Follow us on Twitter


Go Back   Panther Nation > General Sports Discussion Forums > Ticket Exchange

Ticket Exchange Can't use your tickets, find someone who can.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2016, 08:52 PM   #1
Panthers to the Bone
PN's Resident Schwab
 
Panthers to the Bone's Avatar
 
Last Online: Today 07:02 PM
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,704
Default Texas Tickets

I've opened this up for people looking to buy/sell NCAA tix for the Texas game. First time posters can't start new threads so if there are OU fans looking to sell their Friday session 2 tickets they can do so here. Or if there are good deals that people find, they can inform people here.
__________________
The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.
Panthers to the Bone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:16 PM   #2
UNIdad
UNIdaughter fan and more
 
Last Online: Today 10:19 AM
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,125
Default Re: Texas Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
I've opened this up for people looking to buy/sell NCAA tix for the Texas game. First time posters can't start new threads so if there are OU fans looking to sell their Friday session 2 tickets they can do so here. Or if there are good deals that people find, they can inform people here.

PTTB. You are the king of discussion boards! Seriously, I've gone to a lot of opposing teams' fan sites and faced this very problem. Yet, I've never even thought about starting a forum here. Great idea. Facilitates the process for everyone.
UNIdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:02 PM   #3
GonzoCat
Senior Member
 
Last Online: Today 05:55 PM
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,005
Default Re: Texas Tickets

This was a good idea, but so far I've seen tickets advertised in 4 other threads and none in this one. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
__________________
GO PANTHERS!
GonzoCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:13 PM   #4
panther1
Senior Member
 
Last Online: Yesterday 08:28 AM
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,003
Default Re: Texas Tickets

Hopefully UNI starts charging tickets and emailing tonight.
panther1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 03:03 PM   #5
Panther AC
Senior Member
 
Last Online: Today 02:08 PM
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 609
Default Re: Texas Tickets

Yes, the deadline for PSC members/season ticket holders to apply for tickets is 5 pm today. Notification will begin tonight.
Panther AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:10 PM   #6
panther1
Senior Member
 
Last Online: Yesterday 08:28 AM
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,003
Default Re: Texas Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther AC View Post
Yes, the deadline for PSC members/season ticket holders to apply for tickets is 5 pm today. Notification will begin tonight.
Thanks for the update. Hopefully everyone will know soon.
panther1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:59 PM   #7
Shockerguy
Junior Member
 
Last Online: 03-14-2016 07:59 PM
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1
Default Re: Texas Tickets

Another Shocker fan looking to unload Oklahoma City tickets. I have 2 all-session strips in section 324 row H. The seats are 17 & 18. I have them on Stubhub now but would be happy to sell them to a UNI fan without the expensive fees. $225 each & I could meet you at an I-35 turnpike exit for a free delivery on Thursday. Email me if interested. Good luck and represent the MVC.
Shockerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:17 PM   #8
panther1
Senior Member
 
Last Online: Yesterday 08:28 AM
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,003
Default Re: Texas Tickets

Anyone with inside info, or previous experience know about which section UNI will be seated in for those who will need to scalp in Oklahoma?
panther1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 10:21 PM   #9
Panther AC
Senior Member
 
Last Online: Today 02:08 PM
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 609
Default Re: Texas Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther AC View Post
Yes, the deadline for PSC members/season ticket holders to apply for tickets is 5 pm today. Notification will begin tonight.
Got our notification of tickets to be picked up at Will Call in OKC about two hours ago.
Panther AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:43 PM   #10
'70 Grad
Senior Member
 
Last Online: Today 06:51 PM
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keota, IA
Posts: 1,197
Default Re: Texas Tickets

See you there AC! Staying in Wichita Thurs. night. Interesting that the ladies will be in Lincoln Thursday. Wondering about a time.
__________________
Josh Mahoney, Ellie Blankenship, Adam Koch, Jacqui Kalen, David Johnson, Madison Weekly = Golden Panthers on and off the court.
'70 Grad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:36 AM   #11
vbfan19
Senior Member
 
Last Online: Today 06:06 PM
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Cedar Falls
Posts: 1,420
Default Re: Texas Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by '70 Grad View Post
See you there AC! Staying in Wichita Thurs. night. Interesting that the ladies will be in Lincoln Thursday. Wondering about a time.
7 p.m. according to the Nebraska site
vbfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:16 AM   #12
Panthers to the Bone
PN's Resident Schwab
 
Panthers to the Bone's Avatar
 
Last Online: Today 07:02 PM
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,704
Default Re: Texas Tickets

Before buying tickets elsewhere, be sure to check the UNI ticket office. They may not have filled their allotment.

