WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin

If not a statement, it was certainly an excellent show for the Panthers in front of one of the best crowds the program has seen in years. A line outside of the West Gym began to form at 5:30 p.m. for the 7 p.m. match and with just more than 10 minutes until the first match, there was standing room only.
    That was awesome. I had never been to a UNI wrestling match. What a crowd. Intensity was awesome. Congrats to the panther wrestlers!

I'm sure we'll go again sometime. It left me wondering if it would be worth moving to the McLeod. What was the attendance? Had to be over 2000. I think more should/would come if they could. The hot, loud, intense atmosphere must have been oppressive for the Badgers, though.

Btw- anybody know what happened with the one badger running out of the gym?

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
      Btw- anybody know what happened with the one badger running out of the gym?
      I would like to hear this too

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
        It left me wondering if it would be worth moving to the McLeod. What was the attendance? Had to be over 2000. I think more should/would come if they could.
        There were just over 2,000 in there, as it was a sell out.

It is too late to move anything over the the McLeod for this year, but, yes, I concur. If we're going to have these kinds of crowds, it's not comfortable to be in there, and you have to figure that a few hundred more could get into the McLeod, which is a win-win for everyone involved.

We can still get loud in the McLeod (I didn't intend that ), if that is what people think the advantage to the West Gym is.

Comment

If you put the 2000 in the McCloed if would be quiet and boring. 2000 is not enough to make that place a great place to compete. Double that and then we are talking.

Comment

Replays of the matches can be seen at http://badgerstatewrestling.com/inde...&col=1&eid=569

Comment

Originally posted by Opti View Post
              If you put the 2000 in the McCloed if would be quiet and boring. 2000 is not enough to make that place a great place to compete. Double that and then we are talking.
              You may not have seen the Iowa dual in there in 2007, but I've never been to a more exciting UNI dual in my life.

If this thing keeps growing like it is, I think that the decision will be out of our hands anyway and the powers that be are going to want to move it into the McLeod for the extra revenue. If we're selling out Wisconsin duals, without students on campus, that suggests to me that more than 2,000 will be showing up to all of our duals, at least for a time, while the gettin' is good.

I, for one, would really like to see it move over there.

Comment

I would be shocked if the Iowa State dual didn't end up in the McLeod Center. They're way out in front at this point and the logistics of the move wouldn't be too difficult at this point. If things keep going this way, they'll get 6000 for that dual.
                #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                  I would be shocked if the Iowa State dual didn't end up in the McLeod Center. They're way out in front at this point and the logistics of the move wouldn't be too difficult at this point. If things keep going this way, they'll get 6000 for that dual.
                  If I understand correctly, they were keeping the option open for the ISU dual (season tickets even say, "Venue to be determined."), but there's apparently some miserable "country" (I use the term in quotes, as I love traditional country) concert in the McLeod Center on that date. So, yes, the ISU dual will be in the West Gym, with everyone packed in like sardines.

Again, I could be wrong, but I thought that's what I heard.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                    The (fairly huge) Luke Bryan concert in the Dome will be taking place at the exact same time as the ISU meet. That could be a possible roadblock.
                    UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                    iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

“We were working on trying to get the Iowa State meet over in the McLeod Center,” Schwab said of the Feb. 7 home dual against the Cyclones, which will be held inside the West Gym because country music star Luke Bryan is scheduled to play in the bigger building on the other side of Hudson Road. “I’ll go takedowns with him for the McLeod Center.”

Comment

Related Galleries

Photos: UNI-Wisconsin wrestling

UNI 29, Wisconsin 9

165 - Cooper Moore (UNI) dec. Frank Cousins 13-2, 174 - Cody Caldwell (UNI) dec. Scott Leigel 9-6, 184 - Ryan Loder (UNI) dec. Dylan Iczkowski 1-0, 197 - Basil Minto (UNI) dec. Timmy McCall 3-2, 285 - Connor Medbery (Wis) dec. Blaize Cabell 2-0, 125 - Dylan Peters (UNI) pinned Ryan Taylor, 2:28, 133 - Joe Colon (UNI) dec. Tyler Graff 6-0, 141 - Joey Lazor (UNI) dec. Jesse Thielke 14-2, 149 - Gunnar Wolfensperger (UNI) dec. T.J. Ruschell 10-8, 157 - Isaac Jordan (Wis) pinned Jarrett Jensen, 1:50. Official - Rick Stahl.

Comment

Luke Bryan? Is he bringing Rayna James so they can do their new hit single "Ball and chain"?
                          GO PANTHERS!

Comment

The West Gym was rocking Saturday night. Get on board the Panther Train!!!

16th Ranked UNI tops #24 Wisconsin in the West Gym, 29-9 in front of a packed house. UNI used two major decisions and a pin to propel the team to a win over...

Comment

Forgot all about the Luke Bryan (whoever the hell that is!?!?) show that weekend. Can't complain, that should bring in style big money for the athletic department.
                              #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                              X