WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warner among PFHoF 2015 Finalists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warner among PFHoF 2015 Finalists

"Kurt Warner among Class of 2015 Hall of Fame finalists

Three players could be getting the call to Canton in their first year of eligibility.

Orlando Pace, Junior Seau and Kurt Warner all were announced as finalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2015 on Thursday on NFL Network's Gold Jacket Finalists."

Entire read at:
    The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
    "Well, that escalated quickly."

Re: Warner among PFHoF 2015 Finalists

NFL Hall of Fame and not the UNI Athletics Hall of Fame

hmmmm

Comment

I wonder if his schedule will allow him to make it to Canton?
      GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
        NFL Hall of Fame and not the UNI Athletics Hall of Fame

hmmmm
        I'm younger so I don't know, but what were Warner's stats while at UNI?

Didn't he only play his senior year?

Comment

I don't get the frustration with Warner. He's written a big check to endow a scholarship and I don't think we should be asking much more of him.

He didn't exactly have the greatest experience here and I see no reason why he should go out of his way to be inducted here. He got into the NFL because of what happened in Des Moines, not what happened in Cedar Falls. It may happen someday, but I don't think it's a real priority for either side, especially Kurt's.
          #MACtion

Comment

What happened in Dsm doesn't happen without Cedar Falls. If he's still bitter about his experience and doesn't realize that he needs to grow up. John Gregory's ties to UNI were deep. There were a number of UNI players on those early Barnstormer teams.

I'm not frustrated with him, I'd rather he write more big checks than get inducted into UNI's hall. His accomplishments at UNI do not warrant induction on their own. I don't know if any other athletes have gotten in due to what they did after college. It's obviously not a priority for Kurt, UNI keeps a standing open invitation as a courtesy I guess. Maybe they should just put a time limit on it and leave it up to him.

It will always be out of his way, as it is for almost all inductees, very few live in the Cedar Valley I imagine.
            GO PANTHERS!

Comment

I still wouldn't read too much into this. There are really only a couple of dates we can have the HOF weekend every year. He is extremely busy with his day job that time of year and it's likely it just hasn't happened to work out.

If we really want to make it happen, maybe we should consider moving HOF weekend to a winter weekend with a home basketball game and wrestling meet.

Comment

I know his family was in Iowa around Christmas as they often are that time of year.

It really is a huge scheduling conflict.
                "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Maybe I'm going out on a limb, but I think Troy would be "flexible", as in scheduling the homecoming game on a Tuesday @ 8 AM if needed.

Comment

wtf is this?
                    Illinois State Fan at a St. Louis White Castle 3:45AM Saturday March 6th:

"White Castle?" "more like Black Castle..."

You stay classy Redbirds.

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
                      Do you mean the lack of mention of his playing at UNI in the article? I noticed that, and then realized the Register is just picking up an Arizona Republic story.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post
                        Do you mean the lack of mention of his playing at UNI in the article? I noticed that, and then realized the Register is just picking up an Arizona Republic story.
                        yeah, that and the picture of him in a hawkeye visor, I thought that is what I linked, apparently it just went back to the article....
                        Illinois State Fan at a St. Louis White Castle 3:45AM Saturday March 6th:

"White Castle?" "more like Black Castle..."

You stay classy Redbirds.

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
                          yeah, that and the picture of him in a hawkeye visor, I thought that is what I linked, apparently it just went back to the article....
                          Yep, click through the slideshow a bit and he's got a TigerHawk above his ear on a visor.

Neat.
                          #MACtion

Comment

Who cares? It was a Cedar Rapids event hosted by Zach Johnson - Iowa probably was a sponsor of the event. I still wouldn't wear it out of principle, even if it was free, but that's just me.
                            Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                            Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                            - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
                              Who cares? It was a Cedar Rapids event hosted by Zach Johnson - Iowa probably was a sponsor of the event. I still wouldn't wear it out of principle, even if it was free, but that's just me.
                              Zach Johnson played golf and graduated from Drake, but he's never hidden the fact that he grew up and still is a Hawkeye fan. Having Hawk visors at his event makes sense. What should Warner do, not wear the event's headgear when it's given to him?

Comment

Working...
                              X