WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite MLB team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite MLB team?

Big Red Machine just glad that Dusty is back on the left coast. Go Reds!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Luther_Heggs View Post
      This might be a good year to catch a game or two in Des Moines. The Cubs should be moving a few of their star minor league pitchers there. Unless, of course, they decide to promote them directly to Chicago.
      Its been a good while, at least, since theres been as much potential impact talent coming through Des Moines. It's going to be a good summer to watch baseball at Principal Park. Javier Baez (#4), Kris Bryant (#17), Arismendy Alcantara (#83) are all going to be rolling through. Mike Olt, who was #45 a year ago, will also probably be there as he hopes to get back to 2012 form before he had eye issues.

The PCL is probably the most hitter friendly league in MiLB and the I-Cubs offense should be pretty explosive, at least for the first half of the year. They might not win a ton of games because the pitching talent in the organization is going to be down in AA but that AAA lineup could feature some future studs. Its also going to have some local flavor as Brad Nelson from Bishop Garrigan in Algona should be holding down first base.
      Top ten UNI football plays from 2001-2011

Comment

First Cubs TV game of the year is Thursday on WGN. Shortly thereafter a big box will arrive on my doorstep with 82 pairs of tickets inside. The only thing bloodier than the on-field results last year was my bank account.

Comment

You poor fool

Comment

Originally posted by Newsbreaker View Post
            First Cubs TV game of the year is Thursday on WGN. Shortly thereafter a big box will arrive on my doorstep with 82 pairs of tickets inside. The only thing bloodier than the on-field results last year was my bank account.
            Stoked for the games to get going, got my MLB tv package ready to go. Watching the cubs this spring will be more exciting than watching them has been in several years.

IDK if I'll ever be making enough money or living close enough to get season tickets, but I signed up for them just in case. I checked the waiting list a few weeks ago, I'm up to about 65,000th in line. The poor field product has allowed me to move up about 40k spots in the last 3 years or so.
            Top ten UNI football plays from 2001-2011

Comment

Hard to move to Florida and NOT love the way Tampa Bay Rays put a winning team on the field year after year. Lovin' the Rays.
              "Try being more of the solution, and less of the problem."

Comment

Phillies,Indians and Cards as a classmate of mine is manager! :-)
                GO NORTHERN IOWA PANTHERS![SIZE="6"][/SIZE]

Comment

Every year some smartass jokes about the icubs being better than the big cubs, but that might really be the case by July.

Comment

Isn't that why the Cubs quit coming to Dsm to play an exhibition every year, because they kept losing to the I-Cubs?
                    GO PANTHERS!

Comment

It is nice when you are playing in a meat grinder division like the NL Central that they give the Cards, Reds and now the Pirates a few days of here and there to play the Cubs.

Comment

Working...
                      X