WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Mark Farley be fired after the season?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should Mark Farley be fired after the season?

Originally posted by 12thFloorBender View Post
    Why should UNI keep him?
    Exactly. I think we're good enough as a program that we can find other coaches that can recruit talented well balanced gentleman and lose games we never should which is the only argument for him at this point.

If we hire someone and don't make the playoffs, WHO CARES. At least we're trying
    Last edited by ilovecats; 10-18-2014, 08:09 PM.

Comment

I honestly dont know. Defense is still darn good. I would probably give Farley one more qb cycle and then judge him.

Comment

Offer this guy. http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=11723353

Now just need to find $1.5m - $2m to buy out contracts

From my NSA monitored nexus 5

Comment

Yes! Rumor has it that the player's are fed up with him. Fans don't see that perspective, they are forced to speak well of him around media and fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
            Offer this guy. http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=11723353

Now just need to find $1.5m - $2m to buy out contracts

From my NSA monitored nexus 5
            That's fine. I'm sure there are some other bright young coaches that can see there's been a problem with our offense for a while.

Comment

CEDAR FALLS – Mark Farley asked for some time. Time to compose his complete thoughts on what the No. 20 …

I have never heard Mark Farley quite like this.
              "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Everyone seems to be pointing fingers at the offense and play calling but our defense given up at least 20 points in every game vs a good team on our schedule. (31 at Iowa, 27 vs Hawaii, 24 minus the pick 6 today vs SDSU, 21 at Indiana St and 20 vs USD). Not exactly stellar numbers.
                "Give a cheer Ho, the purple and the gold!!"

Comment

Originally posted by UNI92 View Post
                  Everyone seems to be pointing fingers at the offense and play calling but our defense given up at least 20 points in every game vs a good team on our schedule. (31 at Iowa, 27 vs Hawaii, 24 minus the pick 6 today vs SDSU, 21 at Indiana St and 20 vs USD). Not exactly stellar numbers.
                  Bingo. Great against the run, but we let a backup QB throw for 223 yards today.

Comment

Originally posted by PantherTilDeath View Post
                    Yes! Rumor has it that the player's are fed up with him. Fans don't see that perspective, they are forced to speak well of him around media and fans.
                    He hasn't had great relationships with a lot of players for years. When they were winning it wasn't a big problem. Now that they've 3 years in a row of not living up to expectations it wouldn't shock me if he lost the locker room quickly.
                    Victory for UNI!

Comment

He has given us lots of success but needs to step down. Got a longhorns scenario....without the unlimited budget obviously.
                      "We're not an ordinary school," said Fort. "We have tradition. We have a good team year after year. We rebuild, and it doesn't matter who we have coming back."

dti

Comment

Originally posted by UNI92 View Post
                        Our defense didn't give up 27 points to Hawaii. The offense fumbled the ball in our own end zone and Hawaii's defense recovered for the touchdown which just happened to be the difference between winning and losing.

Also, when you punt 6 times and throw 3 picks you give the other team plenty of opportunities to score points (we also punted 13 times in the Hawaii game).

Our defense was on the field for over 60% of the game today and is the only reason this game wasn't a complete blowout.
                        Originally posted by TH1974
                        This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
                          http://thegazette.com/subject/sports...-loss-20141018

I have never heard Mark Farley quite like this.
                          He sounded like this on the post-game interview on Rima. For once no rose - colored glasses. No team spirit. No overcoming adversity. No liking what we did but just making a few mistakes. It was definitely not a typical Coach Farley post-game interview n

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Comment

He also didn't come to the booth for his post game interview. Scott Peterson had to track him down.

Does anyone have a link to the post game press conference? A PN poster used to always post a link to those after the game and I really appreciated it.
                            Originally posted by TH1974
                            This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                              He also didn't come to the booth for his post game interview. Scott Peterson had to track him down.

Does anyone have a link to the post game press conference? A PN poster used to always post a link to those after the game and I really appreciated it.
                              I don't think they have done the post-game interview in the booth at all this season.

Comment

Anyways, when you're searching for answers 7 games into the season with no margin of error left and games at WIU, home vs ISUred, then the 3 time champs, followed by our annual loss in Carbondale, the season is pretty much over. Unless this team can go on a run like the 2005 team.

Comment

Working...
                                X