WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for cheap tickets for Drake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for cheap tickets for Drake

Anyone have a lead on 3 cheap seats for the Drake game on the 15th?
    Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Re: Looking for cheap tickets for Drake

I'm actually looking for 4 tickets to our game AT Drake on the 28th. It's our son's birthday and I want to take him to an away game and spend some time at a nice dinner in Des Moines maybe.

So - anyone have tickets available in Des Moines?
    AND - any recommendations for us to eat that a just-turned 9 year old and a six year old would enjoy? Something unique that we don't have in the Cedar Valley?
    "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
      I'm actually looking for 4 tickets to our game AT Drake on the 28th. It's our son's birthday and I want to take him to an away game and spend some time at a nice dinner in Des Moines maybe.

AND - any recommendations for us to eat that a just-turned 9 year old and a six year old would enjoy? Something unique that we don't have in the Cedar Valley?
      I can't help you out with the tickets, but Zombie Burger is a fun time in the East Village in Des Moines. Definitely unique.

Last edited by UNICats; 12-27-2016, 11:13 AM. Reason: Forgot link

Comment

Originally posted by UNICats View Post
        I can't help you out with the tickets, but Zombie Burger is a fun time in the East Village in Des Moines. Definitely unique.

http://www.zombieburgershakelab.com/...ines-downtown/

Ditto. Zombie Burger is what came to my mind. It might be better for the 9 year old than the 6 year old.

Personally, I also really like Scenic Route bakery which is just a block or so from Zombie Burger. Plenty there for kids too.

Comment

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post

If you don't care about getting a seatback, I would say you shouldn't have any trouble walking up on gameday and getting general admission tickets. The last couple years, there have been plenty of seats available at the UNI at Drake game. I can't imagine the demand for that game would be very high this year either.

If I remember correctly, the GA tickets are around $15 a seat. You can also check out the Drake ticket website and get the same thing.

Comment

Thanks everyone!!
            "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

I have 2 tickets I'm selling for the Drake game Sunday. $15/ticket. PM if interested.
              The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Zombie Burger was my first thought as well. There is one in Ankeny as well but the original is downtown.

Comment

Well now it turns out we won't be headed to Des Moines for the game because our birthday boy is playing in his own AAU tournament that day.

Might be a good thing. :/

Comment

I can't make it to the game to the game today and want the tickets used. I've got 3 free tickets if you can pick them up at my place. PM me if interested.

Comment

These are taken, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X