Those seats would for sure be in the UNI section, and if UNI were to not play on Sunday, you wouldn't have to buy an all session pass, but if they were to make it to Sunday, your seat is guaranteed.
__________________
The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.
Panthers to the Bone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:37 AM   #13
otter
Senior Member
 
otter's Avatar
 
Last Online: 02-20-2017 10:32 PM
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ankeny
Posts: 1,126
Default Re: Texas Tickets

Just called the ticket office and they had some available FYI
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 11:47 AM   #14
UNIdad
UNIdaughter fan and more
 
Last Online: Today 10:19 AM
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,125
Default Re: Texas Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
Before buying tickets elsewhere, be sure to check the UNI ticket office. They may not have filled their allotment.

Those seats would for sure be in the UNI section, and if UNI were to not play on Sunday, you wouldn't have to buy an all session pass, but if they were to make it to Sunday, your seat is guaranteed.


Great job helping the Panthers make sure to fill the section with true fans. Viva PTTB.
UNIdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 01:27 PM   #15
06panther10
Bleeds Purple
 
06panther10's Avatar
 
Last Online: Today 06:42 PM
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: CF
Posts: 10,288
Default

Some dirt cheap upper level tickets on stubhub.
__________________
UNI FIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck
06panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 01:32 PM   #16
Born-a-Panther
Bleeding Purple Since '84
 
Born-a-Panther's Avatar
 
Last Online: Today 04:04 PM
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Cedar Falls
Posts: 4,816
Send a message via AIM to Born-a-Panther
Default Re: Texas Tickets

I was able to direct an alum now living in Oklahoma to the ticket office. He'll be in attendance on Friday.
__________________
"...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."
Born-a-Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 01:43 PM   #17
BCPanther
PN Crusader
 
BCPanther's Avatar
 
Last Online: Today 06:28 PM
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,332
Default Re: Texas Tickets

Des Moines is by far and away the most expensive ticket in this round. Great combination of the city embracing the hell out of it and winning the lottery as far as what fan bases are assigned.
__________________
UNI: Basketball School
BCPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 02:41 PM   #18
otter
Senior Member
 
otter's Avatar
 
Last Online: 02-20-2017 10:32 PM
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ankeny
Posts: 1,126
Default Re: Texas Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCPanther View Post
Des Moines is by far and away the most expensive ticket in this round. Great combination of the city embracing the hell out of it and winning the lottery as far as what fan bases are assigned.
And my kids college fund is appreciative of that fact. Wish I grabbed my full allotment.

DSM has definitely done its research and is going above and beyond what is required for this round. Assuming things go as planned I think it's very likely we will see the tournament return to the Well.
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 03:14 PM   #19
BCPanther
PN Crusader
 
BCPanther's Avatar
 
Last Online: Today 06:28 PM
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,332
Default Re: Texas Tickets

They'll get into the regular rotation and this will also help them get the wrestling tournament back as well.

I just wish the building had 3000 more seats so that they could get a Regional.
__________________
UNI: Basketball School
BCPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 03:34 PM   #20
SteinPizza
Senior Member
 
Last Online: Yesterday 10:32 PM
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 4,819
Default Re: Texas Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCPanther View Post
They'll get into the regular rotation and this will also help them get the wrestling tournament back as well.

I just wish the building had 3000 more seats so that they could get a Regional.
Actually, the wrestling tourney helped them land basketball, not the other way around. My understanding is the NCAA used the wrestling tourney as an oppotunity to do some scouting on DSM, with the help of the Greater DSM Partnership. Men's basketball is a far bigger get than wrestling, and harder to win.

And you're right about the tickets, they've been sold out for some time. As for the teams selected, I can't help but think people at the NCAA want to help Des Moines justify the time and effort put into the event.

Last edited by SteinPizza; 03-15-2016 at 03:41 PM.
SteinPizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 03:40 PM   #21
Panther AC
Senior Member
 
Last Online: Today 02:08 PM
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 609
Default Re: Texas Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by '70 Grad View Post
See you there AC! Staying in Wichita Thurs. night. Interesting that the ladies will be in Lincoln Thursday. Wondering about a time.
The open practice time for the men at the arena is 6:40-7:20 Thursday evening, if you are interested. Might be time for a St. Pat's Day green beer after that!
Panther AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 04:31 PM   #22
UNI Ka-Bullseye
Member
 
Last Online: Today 01:39 PM
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ankeny, IA
Posts: 237
Default Re: Texas Tickets

I have 5 seats together for the Oklahoma City sessions.
They are Section 307, Row P, Seats 18-22. Top section on the aisle closer to center court (seat numbering goes right to left within a section when looking at the court).

