WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Panther

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Panther

Does anyone know of any others?

Re: New Panther

Uh, we're gonna need a pronunciation guide on that one.
    GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by panther2454 View Post
      Nice. Does UNI/has UNI gotten many out of Texas?
      "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

More on the new recruit.
        By setting a new overall record of 109 wins and four losses in just three years in the state wrestling championship, Jack Skudlarczyk passed the overall high school record of 108 wins and three losses his father Perry set in the mid-1980s.

and

Last edited by Unionpanther; 11-23-2016, 07:14 PM.

Comment

How did UNI's recruits do at state this weekend?
          The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
            How did UNI's recruits do at state this weekend?
            Keaton Geerts from New Hampton won a title at 138 in 2A. He finished 5th as a sophomore at 120 and was champ last year at 132.

Triston Lara from Fort Dodge won his title at 138 in 3A. 4th as a freshman at 106, second as a sophomore at 113, champ as a junior at 126.

Derek Holschlag from Union didn't wrestle and from what I can find on twitter may have gotten hurt at sectionals and not even appeared at districts.

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
              Uh, we're gonna need a pronunciation guide on that one.
              I'm gonna assume it's pronounced Skud-lar-check or Skud-lar-chick.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshallTucker View Post
                Keaton Geerts from New Hampton won a title at 138 in 2A. He finished 5th as a sophomore at 120 and was champ last year at 132.

Triston Lara from Fort Dodge won his title at 138 in 3A. 4th as a freshman at 106, second as a sophomore at 113, champ as a junior at 126.

Derek Holschlag from Union didn't wrestle and from what I can find on twitter may have gotten hurt at sectionals and not even appeared at districts.

Staph is what I heard

Comment

Truly impressed with Lara and Geerts, disappointed that NH coach did not give Geerts the green light to cut the guy in finals, a simple major decision gives NH a state team championship, up 5-0 with a stall call, 2 takedowns potentially wins NH the title by a 1/2 point, never saw any indication from the NH corner to cut the guy and go for the major, he did just miss a tilt, but 2 takedowns most likely gets it done, you cannot leave it up to the next guy. You just do not get that many chances to win a team title and NH loses a lot of senior firepower. I am making an assumption that they knew the team scores at the time of 138 2A final.

Comment

NH already won the dual title last week, we Chickasaws don't like to show off too much, like to give somebody else a chance at some honors. They probably knew the team score situation, but even if they didn't you always go for bonus points if the opportunity is there. I'd have to watch the match to know if they made a mistake. Or I could just take your word for it, you know your wrestling, and that would be easier.
                    GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Just a heads up, Panther recruit Jack Skudlarczyk takes a 24-0 record into the Texas 6A state tournament at 126 this weekend. Not sure if they seed the brackets, but he is on the bottom side. Good luck Jack.

Comment

This kid is hard for me to judge, mainly because wrestling in Texas is such an unknown, yes overall they have great athletes down there, but wrestling is not a popular sport in the state.

Comment

Another title for the future Panther.

126 * 6A Results
                          Guaranteed Places
                          1st Place * Jack Skudlarczyk of Austin Westlake
                          2nd Place * Logan Brown of Allen
                          3rd Place * Adam Maestas of McKinney Boyd
                          4th Place * Cole Fournier of Weatherford
                          5th Place * Ryan Chavez of El Paso Eastwood
                          6th Place * Gregory Quintanilla of San Antonio Johnson
                          1st Place Match
                          Jack Skudlarczyk (Austin Westlake) 28*0, Sr. over Logan Brown (Allen) 40*8, Jr. (Fall 3:35).

Comment

Originally posted by Big Poppa Pump View Post
                            Truly impressed with Lara and Geerts, disappointed that NH coach did not give Geerts the green light to cut the guy in finals, a simple major decision gives NH a state team championship, up 5-0 with a stall call, 2 takedowns potentially wins NH the title by a 1/2 point, never saw any indication from the NH corner to cut the guy and go for the major, he did just miss a tilt, but 2 takedowns most likely gets it done, you cannot leave it up to the next guy. You just do not get that many chances to win a team title and NH loses a lot of senior firepower. I am making an assumption that they knew the team scores at the time of 138 2A final.
                            They obviously felt he was more likely to get a turn/pin than 3 takedowns.

I've never seen a kid so pissed about winning a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                            X