WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Practice, April 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Open Practice, April 15th

It's hilarious to read some of this. The offense didn't even run the read option today. Good job trying to stir the pot. How about this...be a fan and support the student athletes. Claw, we do have some really good young players...cheer for them.
    Last edited by pantherball; 04-15-2017, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BDPanther View Post
      Change is not always a bad thing, new coaches bring new ideas and new attitudes.
      If only Farley would embrace this thought.

Looking forward to this season as well, but will be sorely disappointed if we are sticking with the same offensive mindset that has not lead to success the last few years. Really interested to see how we do on defense without Paup's influence.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
        download the new "Panther OC" app.
        Plays will be determined by people in the stands (or anywhere, really) via their smartphones.
        LOL! Watch out we will be national champions for sure with this option!

Seriously, it has almost gotten to this point. Why can't Farley just make a solid decision early and maybe we won't start slow every year?

Comment

Originally posted by pantherball View Post
          It's hilarious to read some of this. The offense didn't even run the read option today. Good job trying to stir the pot. How about this...be a fan and support the student athletes. Claw, we do have some really good young players...cheer for them.
          So, the front ride with option to pull on every play didn't happen? Weird, I must have been in a different Dome...
          #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by pantherball View Post

Thanks for some actual info about the open practice. What else did they do? I would love to hear more about what actually happened. And who stood out?

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
              Thanks for some actual info about the open practice. What else did they do? I would love to hear more about what actually happened. And who stood out?
              They did. Watch every highlight posted on the uni FB account. There is a read look to it every time. The OLB or DE is freezing to make a read and Dunne is carrying out the run look every time.

That's the definition of the front read option.

Comment

I will say we're crazy athletic on defense and really deep in the front seven.

Just like the last decade, we'll go as far as the offense takes us.
                #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                  I will say we're crazy athletic on defense and really deep in the front seven.

Just like the last decade, we'll go as far as the offense takes us.
                  And we should have the receivers.

If the reads are the run/pass variety, Ill live with it. But since it was a practice there not going to run the QB so we don't really know. But there's still hope!

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post
                    They did. Watch every highlight posted on the uni FB account. There is a read look to it every time. The OLB or DE is freezing to make a read and Dunne is carrying out the run look every time.

That's the definition of the front read option.
                    Where did they line up Weymiller? Backfild or receiver?
                    "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post
                      Where did they line up Weymiller? Backfild or receiver?
                      Backfield. Appeared to be the third back after Browning and an unlisted #22.
                      #MACtion

Comment

So Dunne went 11 of 18 for 54 yards and Howell went 6 of 9 for 53 yards? Were there any pass plays that went deep at all to show our WRs speed? Sounds like a lot of dink and dunk passing.

Comment

Trevor Allen? I'd be shocked if he isn't in the Top 3 for touches. But I'm not sure why he would be unlisted

Comment

Jegen? He was 21 last season but Farley said he has been trying him back there this Spring.
                            "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                              Trevor Allen? I'd be shocked if he isn't in the Top 3 for touches. But I'm not sure why he would be unlisted
                              Trevor played in the slot a lot.

Might have been Jegen.
                              #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post
                                Cut the ****. Budgets and all that other **** don't mean a ****ing thing when it comes to continuing to force a failed ****ing offense system down this programs throat.

All that young talent? Won't mean ****ing dick after Dunne has his head taken off in week 3 because he's running a read option 20 times a game.

It doesn't take money to change that. It takes a coach willing to go "****, this hasn't worked for the better part of the past decade I've been trying to force this in. Maybe I should try....I don't know...****ing anything else"

There isn't one read option QB on campus. If you think Dunne is a read option guy then holy ****. Dunne moves about as well as Tom Brady. Kid is a top 5-10 all time passing QB in Iowa history and what do we want to do to him? Run the read option.

5-6 might as well be our new logo. Energy from the coaches? Great. They don't even have ****ing titles yet. Farley won't give them to them. Why? Farley is going to Farley, doesn't matter who the **** is on this staff.

I had optimism for this year, until I see us running the same ****ing offense that has as many seasons under .500 as playoff appearances the last 5 years. More missed playoffs than playoffs the last half decade plus. The same offense that has us going on damn near 2 full recruiting cycles without a damn conference title. None of that has a damn thing to do with budget. It has to do with changing what isn't working. Something we know Farley isn't going to do. Can't wait for his Monday lunch press conferences where he goes "We aren't playing Panther football and we will search for fixes" for the 98th week ina ****ing row
                                Thanks for reminding me why I stopped checking this site as often as I used to. Way too many couch coaches on here that consider it their mission to display their ignorance and anger. Have a nice day Claw. Look real close and you'll find that the Sun came up this morning and the fact that the dog barked is no excuse to kick him to the corner.

Comment

Working...
                                X