Session 1: March 18 at 12:30pm (Oklahoma/Cal-Bakersfield and Oregon St/VCU). $330 gets you all 5 tickets. Cash only please.
Session 2: March 18 at 6:20pm (UNI/Texas and Texas A&M / UW-Green Bay). $330 gets you all 5 tickets. Cash only please.

I can meet to exchange on Friday morning in OKC near the arena. If interested, please send me a Private Message on this forum with which session(s) and a phone number I could text. I will soon be listing on craigslist also, but will give preference to UNI fans who request within the same timeframe.

If (when!) UNI wins on Friday, I would also be selling the same seats for Session 3 on Sunday, with first dibs given to whoever buys Session 1 and 2.

Last edited by UNI Ka-Bullseye; 03-15-2016 at 04:49 PM.
UNI Ka-Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 07:40 PM   #23
otter
Senior Member
 
otter's Avatar
 
Last Online: 02-20-2017 10:32 PM
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ankeny
Posts: 1,126
Default Re: Texas Tickets

Saw something this morning that UNI sold its allotment but Texas hadn't
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:10 AM   #24
UNIdad
UNIdaughter fan and more
 
Last Online: Today 10:19 AM
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,125
Default Re: Texas Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
Saw something this morning that UNI sold its allotment but Texas hadn't

Are you serious? Link? If true, I will have to take back all those things I said about UT fans showing up.
UNIdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 03:32 PM   #25
UNI Ka-Bullseye
Member
 
Last Online: Today 01:39 PM
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ankeny, IA
Posts: 237
Default Re: Texas Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNI Ka-Bullseye View Post
I have 5 seats together for the Oklahoma City sessions.
They are Section 307, Row P, Seats 18-22. Top section on the aisle closer to center court (seat numbering goes right to left within a section when looking at the court).

Session 1: March 18 at 12:30pm (Oklahoma/Cal-Bakersfield and Oregon St/VCU). $330 gets you all 5 tickets. Cash only please.
Session 2: March 18 at 6:20pm (UNI/Texas and Texas A&M / UW-Green Bay). $330 gets you all 5 tickets. Cash only please.

I can meet to exchange on Friday morning in OKC near the arena. If interested, please send me a Private Message on this forum with which session(s) and a phone number I could text. I will soon be listing on craigslist also, but will give preference to UNI fans who request within the same timeframe.

If (when!) UNI wins on Friday, I would also be selling the same seats for Session 3 on Sunday, with first dibs given to whoever buys Session 1 and 2.
More flexible on price at this point, and also will sell tickets to Session 3 as well (so Sessions 1, 2, 3 or All Sessions). PM me with a cell phone number if interested.

Sorry for the repost.
UNI Ka-Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 04:08 PM   #26
otter
Senior Member
 
otter's Avatar
 
Last Online: 02-20-2017 10:32 PM
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ankeny
Posts: 1,126
Default Re: Texas Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIdad View Post
Are you serious? Link? If true, I will have to take back all those things I said about UT fans showing up.
Justin Surrency tweet:

@UNIAthletics Ticket office told me they sold out of allotted 450 tickets by Tuesday. Texas tix office says they haven't yet. #MarchMadness
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:32 AM   #27
UNIdad
UNIdaughter fan and more
 
Last Online: Today 10:19 AM
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,125
Default Re: Texas Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
Justin Surrency tweet:

@UNIAthletics Ticket office told me they sold out of allotted 450 tickets by Tuesday. Texas tix office says they haven't yet. #MarchMadness




I don't like to be wrong . . . but I really like the fact that we will have more fans in the lower level, so in this case, I'm glad to be wrong!
UNIdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:38 AM   #28
sivert
Senior Member
 
Last Online: Yesterday 07:32 PM
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 50613
Posts: 1,133
Default Re: Texas Tickets

I tried to look at Texas forums. Hardly anything about the game and still talking about football.
sivert is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 PM.


© Copyright 2004-2016 Panther Nation.  All rights reserved.
PantherNation.com is not affiliated with the University Of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panthers.