WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bennett Koch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bennett Koch

It is a good idea to offer early if you like them. You should never take anyone for granted even if you have ties with the whole family. And if we are planning to offer what difference does it make giving it now vs. a year from now. Having him earlier he can help recruit others to join as he plays tournaments over the next couple of years.

Comment

what if the other recruits think he sucks?

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
        what if the other recruits think he sucks?
        Then he wouldn't be that big of an asset for us, recruiting wise... but I really don't think most of us are worried about that possibility
        John 3:16

Comment

i am worried, but i also trust this staffs judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
            i am worried, but i also trust this staffs judgment.
            Ya, I wasn't including you in "most of us" ha.. Ya, I trust their judgment too.
            John 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by PFan23 View Post
              . And if we are planning to offer what difference does it make giving it now vs. a year from now. .
              Because, its at least a possibility that he will have a season that doesn't warrant an offer.

As others have said, I trust this staff as well, but let's not pretend like there is no potential downside to this.

Comment

My thoughts for the people who are worried about whether or not he will be good enough to play here. He seems like a smart kid and I think he will know if he is not good enough and would not want to come here just to sit on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                  My thoughts for the people who are worried about whether or not he will be good enough to play here. He seems like a smart kid and I think he will know if he is not good enough and would not want to come here just to sit on the bench.
                  follow my brothers and get a free education? sign me up.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
                    ... but I can't imagine offering a sophomore (at the time) who averages 3 ppg and 4 rpg.

True; doesn't sound impressive. But this is a 6'7/6'8 junior to be who has worked with and practiced against two DI players for years, and according to one article, beat an NBA D-League player (Adam) in one-on-one. I'll take that.

Comment

As long as he has a good work ethic he'll be fine. He's seen success in his brothers and I'm sure he'll do whatever he can to match or exceed that. I'm sure he'll be working with them quite a bit which will do nothing but make him better. If other recruits think he sucks, so be it. I don't think 1 player is going to make or break their decision. If anything maybe they'll see a successful program with somebody they can beat out for playing time.
                      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

How does he compare to Jordan E @ this age?

Comment

Jordan was pretty chubby and not in great shape. Bennett is rail thin and a pretty good athlete. Body type is a lot more like Adam than Jake...
                          #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
                            so... did we officially offer Bennett? Or what's the scoop with that? Maybe it's just me, but I can't imagine offering a sophomore (at the time) who averages 3 ppg and 4 rpg.
                            you will eat those words

Comment

I was curious about ppg and rpg for JE at this age.

Comment

Originally posted by williebat View Post
                                you will eat those words
                                I know... I am grateful that my fellow PN'ers are taking it as lightly as they are. Thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
                                X