WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2016 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2016 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
    I may also be incorrect, but I'm not sure Iowa even offered all 3 until after UNI got commits that no longer freed up their scholarship situation? Can someone look and see at what time Iowa offered Bohannon, Kreiner, and Dailey...and when UNI got the verbal from McCloud, Lohaus, and Ashton?
    Probably correct on Bo. We chose McCloud but I still would have like Bo also.

Kreiner I am not sure.

Daliey who knows. Probably as we are just hearing of this now but I fell like we were out of the running. Possibly not a bad thing as Ashton will balance the classes out a bit.

Comment

I may also be incorrect, but I'm not sure Iowa even offered all 3 until after UNI got commits that no longer freed up their scholarship situation? Can someone look and see at what time Iowa offered Bohannon, Kreiner, and Dailey...and when UNI got the verbal from McCloud, Lohaus, and Ashton?
      McCloud took Bohannon's
      McCloud committed to UNI 5/10/15
      Can't find an exact date on Bohannon's Iowa offer but it appears to have come after the 2015 summer AAU circut - so shortly before he committed in August 2015. One Iowa article lists him as giving "his verbal commitment to Iowa on Friday, soon after Fran McCaffery made him an official offer." http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2...ordan-bohannon

Lohaus took Kreiner's
      Tanner committed 5/18/15
      Kriener committed to Iowa 7/30/15 - the same phone call he got the offer from Iowa on - https://iowa.n.rivals.com/news/kriener-is-a-hawkeye

Ashton took Maishe's
      Ashton committed last week
      I can't really find anything tying Dailey to Iowa other than a few people he follows on twitter are affiliated with Iowa but that was back in Jan/Feb. He also follows people associated with a handful of D1 programs.
      Any offer is most definitely post Ashton signing.
      Last edited by claw; 05-03-2016, 07:19 AM.

Comment

The order the offers came in really doesn't mean a whole lot to me. For conversation purposes though, would you rather have 1 year of Ashton or 4 years of Dailey? Dailey may have moved on from UNI when he committed to Rutgers, but I hope we gave him another run after he withdrew from Rutgers. Maybe we did and he wasn't interested and then we moved on to Ashton?

Comment

I don't know if I'd rather have 4 years of Dailey or 1 year of Ashton. It depends who UNI gets next year. I'd rather have Ashton next year...22+ year old ready to contribute on a team with plenty of youth. If UNI can get Davison (or someone equivalent) for 2017, I'm happy with the decision to move on from Dailey. I think the fact that Dailey gained Twitter followers in McCloud/Phyfe after the NCAA's tells you of his interest. They wouldn't have started following him if something wasn't cooking.
          The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

The purpose of pointing out that those guys didn't have scholly offers from Iowa at the same time UNI pulled/ran out of scholarships for them and moved on shows that UNI wasn't running away from iowa's recruitment. It just happened that they eventually waited long enough to get something from Iowa. UNI found their right fits and moved.
            The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
              I don't think other programs let us do their recruiting. But I do think our staff does a good job of identifying good players, that fit our program, and where their is some interest by the player. I just think an important next step for our program is to get a few more of the players I mentioned above. But I also don't think our recruiting is bad now, wasn't trying to imply that either.
              I think you and I are in agreement. Everything you state above is correct, IMO.

As UNI continues to move the program upward, you'll see more situations where we compete against B1G teams for players. Throw some other quality programs in there too, like Marquette. Notice I didn't mention Iowa St. That's a different style of play, which Prohm seems to be largely continuing. Could be wrong, but I doubt we butt heads too much, even in state.

Comment

Keep in mind that UNI likes to wrap their recruiting up early. If a guy like Bohannon and Kreiner got offers from Iowa in August, think what McCloud would have gotten?! Same with Wyatt to an extent. You can't think of it solely as UNI beating out a BCS school for another recruit, you have to keep in mind that they also commit before moving to that point in the recruiting process.

Morgan was offered by Iowa State, but really that's the last one that UNI duked it out for with a BCS program publicly to the end....maybe Matt Heldt who went to Marquette, but that's not BCS. Bigger conference, yes.
                Last edited by Panthers to the Bone; 05-03-2016, 09:11 AM.

Comment

I'm betting Dailey goes to Iowa. I noticed he doesn't follow any UNI players anymore and just recently started following a bunch of Iowa guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
                    I'm betting Dailey goes to Iowa. I noticed he doesn't follow any UNI players anymore and just recently started following a bunch of Iowa guys.
                    Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner.

Comment

The purpose of pointing out that those guys didn't have scholly offers from Iowa at the same time UNI pulled/ran out of scholarships for them and moved on shows that UNI wasn't running away from iowa's recruitment. It just happened that they eventually waited long enough to get something from Iowa. UNI found their right fits and moved.

This is a good point. UNI didn't get "beat" in this recruitment. They moved on.

Interesting, the article in the DM Register this morning makes Dailey seem like an awkward choice to EIU, not really taking advantage of the opportunity they had with the open scholarships for guards.

Comment

Found a quote from Dailey where he said he did visit UNI after decommitting from Rutgers but wanted to stay in the Big Ten.

Like Jacobson (Nebraska) we never had a chance after a P5 school offered, no matter the quality of there program.

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                          Found a quote from Dailey where he said he did visit UNI after decommitting from Rutgers but wanted to stay in the Big Ten.

Like Jacobson (Nebraska) we never had a chance after a P5 school offered, no matter the quality of there program.
                          Doesn't surprise me when he said before his Rutgers offer that he was considering going to a prep school over us. Then committing to one of, if not the worst P5 programs in the country showed his cards.
                          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Committing to Rutgers tells you the kid doesn't care about winning.
                            #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                            X