WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-2014 Season Articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013-2014 Season Articles

Post 'em if ya got 'em

Panthers counting missed opportunities

Re: 2013-2014 Season Articles

Interesting. That's the first I've heard of our "original plan" to run a full court, man to man press all game. That would have been interesting to see.

Comment

It was going to be the old SIU bump and pound up the floor method. Washpun would have been outstanding in that role.

Brooks McKowen has nightmares of Bryan Mullins tagging him up the floor to this very day...
      #MACtion

Comment

I remember those SIU teams, who was the player who reported his car stolen then was seen driving it like a half hour later

Comment

I think the new rules are going to hurt us overall but tuttle will thrive and will have a monster year
          Top ten UNI football plays from 2001-2011

Comment

The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Zakelsta View Post
              Interesting. That's the first I've heard of our "original plan" to run a full court, man to man press all game. That would have been interesting to see.
              I just hope we've learned how to get the ball inbounds against a press!

Comment

Mid Major Top 25

Another thing we beat NDSU at.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post

"Mr. Early, how does it feel to have led Wichita State to its Final Four since (blank)?"

"Uh...absolutely FABULOUS!!"

Comment

I'm imagining Cleanthony and his bucked teeth

Comment

Originally posted by Codytwo View Post
                      I just hope we've learned how to get the ball inbounds against a press!
                      If the first exhibition game was any indication, I think we'll be fine. In the past the opposition would score and Jake Koch would just walk around and take forever to pick up the ball to get it inbounds. This allowed the defense to setup their pressure and just made it more difficult on ourselves. In the exhibition game, once the ball was through the hoop, we had someone sprinting over to pick it up and get it inbounds. I was pleasantly surprised by that and hope it continues. Now I didn't see Bemidji press us, but I don't think we'll revert to the old ways if a team does press us.

Comment

Originally posted by hoopfan View Post
                        If the first exhibition game was any indication, I think we'll be fine. In the past the opposition would score and Jake Koch would just walk around and take forever to pick up the ball to get it inbounds. This allowed the defense to setup their pressure and just made it more difficult on ourselves. In the exhibition game, once the ball was through the hoop, we had someone sprinting over to pick it up and get it inbounds. I was pleasantly surprised by that and hope it continues. Now I didn't see Bemidji press us, but I don't think we'll revert to the old ways if a team does press us.
                        I love and respect Jake Koch, but I won't miss his bad ball fakes and forced 3's.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
                          My goodness - what has happened to Illinois State in just a few years?!

Comment

Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
                            Here's a short list of those covering #UNIHoops this season.

- Carson Tigges -
                            WCF Courier
                            Twitter - @CarsonTigges
                            - Andrew Logue -
                            DSM Register
                            Twitter - @AndrewMLogue
                            - Jeremiah Davis -
                            CR Gazette
                            Twitter - @jeremiahdavis10
                            - Cole Bair -
                            BairsDenUNI & The Northern Iowan
                            Twitter - @realColeBair
                            - Jake Bemis -
                            Northern Iowan Sports Editor & CR Gazette UNI Correspondent
                            Twitter - @jakebemis25
                            - Josh Betts -
                            Twitter Extraordinaire
                            Twitter - @joshbettssports

Radio

97.7's Elwin Huffman and 1650's Jesse Gavin (@JesseGavin1) cover UNI basketball for their respective stations. 1540 KXEL is the home of Panther men's basketball pxp guy Gary Rima. Rima also hosts his radio show, "On Press Row," covering UNI athletics at 5-6pm weekdays. The aforementioned Jake Bemis is Gary's board operator & co-host. Occasionally Carson Tigges and myself contribute to On Press Row.

UNI Athletics

- Colin Mcdonough -
                            Sports Information Director
                            Twitter - @colinmcdonough
                            - Michelle VanDorn -
                            New Media Coordinator
                            Twitter - @MichelleVanDorn

Apologies if I forgot anyone.
                            Last edited by BairsDen; 11-12-2013, 01:55 PM.

Comment

I don't mean this the wrong way, though it will probably come out that way...

Josh Betts is a good kid and darn nice guy, but why on earth does he have a press pass?? What news organization does he represent??

His tweets are almost exact copies of what other beat writers are putting out there and the retweets that come four or five days after news is reported are somewhat maddening.

Again, great guy, just not sure why he gets what he gets....
                              #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                              X