WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future Schedules

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Future Schedules

Originally posted by UNIdadtobe View Post
    Not that it is relevant to football, but didn't Cal Poly come within a hair in OT of making the NCAA basketball tournament last year?
    I think they did make it. Wichita State mopped the floor with them

Comment

http://es.pn/15C3ijp

Maybe we should consider this?

North Carolina and wake forest (both ACC schools) are starting a nonconference home and home football series in years where they will not play during the regular conference season.

It's hard enough for us to find teams to put on our schedule, maybe this could be a solution.
      UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
        http://es.pn/15C3ijp

Maybe we should consider this?

North Carolina and wake forest (both ACC schools) are starting a nonconference home and home football series in years where they will not play during the regular conference season.

It's hard enough for us to find teams to put on our schedule, maybe this could be a solution.
        I think thats a great idea when western illinois, illinois state, or sdsu rotate off the schedule, don't think we want to add a flight trip to it though. Is sdsu a flight or bus?
        Illinois State Fan at a St. Louis White Castle 3:45AM Saturday March 6th:

"White Castle?" "more like Black Castle..."

You stay classy Redbirds.

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
          I think thats a great idea when western illinois, illinois state, or sdsu rotate off the schedule, don't think we want to add a flight trip to it though. Is sdsu a flight or bus?
          Great in theory, but the non conf series that we have actually been able to get have been long flights anyway. Northern Colorado, SFA, EWU, Cal Poly, etc.

Why not fly to Youngstown or Indy St? (other than the fact that they are horrible towns)
          UNI FIGHT

Comment

The Big Sky has also had teams doing this.
            Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
              I rather doubt we'll see NDSU, SDSU, or USD rotate off of UNI's schedule.

When they added USD, many of the eastern schools complained about cost of travel, having to fly out to the Dakotas, so the conference set up the whole scheduling rotation with the premise of those eastern schools not having to ever make two Dakota trips in the same conference season.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that means that UNI will play all 3 Dakota schools every year.

Comment

I think WIU and maybe IlSU are protected as well.
                Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Illinois State is our next no-play. Already announced.

I would imagine it will be Missouri State next...
                  #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                    Illinois State is our next no-play. Already announced.

I would imagine it will be Missouri State next...
                    awesome, so we added new members to the valley and they are taking away a bus trip. thats irresponsible, they should always make certain they remove a flight...
                    Illinois State Fan at a St. Louis White Castle 3:45AM Saturday March 6th:

"White Castle?" "more like Black Castle..."

You stay classy Redbirds.

Comment

Does the rest of the league have the same issue? Has there been any talk of going to a 9 game league schedule?

Comment

• Future Schedules

Troy said on OPR tonight that Hawaii recently called, wanting to schedule another game with us for 2017. He said we could not make it work that year, but its possible that we could be going back out there in 2019 or 2020. Very cool!
                        UNI FIGHT

Comment

...and would like a service academy on the schedule in the future also. Bring on the US Merchant Marine Academy! Just kidding...
                          The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                            Troy said on OPR tonight that Hawaii recently called, wanting to schedule another game with us for 2017. He said we could not make it work that year, but its possible that we could be going back out there in 2019 or 2020. Very cool!
                            Why is this cool? We traveled a million miles. Played way late, nobody watched, lost, and made no money.
                            "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Originally posted by ubuntuCAT View Post
                              Why is this cool? We traveled a million miles. Played way late, nobody watched, lost, and made no money.
                              I watched...for awhile and then fell asleep....but then a woke up again and watched another 5 mins until I fell asleep again

Comment

Originally posted by ubuntuCAT View Post
                                Good points.

But if you could get this game scheduled in a year where you're not playing another FBS game...and could get Hawaii to put up a decent guarantee...it might be worth it.

Would be nice to have this on the schedule 4 or 5 years out. Gives you a little something extra to talk to recruits about. Come to UNI...you'll get to play an FBS game every year...including a trip to Hawaii. Not a bad thing.
                                Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Working...
                                X