WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Panther Football Commit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Panther Football Commit List

Very very excited!!
    "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

I am getting really excited I am not sure how many if any of these players will play next year, but by my count we have 41 players that are coming back that have played significant time at UNI, add to that the players who redshirted last and I think we have a very solid team.

Comment

• We are freaking loaded.
        UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
        iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Rickey Neal just came on board. Where did McCray end up?

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post
            Rickey Neal just came on board. Where did McCray end up?
            Nowhere at the moment. Checking in with his twitter he almost makes it sound like he's hanging up the cleats. I doubt that happens but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have an offer currently. I suspect that will change. I really wonder what happened with his visit. Could be any number of things from $$ to not liking someone or something to a Florida kid disliking the snow.

Comment

Here I go again:

Current roster has 64 Iowans with 101 total on inseason roster = 63% Iowans
              12 of 13 seniors are Iowans = 92%
              as of 1:55 p.m. today committs and enrolled = 11 Iowans out of 18 = 61%
              Next year's roster will be 63 Iowans with 106 total after season starts 60%

I'm not totally biased, but if we are Iowa's team lets get more Iowans and keep Iowa players away from the Dakotas.

Comment

Originally posted by northwest iowa panther View Post
                Here I go again:

Current roster has 64 Iowans with 101 total on inseason roster = 63% Iowans
                12 of 13 seniors are Iowans = 92%
                as of 1:55 p.m. today committs and enrolled = 11 Iowans out of 18 = 61%
                Next year's roster will be 63 Iowans with 106 total after season starts 60%

I'm not totally biased, but if we are Iowa's team lets get more Iowans and keep Iowa players away from the Dakotas.
                And from Kirk Ferentz' grayshirt/walk-on scam...

Comment

I've updated the OP's as best as possible. Sounds like we're waiting to hear on a couple guys but they're likely just a little behind on sending in the paperwork. The current list of commitments includes everyone; scholarship athletes and walk-ons alike.

Comment

Unrelated but I found this to be pretty amusing.

Rebird fans were the most recent to get Rick-Rolled by Marcus Horne

http://www.redbirdfan.net/forum/view...php?f=8&t=5729http://www.redbirdfan.net/forum/view...php?f=8&t=5729

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post

http://www.redbirdfan.net/forum/view...php?f=8&t=5729http://www.redbirdfan.net/forum/view...php?f=8&t=5729
                      LOL...4th post down.

In addition, your going to graduate if you take your academics seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post
                        And from Kirk Ferentz' grayshirt/walk-on scam...
                        Any "preferred walk-on" or anything similar is a joke. If you were really "preferred" you would be offered a scholarship.

Comment

Originally posted by JD720 View Post
                          LOL...4th post down.
                          It was kinda embarrassing reading some of those posts as these posters were begging this kid to be a Red Bird by pleading with some random cousin. I still think the guy is just some message board phenomenon. Like a unicorn of internet recruiting

In case anyone wanted to follow the journey of Mr. Horne a poster on Bisonville laid it out for us:
                          Verbal to NDSU
                          Goes to Michigan State
                          Leaves Michigan State
                          Verbals to UNI
                          End up going juco
                          Plays a year at juco
                          Then verbals to ISU red
                          Never commits
                          He is now deciding between Iowa State and BYU supposedly
                          Last edited by panther-state; 02-05-2014, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Thought this was kinda cool, regarding Toman and Fountain:
                            @travisWSN: Mad. Mem. QB Brandon Toman was shocked at Fountain’s pick of UNI. He got emotional knowing he’d be able to continue to play w/ his friend
                            I'm excited for both of these young men and all of our other future Panthers!

Comment

Looks like Jacob Hurla...the WR from Butler CC...played two seasons at Butler and went to Texas Tech for a season where he was on the scout team.

Texas Tech's site shows he chose TT over Northern Iowa coming out of Butler, and after the 2013 season will arrive at UNI afterall.

Looks like a big target with nice hands.
                              Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post

I read that thread. The Redbirds took the bait...just like UNI fans did once upon a time. Sorry fellas...it ain't happening. And I'll bet a c note if you check BYU and Iowa State rosters in August you won't see any sign of MH's name.
                                Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Working...
                                X