WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marvin Singleton Commits to Northern Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marvin Singleton Commits to Northern Iowa

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
    One of our assistants, PJ Hogan, has some kind of connection with both Tartan and Howard Pulley. It has paid off BIG TIME for us the past decade...
    It also helps us that the state of Minnesota has only one Division 1 program.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post
      It also helps us that the state of Minnesota has only one Division 1 program.
      I wont doubt that, i really don't understand why we have just 1 when smaller states have 2 or 3, hell even Rhode Island has more than us. But this is why when my gophs fail I cheer for 2 teams in the tourney, UNI, and Michy state

Comment

Originally posted by strike00 View Post
        accept for the sophmore Sonnen, all of the Tartan players have been all-MVC, and Sonnen was a big part of the team as a Freshman, so that one school Pipeline has been very productive. I'm sure the coaches have a good relationship.

excited to see Singleton as a Panther.
        Any time I see us targeting a Tartan player I pray he signs with us. I don't think we have gotten a bad one yet.

Eric Coleman would be the "most disappointing" just because of his lack of effort at times, but even still he put up about 12 and 8 for us.

Comment

Originally posted by strike00 View Post
          accept for the sophmore Sonnen, all of the Tartan players have been all-MVC, and Sonnen was a big part of the team as a Freshman, so that one school Pipeline has been very productive. I'm sure the coaches have a good relationship.

excited to see Singleton as a Panther.
          Im not saying they are mediocre players, I'm just saying there is more than 1 school to recruit out of than Tartan, and was wondering what the connection was. If you guys had an in with Hopkins you would be set for ever. They produce prolly 2 D-1 players every class, sometimes more.

Comment

Hopefully this is the start of a trend

Comment

does Hopkins really produce two D-1 players every year?

or do other schools produce them and they magically end up playing for hopkins?

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                does Hopkins really produce two D-1 players every year?

or do other schools produce them and they magically end up playing for hopkins?
                probably the latter.

Comment

Gophs,
                  UNI has recruited Minnesota hard. They had a verbal commit from Everette Pedescleaux in the fall of his senior year before deciding to play football...he played at Armstrong. And, if there is a kid at Armstrong that UNI likes, they will go after him! They are annuals at the team camps on campus. They have gotten Travis Brown (Richfield) and Drew Lundberg (Owatonna), in addition to commits from Jermain Davis (before backing out and heading to Iowa, then to Winona I believe), but Tartan has been the best school to get kids from. UNI has gone hard after guys like Jordan Taylor (Wisconsin), Ryan Amoroso (Marquette), Jordair Jett (SLU), and Sam Dower (Gonzaga) in recent years before other schools luring them away.

And, as stated PJ Hogan does alot of the recruiting at UNI, but give Kyle Green and Ben Johnson some big ups for having some very strong MN ties with both having gone to college in the Twin Cities area.
                  The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Is this the 3-4 slasher we've been waiting for all these years? Great news. Can't wait to follow his senior year.

Welcome aboard Marvin!

Comment

from rivals:

With 30 seconds left Hopkins isolates Marvin on the wing and he breaks down Heysse attacking quickly right. Marvin didn't finish the bucket but he made two free throws as he was hacked. Marvin has the demeanor you love on the floor rarely changing expression regardless of what's going on. He's all business both on the floor and off as you remember this young man is getting Ivy League interest in addition to other colleges looking at him. Can you imagine his athletic ability in the IVY? Or how about on the football field? If he suited up on the football field next year I guarantee he would have numerous college coaches there just to see what he could do because the combo of his physique and athletic ability is amazing at this age. Can you imagine him pursuing you at linebacker or defensive end? I'm scared already …

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
                        Gophs,
                        UNI has recruited Minnesota hard. They had a verbal commit from Everette Pedescleaux in the fall of his senior year before deciding to play football...he played at Armstrong. And, if there is a kid at Armstrong that UNI likes, they will go after him! They are annuals at the team camps on campus. They have gotten Travis Brown (Richfield) and Drew Lundberg (Owatonna), in addition to commits from Jermain Davis (before backing out and heading to Iowa, then to Winona I believe), but Tartan has been the best school to get kids from. UNI has gone hard after guys like Jordan Taylor (Wisconsin), Ryan Amoroso (Marquette), Jordair Jett (SLU), and Sam Dower (Gonzaga) in recent years before other schools luring them away.

And, as stated PJ Hogan does alot of the recruiting at UNI, but give Kyle Green and Ben Johnson some big ups for having some very strong MN ties with both having gone to college in the Twin Cities area.
                        PTTB - J Davis is actually at Minnesota State in Mankato. He had a pretty good year last year on a very good team - 12.7 points, 3.2 rebounds, and 2.7 assists.

Comment

Thanks B2B. I couldn't exactly remember where he went. I knew it was one of those two Minnesota powers. He should have exhausted his eligibility now, right?
                          The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Howard Pulley Blue goes 1-1 on day 1 at Peach Jam, 65-63 loss to AL Challenge. Singleton 22/11, Coleman 21 after 32+11 in 1st game

Comment

Anyone have any news on Jake White or Paul Jeperson? Last I heard they were still considering UNI, along with Oglesby and Uthoff.
                              Raised a Hawkeye, Panther by choice.

Comment

iowa offered jesperson a couple days ago...thats about all i have heard.

Comment

Working...
                                X