WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WrestleStat Rankings Week 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WrestleStat Rankings Week 13

Here's this weeks rankings installment.

Wrestler Rankings: http://www.wrestlestat.com/rankings/wrestler

Darian Cruz moved up 3 spots to finish at #3 at 125 after knocking of undefeated #2 Joey Dance, and then turned around and beat Conor Youtsey.
    Zahid Valencia moves into the #2 spot at 174 after knocking off #12 Zac Brunson and moving his undefeated record to 28 - 0, while Epperly (formerly #2) takes a loss to Ryan Preisch to slide down into the #3 spot.
    At 285, Jacob Kasper made a big jump up moving 10 spots to finish at #11. Kasper has ripped off 17 wins in a row, including his most recent upset win coming over #4 Ty Walz (which was by MD).

Dual Rankings: http://www.wrestlestat.com/rankings/dual

Both North Carolina State and Central Michigan received a bump of 6 spots to finish at #11 and #13 respectively, while Iowa State moved down 6 spots to end up at #19 in the rankings.

Tournament Rankings: http://www.wrestlestat.com/rankings/tournament

No real significant changins in the tournament rankings this week, except for Duke getting a nice boost moving up 19 spots, obviously with help from Jacob Kasper's rise in the rankings.

Hodge Watch: http://www.wrestlestat.com/rankings/hodge

No changes in this weeks Hodge Watch, but I will say it's getting harder and harder to argue that Dean should not be the clear favorite right now. The Hodge algorithm will need to some work in the offseason because Dean has a better track record to justify the trophy over Retherford.

Statistical Rankings: http://www.wrestlestat.com/rankings/statistical

Gabe Dean, the #1 184 pounder in the country, wrestling in the toughest weight class, is STILL leading Division I wrestlers with 17 falls to date.

Note: you'll notice that wrestlers that have not wrestled any matches are still in the rankings this week. I got selfish over the last week and implemented the "Other Seasons" feature for schools and wrestlers instead of tweaking the rankings. Maybe at this point in the season, I should just leave it as-is; what do you think?

Re: WrestleStat Rankings Week 13

I'm not 100% sure how you/the site calculates the dual rankings, but UNI beat ISU this year and the poll has ISU one spot above UNI.

Just seems a little odd

Comment

Originally posted by DomeIsHome View Post
      I'm not 100% sure how you/the site calculates the dual rankings, but UNI beat ISU this year and the poll has ISU one spot above UNI.

Just seems a little odd
      Every team is pitted against every other division 1 school through the prediction engine. It will spit out the result of each of the ten matchups, then determine the winner based on the predicted outcomes. That determines the W/L for each matchup.

You can see exactly how it comes to each match conclusion by loading the two teams in the dual comparison page. That will also show the dual prediction at the top, as well as each of the 10 predictions below.

Comment

UNI also beat CMU?

Comment

Originally posted by DomeIsHome View Post

Just seems a little odd
          I agree I dont get there rankings UNI beat ISu beat # 13 and they fall in the rainkings at 9-2 ?
          Feel the Power of Purple !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by andegre View Post
            Every team is pitted against every other division 1 school through the prediction engine. It will spit out the result of each of the ten matchups, then determine the winner based on the predicted outcomes. That determines the W/L for each matchup.

You can see exactly how it comes to each match conclusion by loading the two teams in the dual comparison page. That will also show the dual prediction at the top, as well as each of the 10 predictions below.
            Gotcha, thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X