WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Football Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Recruiting

Some athletes to keep tabs on throughout the year. I'm not sure how many Missouri kids go D1 on a yearly basis, but we could see a Panther or two out of this bunch.
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

James Jones 5'10/180lbs athlete from Ellsworth CC
    Stay up to date with all the College sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
      Some athletes to keep tabs on throughout the year. I'm not sure how many Missouri kids go D1 on a yearly basis, but we could see a Panther or two out of this bunch.
      http://mosports.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1543
      I noticed a kid from Kansas City Rockhurst on that list. They were a power in that area when I was in high school (way back when) and would assume they're still one of the premier programs in MO. If we could open up a pipeline to that school we'd land some very good players.

I've always wondered why Missouri isn't a better college program, as there's a lot of talent in that state. Hayden Fry, and now Ferentz, have done a good job recruiting there. There's no reason UNI shouldn't be able to do very well too.

Comment

missouri talent at UNI ... yeah, it has been good. helming and frost just to name a couple from the past ... and 7 missouri preps on the current roster including dokes and bradley. they've done well recruiting missouri and i doubt it will change.

Comment

Especially if we keep punishing those womanly Bears that reside down there...

Comment

Originally posted by B.True View Post
            missouri talent at UNI ... yeah, it has been good. helming and frost just to name a couple from the past ... and 7 missouri preps on the current roster including dokes and bradley. they've done well recruiting missouri and i doubt it will change.
            Dre Dokes hasn't been a bad DB either.
            Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Some more names to keep tabs on.

Comment

UNI supposedly has an offer to a 3 star Fullback from St. Louis area

Comment

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/598341.html ----Not the whole article

Currently, the only offer that Anderson knows he has for sure is from Northern Iowa. "I took an official visit there last weekend (December 2)," Anderson said. "It was fun. I really liked the campus and the facilities. I was impressed with what they had and it seemed pretty good for a DIAA school. I also liked how close together everything was. It's a pretty small campus and it has a good atmosphere.

"They said that I'm the main guy they are looking for and that I'm the only running back they've offered this year."

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
                    James Jones 5'10/180lbs athlete from Ellsworth CC
                    http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=172&p=2&c=588823
                    James Jones? 5'10" 180lbs? He must be on the South Beach diet. I'm surprised he has eligibility left.
                    **Go ** Panthers** and Buckeyes**!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Milks View Post
                      James Jones? 5'10" 180lbs? He must be on the South Beach diet. I'm surprised he has eligibility left.
                      If our James Jones is down to 180, then he's an olympic sprinter. I used to play hoops against him in the PEC; he could really move for a big guy. Had a nice NFL career too.

Back to topic...does anyone know if we're talking with Nate Snead, the QB from SE Polk?
                      Last edited by SteinPizza; 12-07-2006, 07:47 AM.

Comment

The Panther Den is supposed to have a FB recruiting update today from IA Preps....
                        "We're not an ordinary school," said Fort. "We have tradition. We have a good team year after year. We rebuild, and it doesn't matter who we have coming back."

dti

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                          If our James Jones is down to 180, then he's an olympic sprinter. I used to play hoops against him in the PEC; he could really move for a big guy. Had a nice NFL career too.

Back to topic...does anyone know if we're talking with Nate Snead, the QB from SE Polk?
                          I think our QB situation is set with sanders next year and then Grace the next 3 years after. But i agree Snead would make a good QB.
                          Oh, and let me make this perfectly clear to you people: you go to UNI, NOT IOWA. The Hawkeyes and their fans do not give a crap if you remain "true to them" or some stupid self-fulfulling bullcrap like that.-OTP

What i say are my opinions and mine alone, and not that of anyone associated with me.

Comment

Snead will be a Safety if he comes to UNI....
                            "We're not an ordinary school," said Fort. "We have tradition. We have a good team year after year. We rebuild, and it doesn't matter who we have coming back."

dti

Comment

Originally posted by pantherclaw View Post
                              I think our QB situation is set with sanders next year and then Grace the next 3 years after. But i agree Snead would make a good QB.
                              wasn't Grace listed as a FB this year and will be a redshirt-sophomore next year? did Marcel Jones look good in practice during the fall?

Comment

Working...
                              X