WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6'8 Forward Zach Bohannon transfering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6'8 Forward Zach Bohannon transfering

out of Air Force. I think we might have an "in" on this kid.

Tweet

Stats
    Last edited by Hail Our Panthers; 04-18-2011, 02:21 PM.
    Top ten UNI football plays from 2001-2011

Re: 6'8 Forward Zach Bohannon transfering

Originally posted by Hail Our Panthers View Post

Tweet
    Hmm, I wonder why he is transferring? Maybe the military life was not for him. I know that after two years you can not really back out of your commitment. Or is a move that has more to do with basketball. He has been injured a little and the playing time just has not been there for him.

Also, we do have an "in". But the same problem exists that we have with all recruits right now. We do not have a scholarship open and if he pays his way for one year it would take our only scholarship for next year, barring transfers.

But can you imagine a 3 pt shooting team of M. Bohannon, Z. Bohannon, J. Koch, Mitchell, James, Sonnnen, etc.
    Last edited by DownGoesKansas; 04-18-2011, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hail Our Panthers View Post

Tweet

Stats

Might have an in, but I don't think we have a scholarship.

Comment

Stats certainly arent that impressive but it looks like he rarely got decent playing time and his shooting %'s were decent (FG% .492, 3P% .367). Those are pretty close to Kwadzo's %'s (.421, and .320 respectively), of course Kwadzo played more often and took 5x's as many shots.

Comment

Pass. By far the least talented Bohanon...
          #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
            Stats certainly arent that impressive but it looks like he rarely got decent playing time and his shooting %'s were decent (FG% .492, 3P% .367). Those are pretty close to Kwadzo's %'s (.421, and .320 respectively), of course Kwadzo played more often and took 5x's as many shots.
            Walk-on? I would take it. Although I think he could contribute here if he was given a scholarship. Who knows how his game has developed in the last 2 yrs. He was not nearly as highly recruited as Jason or Matt out of High school. I think mainly Ivy league type schools offered him.

Comment

If he would agree to walk-on then I'd love to have him. In-state tutition too so if he wants to keep playing basketball UNI is probably his best and cheapest bet.

Comment

If he would agree to walk-on then I'd love to have him. In-state tutition too so if he wants to keep playing basketball UNI is probably his best and cheapest bet.
                It all depends why he is transfering, if he is homesick I would think we would have a very good chance. But if it is playing time related I would think he would look at smaller schools maybe at the Ivy League again. He seems to be a very smart kid.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                  Pass. By far the least talented Bohanon...
                  Maybe but he is far from talent-less. When he actually got significant minutes he put up decent numbers. 12 points and 8 rebounds is not to shabby against Utah. A whole year of being healthy and lifting weights would be great for him.

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                    It all depends why he is transfering, if he is homesick I would think we would have a very good chance. But if it is playing time related I would think he would look at smaller schools maybe at the Ivy League again. He seems to be a very smart kid.
                    Makes sense, there certainly is no guarantee of playing time next year unless you were a starter this year....and even some of those guys could lose time (I refer mainly to Pehl...if that really counts as starting).

Comment

Makes sense, there certainly is no guarantee of playing time next year unless you were a starter this year....and even some of those guys could lose time (I refer mainly to Pehl...if that really counts as starting).
                      I am not saying whether or not we will have playing time available in 2 yrs or whether or not he would be good enough to take it.

All I know is that if I left a school because of playing time I would transfer someplace I was sure that I could play. Kinda like Grant Gibbs, it will be interesting to see how much he plays the next 2 years at Creighton.

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                        I am not saying whether or not we will have playing time available in 2 yrs or whether or not he would be good enough to take it.

All I know is that if I left a school because of playing time I would transfer someplace I was sure that I could play. Kinda like Grant Gibbs, it will be interesting to see how much he plays the next 2 years at Creighton.
                        I agree with you I was just pointing out that next year we probably will be a fairly deep team (although I just remembered he would be sitting out a year anyway) and should be deep for quite some time so maybe this wont be the best fit for him.

Comment

will Wisc need another Bohannon?

Comment

Originally posted by jnutt View Post
                            will Wisc need another Bohannon?
                            Nope they already have there Iowan.

Comment

i was not overly impressed with him his senior year. (as a college player, he was a fine high school player)

Comment

Working...
                              X