WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rally In the Valley '16 - Items and Check-In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rally In the Valley '16 - Items and Check-In

Originally posted by Bookin' Panther View Post
    Another great Rally in the Valley is in the past. What an awesome evening! Of course, the highlight was having DJ and his new bride in attendance. I added up the 15 live auction items which brought a total of $122,600. Two items were added to the printed book--one was Coach Jake's tie ($1,600) and the other was a 2 air flight, 2 hotel, 2 game tickets, $100 Visa card to an Arizona Cardinals game (I think sponsored by DJ since he was onstage when it was announced). That weekend package went for $13,000. All this, plus the hundreds of silent auction items, will surely make it the most successful Rally thus far.

Did it include dinner with DJ?

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
      Did it include dinner with DJ?
      Dinner not mentioned so I'm guessing not included. LOL.

Comment

It also included a $100 visa gift card...

Comment

I was hoping that somebody might have gotten a nice little bonus dinner with DJ. It might still happen.

Comment

Just received an email the Rally raised a record $260,000!!!

Comment

Well done and congratulations to everyone involved. In my opinion, this has become a can't-miss event for all Panther faithful. It wouldn't surprise me if in the near future, they have to start looking for a bigger venue. Being sold out is awesome, but I know they hate turning people away. Can't make the fire marshal mad though.
              "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

How was this year's Rally?
                The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Another great event which gets better each year. Bidding for most of the items was done on smartphones, after downloading the Handbid app and it worked really well, letting you know if you were "winning" or you were outbid. David Johnson's signed Cardinals jersey went for $6000. Eric Bralyee did a great question and answer session with Karter Schult, who is a great ambassador for UNI athletics and Coach Farley had the 600 guests in the palm of his hand talking about Karter being the epitome of a small-town Iowa kid following his dream to become the top defensive player in FCS and training for a shot at the NFL. Another really cool segment was a video featuring boosters and coaches announcing a $500,000 pledge over the next five years to the PSC!

Comment

Originally posted by Panther AC View Post
                    Another great event which gets better each year. Bidding for most of the items was done on smartphones, after downloading the Handbid app and it worked really well, letting you know if you were "winning" or you were outbid. David Johnson's signed Cardinals jersey went for $6000. Eric Bralyee did a great question and answer session with Karter Schult, who is a great ambassador for UNI athletics and Coach Farley had the 600 guests in the palm of his hand talking about Karter being the epitome of a small-town Iowa kid following his dream to become the top defensive player in FCS and training for a shot at the NFL. Another really cool segment was a video featuring boosters and coaches announcing a $500,000 pledge over the next five years to the PSC!

So, the coaches themselves are pledging? Or they just announced the pledge?

Comment

Yes, the coaches are among the donors pledging the $500,000 over five years. The video shown at Rally is now on the unipanthers.com website and at the end all the donors names appear.

Comment

Working...
                      X