comment

No real stars out of the cities that NDSU/UNI fighting over last minute...very weird recruit class in cities. NDSU got 3 and 4pwos from there only
                    UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Anyone want to throw in their wish list for the next day?

Daurice Fountain is definitely at the top of mine.

Next I think Raymonte Maynard would make for a strong FB or 3rd down back. He has alright speed but man his moves and strength are pretty impressive.

I'd take any of the lineman left but I think Boas and Carney would be my top picks, followed by Roberts/Dunn.

Finally, I was really impressed by the video on Brock Long and Chaz Mack. I think either of them would give the defense some experienced players. Not sure what type of Capetian they're facing in those Kansas JUCO's and Long is a little undersized for a D1 LB but both of them have good football instincts and Long loves to hit guys hard. Lee Crosby would be the top of my list for Defense but I have a feeling he's not looking at FCS schools anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by 11>1
                        Wow, why would you write that about an 18 year old kid? You even edited this post and left that in there? Sorry Panther fans for this poor example of a Bison fan. While I'll admit that we do carry around a certain amount of arrogance and pride, I want you to know that we're not all like Lakes.
                        I'm looking forward to seeing how well Ezra does, too bad he's going to be lined up against the Bison for the next 4 years.
                        Those last 2 sentences must've been edited in. They were not there when I first responded to him. Just when I thought he was being pleasant and helpful

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                          Anyone want to throw in their wish list for the next day?

Daurice Fountain is definitely at the top of mine.

Next I think Raymonte Maynard would make for a strong FB or 3rd down back. He has alright speed but man his moves and strength are pretty impressive.

I'd take any of the lineman left but I think Boas and Carney would be my top picks, followed by Roberts/Dunn.

Finally, I was really impressed by the video on Brock Long and Chaz Mack. I think either of them would give the defense some experienced players. Not sure what type of Capetian they're facing in those Kansas JUCO's and Long is a little undersized for a D1 LB but both of them have good football instincts and Long loves to hit guys hard. Lee Crosby would be the top of my list for Defense but I have a feeling he's not looking at FCS schools anymore.
                          I would like to see Daurice Fountain and Ron Nash as our Wideout commits. That would be a great mid range and deep threat combo.
                          I would also love to see Tim Gordon switch again and get back on the UNI train (doubt that will happen).

Comment

I like Nash as well but I just have the feeling that if Iowa or Minny offered PWO's then he may be looking at those

Comment

We have 13 seniors on the 2013 roster.

If they all have a full ride at this point in their career and we were to divide their scholarships into 1/2 that would equal 26.

Per NCAA rules we can have no more than 85 receiving some amount of scholarship aid.

"Division I FCS schools are currently restricted to giving financial assistance amounting to 63 full scholarships. As FCS football is an "equivalency" sport (as opposed to the "head-count" status of FBS football), Championship Subdivision schools may divide their allotment into partial scholarships. However, FCS schools may only have 85 players receiving any sort of athletic financial aid for football—the same numeric limit as FBS schools."

We have 105 players on our in season roster and only 95 may participate in preseason practices. We are allowed to award 30 new players scholarships compared to 25 at the FBS level.

So back to my point--if we have 105 currently - 13 seniors = 92 returning roster players.

We can award 30 scholarships to new players taking us to 122. Somebody has to go.

Comment

We only give 56.5 scholarships.

Heard that we only had 7.25 available this year. Very little money in that senior class. The 7.25 includes Jordan Hein's money.
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X