WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grant Rohach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grant Rohach

Yesterday's DMR had an article about Iowa State's QB situation, with five scholly players returning next year. Apparently there are rumors within the Cylon faithful that Grant Rohach will transfer to UNI. Anyone heard this?

Re: Grant Rohach

Haven't heard that but he has family in the area and distant cousins have played at UNI back in the day.

Comment

how about we figure out a way to get Sawyer Kollmorgan ready for his senior campaign. This kid didn't just forget how to play football, don't forget 3 years ago after Wisconsin we were ready to annoint him potentially the best ever in purple, hopefully some staff shake ups will re energize him...
      Illinois State Fan at a St. Louis White Castle 3:45AM Saturday March 6th:

"White Castle?" "more like Black Castle..."

You stay classy Redbirds.

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
        how about we figure out a way to get Sawyer Kollmorgan ready for his senior campaign. This kid didn't just forget how to play football, don't forget 3 years ago after Wisconsin we were ready to annoint him potentially the best ever in purple, hopefully some staff shake ups will re energize him...
        Sawyer won't be here. I'd bet money.
        Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Any Clone transferring to UNI should expect a 2nd or 3rd string assignment...except for Lazzard.

Comment

What about the potential of Eli Dunne?

Comment

I think Dunne has the chance to be pretty good, but not in this offense. He is a prototypical passer, at least that is what I would assume by how he is built. Pretty tall and lanky. I think he broke a bunch of passing records in HS. Will have to move towards an air attack or even some more stuff under center, which is a long shot of happening.

Comment

Originally posted by PantherSwag5 View Post
                I think Dunne has the chance to be pretty good, but not in this offense. He is a prototypical passer, at least that is what I would assume by how he is built. Pretty tall and lanky. I think he broke a bunch of passing records in HS. Will have to move towards an air attack or even some more stuff under center, which is a long shot of happening.
                We also lose Vereen, LeMaster, and Owens so we really won't have any proven receivers but Charles Brown showed potential and I think Daurice Fountain who played as a true freshman will end up being a good receiver. Gonna be question marks all over offense next year.

Comment

iowa state sucks beyond sucking, not going to get excited about any of their leftovers.

Comment

Grant Rohach was an elite 11 QB, the kid has talent, his dad is originally from Garwin, I could see him coming here, I would rather have him than the kid from Iowa.

However, I think Sawyer has a huge year.

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
                      Completely agree. However, him sitting had more to do with the fact the offense just quit working w/ him & he was taking some real shots from the pass rush. Carnes energized us until we needed the offense to actually win a game for us & he reminded us he did not know how to throw a forward pass. It will be a real test of character for Sawyer. To walk out on teammates going into your senior year would be a character flaw. He deserved to lose the job just like he now deserves to be given it back. My bigger issue would be is doing the right thing by playing w/ the concussion issues. I know nothing about the Black kid, but would love him to step up. I'd also like to know what talent we've pulled in behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post
                        Completely agree. However, him sitting had more to do with the fact the offense just quit working w/ him & he was taking some real shots from the pass rush. Carnes energized us until we needed the offense to actually win a game for us & he reminded us he did not know how to throw a forward pass. It will be a real test of character for Sawyer. To walk out on teammates going into your senior year would be a character flaw. He deserved to lose the job just like he now deserves to be given it back. My bigger issue would be is doing the right thing by playing w/ the concussion issues. I know nothing about the Black kid, but would love him to step up. I'd also like to know what talent we've pulled in behind him.
                        I would disagree about Kollmorgen deserving to lose the starting job. It was bull that the coaches made all the offensive changes once he was roughed up for half a season and Carnes came in. Kollmorgen should have been starting the minute he was physically able. It was apparent from the Illinois State game on that Carnes was never the right solution. I'm all for sticking with the hot hand, but Carnes never showed a single bit of talent as a QB. I honestly think that many on this board could complete more passes than he did this season.
                        Last edited by Panthers to the Bone; 12-07-2014, 02:54 AM. Reason: Language

Comment

Originally posted by panther1 View Post
                          I would disagree about Kollmorgen deserving to lose the starting job. It was bull that the coaches made all the offensive changes once he was roughed up for half a season and Carnes came in. Kollmorgen should have been starting the minute he was physically able. It was apparent from the Illinois State game on that Carnes was never the right solution. I'm all for sticking with the hot hand, but Carnes never showed a single bit of talent as a QB. I honestly think that many on this board could complete more passes than he did this season.
                          No way. SK was playing like crap and BC and the team were winning. You don't rock that boat. BC's high ankle sprain the last 3 weeks really killed his game. Glad SK played well yesterday when he came in but we kind of caught them playing with less emotion at that point in the game after half and our receivers made some great catches. This team had many more problems than just BC's limited throwing ability. O line and play calling the two most glaring. Those don't get fixed and we can put whoever we want back there with very similar results next year.

Comment

I heard the entire ISU roster is transferring to UNI next year.

They took a vote and it was unanimous. They're all going to walk on.

Something about wanting to know what it's like to win more than 3 games a year...and avoiding the nuclear meltdown of CPR's last season in Ames.
                            Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                              I heard the entire ISU roster is transferring to UNI next year.

They took a vote and it was unanimous. They're all going to walk on.

Something about wanting to know what it's like to win more than 3 games a year...and avoiding the nuclear meltdown of CPR's last season in Ames.
                              in other words, Cheer up Panther fans. It could be worse. What if you cheered for ISU?

Comment

Working...
                              X