WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire Farley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fire Farley

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
    This is a whole other discussion, but on what planet does NDSU get beat again?

I mean, 10 or more in a row doesn't seem at all far fetched when they recruit better than any other FCS team and play all their playoff games at home.
    They have about 11 seniors on this years team. Deluca is about to get a medical to come back against next season.

10 is putting it lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post
      They have about 11 seniors on this years team. Deluca is about to get a medical to come back against next season.

Unless they were to get caught with some type of major violations that limits scholarships or post season appearances, I totally agree that they have all the pieces in place to be the top dog for the next 5-10 years

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post

Just saw that DeLuca news. That defense is going to be even more of a ***** than usual next year.
        #MACtion

Comment

DeLuca may change his mind if the NFL grades him out as a draft pick with guaranteed money. $500,000+ put in front of you can change some decisions. I don't know how, or if, he would grade out.

Comment

You could have the argument that only a few years ago before playoff expansion... 4 regular season losses would not get you in...The past two years got in only because of expanding to 20 teams. I don't know why I get mad after football games anymore when I totally expect to lose against quality competition...no one fears coming into the Dome anymore.

Comment

I haven't studied a NDSU two deep, but I was reading some previews of Saturday's game. I was surprised at the number of Sophomore starters they kept mentioning. They must've had a pretty good two year recruiting run (factoring in redshirts). That's what happens when you win your conference and a boatload of NCs.

Comment

BUMP

Speaking of DeLuca - appears that he is out for season with shoulder injury. Per @sbatt79 of QC Times

Comment

I was curious if there was ever a Fire Salmon thread. The answer appears to be no.

Carry on.
                  Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
                    BUMP

Speaking of DeLuca - appears that he is out for season with shoulder injury. Per @sbatt79 of QC Times
                    Well heck, let's just run the table in the MVFC and get the #1 seed for the playoffs. That would put to bed the "FIRE FARLEY' talk for at least one year!
                    (until we blow a 27 point halftime lead in the natty, sorry )

Comment

With those recruits who are lower end or borderline FBS, don't you think they will go to a FCS program where the local media and fanbase treats them like FBS talent? That's NDSU's secret right there. NDSU fears going FBS because they may not be able to afford it and they don't want to risk being the next Laramie, Wyoming.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoPanther View Post
                        With those recruits who are lower end or borderline FBS, don't you think they will go to a FCS program where the local media and fanbase treats them like FBS talent? That's NDSU's secret right there. NDSU fears going FBS because they may not be able to afford it and they don't want to risk being the next Laramie, Wyoming.
                        Don't know about Wyoming, but NDSU can offer Minnesota and Wisconsin kids in-state tuition without having a state legislature breathing down their necks to be self-funding financially. NDSU can even offer partials to MN/Wi because of the tuition remission. We have to go full-ride for out of staters and use our splits for in-state kids.

Comment

BUMP

He played some against Iowa, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                            He played some against Iowa, correct?
                            entire game, I think. 8 tackles.

Sent from my NSA monitored One+ 3

Comment

entire game, I think. 8 tackles.

Sent from my NSA monitored One+ 3
                              Someone was talking medical redshirt with him. How can he do so while playing all of one game and at least some of their first? He's got to be close to the percentage played threshold allowed. I can't remember if they count quarters played, snaps, etc. Regardless, there's a number over which there is a point of no return.

Comment

I believe that he missed a good portion of another year (if not the entire year).

Comment

Working...
                                X