WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Panther Football Commit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Panther Football Commit List

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
    I read that thread. The Redbirds took the bait...just like UNI fans did once upon a time. Sorry fellas...it ain't happening. And I'll bet a c note if you check BYU and Iowa State rosters in August you won't see any sign of MH's name.
    Reading the very first thread about him on Bisonville I did notice something strange, it wasn't the first cousin who dropped in to talk about Horne's interest in the Bison and talk up his stats and times...it was supposedly Marcus himself (talked in the 1st person as if it was Horne and I think the username was mhorne23 or something like that).

Well aside from our friend Lakes and another poster or two, the Admin's were quick to remind everyone about the whole "no contact" rules, etc...and that put an end to the posting of mhorne23. I find it strange now that someone with all this information and tries talking up Marcus shows up in every one of these forums of a team he supposedly verbals to and then disappears once he its apparent that Marcus isn't coming. Maybe it really is a cousin looking out for his families interests, maybe its Marcus trying to be clever or maybe its some fat jerk who has nothing better to do than troll the message boards of Midwestern schools.

In the end, all that matters is that we and every other MVFC team is going to do just fine without him (or least we and NDSU will).

Comment

Safe to say Justise Keith will be a Panther considering he tweeted this a few hours ago:

Comment

Originally posted by northwest iowa panther View Post
        Here I go again:

Current roster has 64 Iowans with 101 total on inseason roster = 63% Iowans
        12 of 13 seniors are Iowans = 92%
        as of 1:55 p.m. today committs and enrolled = 11 Iowans out of 18 = 61%
        Next year's roster will be 63 Iowans with 106 total after season starts 60%

I'm not totally biased, but if we are Iowa's team lets get more Iowans and keep Iowa players away from the Dakotas.
        We must still be Iowa's team as Iowa State has only 1 Iowan and the last list that I saw had Iowa with only 5 Iowans.

Comment

Originally posted by Superninja80 View Post
          I think an interesting signee is Trey Beamon, son of Willie. If he has the skills of his old man then UNI is in good hands at CB.
          I'd rather have the son of Willie Beamen

Willie Beamen performs his hit song My Name is Willie from Any Given Sunday.

Comment

Just came back from the signing party. Was a great time... And Farley is stoked. Exciting things ahead.
            "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

The future looks bright!!
              Can't wait!!

The UNI Dome is missing a NC banner!
              "Give a cheer Ho, the purple and the gold!!"

Comment

Just read this thread and have to say I'm about as excited about this class as any at UNI.

Comment

• Lord please let this next football season bring fans and excitement back to UNI athletics, and let it help this basketball season seem but a distant memory.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Comment

In all honesty the class of 2014 in Iowa wasn't the strongest class, after Lazard and Pierschbacher there is a big fall, and I think you are seeing that in the classes UNI, Iowa, and Iowa St. put together

Comment

I'm really just hoping we have enough OL skill. That seems to be our real missing link of late.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther-Sheik View Post
                        I'm really just hoping we have enough OL skill. That seems to be our real missing link of late.
                        Totally agree. Coach Nelson usually does a great job developing guys into great O-Lines, but they have been less than stellar the past couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                          I've gone through and updated all of the commitments to other schools that I was able to find. I'll start adding in some of the names that came out of left field before noon.

I've also checked in on some of our guys who haven't sent in LOI's yet. Jaha McCray is still quiet but I didn't see any news of him signing elsewhere. Kris Ihde and Justise Keith still have plenty of Purple and Gold and UNI logos on their twitters so I assume they are simply holding off until school ceremonies like Toman is.

PS--I'm hearing some really exciting things
                          Justise may have held off due to his school being closed Wednesday. I'd love to see him help bring his fellow schoolmate to Cedar Falls.
                          The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Safe to say Justise Keith will be a Panther considering he tweeted this a few hours ago:

https://twitter.com/Just_Us25/status/431169313425219584
                            walk-on. The others still missing are the McCray kid from Florida, Ihde from NE Iowa, the kid from Aplington (Frey) & I don't see where the QB from Madison WI has signed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post
                              walk-on. The others still missing are the McCray kid from Florida, Ihde from NE Iowa, the kid from Aplington (Frey) & I don't see where the QB from Madison WI has signed.
                              Ihde, just like Keith has UNI all over his twitter and there are no indications of him looking anywhere else.

Not sure why Toman isn't official but yesterday there are plenty of pictures and tweets about how he and Fountain will continue to be teammates at UNI and there are even photos of him signing the paperwork.

As for McCray, he likely will not be coming to UNI due to whatever he experienced on his visit

Comment

Ihde, just like Keith has UNI all over his twitter and there are no indications of him looking anywhere else.

Not sure why Toman isn't official but yesterday there are plenty of pictures and tweets about how he and Fountain will continue to be teammates at UNI and there are even photos of him signing the paperwork.

As for McCray, he likely will not be coming to UNI due to whatever he experienced on his visit
                                McCray's experience... no money left.
                                "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Working...
                                X