WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News: Report: Bama reveals interest in Gophers' Pitino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News: Report: Bama reveals interest in Gophers' Pitino

Alabama has expressed interest in Minnesota basketball coach Richard Pitino as a potential candidate for the Crimson Tide's open coaching position, according to a report in The Minneapolis Star Tribune.

More on ESPN...

Re: News: Report: Bama reveals interest in Gophers' Pitino

I talked about this in the thread about Barnes leaving Texas...might be an explanation why Jake signed that big contract: to dispel any talk about him leaving for Minnesota.
    Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
    Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
    - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
      might be an explanation why Jake signed that big contract: to dispel any talk about him leaving for Minnesota.
      didn't stop Steve Alford a few years back.
      signed a 10-year extention with New Mexico on a Wednesday, then took the UCLA job on that Friday.

Not saying that Jake would necessarily do that sort of thing, just reminding that that sort of thing happens in collegiate coaching.

Comment

Steve Alford also intimidated a rape victim using a 'spiritual adviser' employed by the basketball program.

He and Jake are in different galaxies in regards to ethics and morals.
        #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
          Steve Alford also intimidated a rape victim using a 'spiritual adviser' employed by the basketball program.

He and Jake are in different galaxies in regards to ethics and morals.
          Not to mention that there's just a little bit of difference between leaving for a middle of the road Big Ten program and leaving for one of the most storied programs in the history of college basketball, regardless of Alford's moral standing (which sucks by the way - he's a slimebag).
          Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
          Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
          - George Halas

Comment

He was referring to when he left New Mexico, but yes you are right about the rest.

Comment

All the same I done think us Panthers should be happy if the Minnesota job comes open. That kind of gives me some worries but it's the way I am.

Comment

Gregg Marshall now interviewing for Alabama...what happened to the Texas gig?
                (217): Just watched a UNI fan at the bar lick the tears off of a KU fans face.. See what march madness does to people

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                  He was referring to when he left New Mexico, but yes you are right about the rest.
                  Try reading it again.
                  UNI isn't exactly splitting atoms in terms of academics. -run&blade

Comment

Originally posted by TH1974 View Post
                    Try reading it again.
                    Yeah I see, sorry for that, my brain struggles sometimes.

On a side note I am struggling to see the interest in Richard Pintino. He was hired at Minnesota after really not doing much in his coaching career. I mean I get that his dad is a good coach but I don't see how he has proven himself.

Comment

Working...
                    X