WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNI Presidential Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNI Presidential Search

Originally posted by northwest iowa panther View Post
    My biggest concern with our new President is he wil have to answer to a board of regents that will have to make cuts and or raise tuition now that the state legislature and governor are controlled by republicans.

My gut feeling will be we will be forced to "fish or cut bait" in support of our division I athletic program. Subsidies to our athletics from the general fund may come to an end--the state legislators now feel they have the mandate to reduce taxes and decrease spending. Our athletic program is an easy target.
    Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
    Could be, who knows? You may want to search for what Kim Reynolds has said about this. She's your next Governor. Terry Brandstad was just announced as the new Ambassador to China.
    New boss, same as the old boss?

Unless there are changes in the allocation model, whoever has the job will have to appease and answer to the Regents, which surely factors into their decision on who to hire.

My hope is that he can come up with a plan to get more money directly to the university outside of the allocation and tuition. I have no idea what that could be, though. But I imagine the question came up in the interviews as well.
    "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Nook has the resume of experience leading institutions somewhat similar to UNI. Each candidate had their advantages or they wouldn't have been finalists. I look forward to hearing more about why they picked Nook (and read between the lines about why they didn't pick the others). It did seem that Wohlpart was groomed for the role. So, hopefully, that means that Nook made them think he could be even better. We hope.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
        Nook has the resume of experience leading institutions somewhat similar to UNI. Each candidate had their advantages or they wouldn't have been finalists. I look forward to hearing more about why they picked Nook (and read between the lines about why they didn't pick the others). It did seem that Wohlpart was groomed for the role. So, hopefully, that means that Nook made them think he could be even better. We hope.
        Fact he is from small town Iowa may have been his ace card. He'll be amongst family and friends. There may not be the problem of trying to find a new president in the next few years.

Comment

Working...
        X