WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNI to host conference championships for VB, XC, Swim/Dive, Indoor T&F, Wrestling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNI to host conference championships for VB, XC, Swim/Dive, Indoor T&F, Wrestling

UNI will yet again host the MVC tournament for Volleyball in the McLeod Center (Nov. 24-26).

And as usual, the MVC Indoor T&F championships will be in the Dome. (Feb. 25-26)

The MVC Cross Country Championship will be at Pheasant Ridge (Oct. 29)

UNI will be the host school for the MVC Swimming & Diving Championship Meet (Feb. 15-18), though it will be held in Iowa City.

and the MAC Wrestling Championship will be in Cedar Falls (March 4-5).

Plus the defacto MVFC championship game will be held in the Dome on October 29.

Re: UNI to host conference championships for VB, XC, Swim/Dive, Indoor T&F, Wrestling

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
    UNI will be the host school for the MVC Swimming & Diving Championship Meet (Feb. 15-18), though it will be held in Iowa City.

http://unipanthers.com/news/2016/6/2...n-2016-17.aspx

Grumble, grumble, grumble . . . after four years of trekking all the way to Carbondale for the MVC Swim/Dive meet!

Seriously, this is fantastic. Iowa has absolutely great facilities for this. And UNI is the up-and-coming team in the sport. UNI's tremendous success is what opened the door for SIU to beat MSU by a half point for the win.

P.S. In reality, we will miss making the trip to Carbondale. It was a great time for the . . . parents!

Comment

Re: UNI to host conference championships for VB, XC, Swim/Dive, Indoor T&F, Wrestling

Wait, swimming and diving will be in Iowa City? How will that work? Will they cover up all the Hawkeye/Big Ten logos?

Has that ever been done before? I mean obviously conferences can hold championships at neutral sites, but I don't think I have ever heard of a school hosting it at another school before

Comment

That's a great summary of information, thanks for putting it together vbfan. As it covers events for almost the next year I'd like to suggest a mod pin the thread for easy access. As it covers both mens and womens sports I'm not sure the womens sports forum is the correct one to pin it in, but that's a minor detail I can live with either way.
        GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by DomeIsHome View Post
          Wait, swimming and diving will be in Iowa City? How will that work? Will they cover up all the Hawkeye/Big Ten logos?

Has that ever been done before? I mean obviously conferences can hold championships at neutral sites, but I don't think I have ever heard of a school hosting it at another school before

I don't think they cover any logos. Rather they just add their own. It is just like when they host the NCAA zones in Iowa City. They just add a bunch of NCAA banners. It would be great to see a bunch of UNI banners there, not just MVC banners!

P.S. Although I like the idea, it would be tough to cover the tigerhawk painted on the bottom of the diving well.

UNIdaughter actually liked the logo because it helped her spot the water and know when to come out of a somersault.

Comment

Tickets to the volleyball conference tournament will be included with the season ticket package. (so it will include the 9 home conference matches, the home match against Iowa State, the preseason tournment with Northwestern, Syracuse, and NDSU, and the conference tournament).

Comment

Working...
            X