WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2013 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official 2013 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Got a new recruit to the Interested list. Dalton Franken 6-5 F Atlantic, IA (Atlantic)

Comment

Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
      https://twitter.com/#!/RyanJamesMN/s...21415128498176

NDSU is his biggest offer IMO according to his Rivals page
      South Dakota State made the tourney last year. Just Sayin

Comment

thats what it says...

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
          South Dakota State made the tourney last year. Just Sayin
          First time in NCAA history a team from SD made the 64+

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
            First time in NCAA history a team from SD made the 64+

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
            ND has only been to the tourney once....and they have been a 200+ RPI team almost every other year of their program since moving D1.

SDSU may likely be the "better program"

Comment

Yes, NDSU was a flash in the pan. The graphic I saw at the start of the tourney is that SDSU was the first DI team from SD to play in the tourney ever. I think Alaska is the last state to send a representative to the madness. Plus, of course, Northwestern. Coincidence that the Northwestern campus is so close to Wrigley?

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
                Coincidence that the Northwestern campus is so close to Wrigley?
                yes

kaboom
                Top ten UNI football plays from 2001-2011

Comment

I don't know if anyone else has seen this yet, but ESPN has updated the top 100 and Matt Thomas is now on the list! This would be a HUGE get for UNI but with his stock blowing up like it is, I don't see it happening.

Comment

Make no mistake about it--while Knar has attracted widespread recruiting attention for some time, Northern Iowa had long been considered the frontrunner for his services. That is primarily because Knar is perceived as a player who is a perfect fit for the offensive system employed by Panthers head coach Ben Jacobson.

For a brief period we wondered if Knar decide to hold off on a decision a bit longer because one of the most influential figures in his recruitment had been former Panthers assistant coach Ben Johnson, who had been a fixture at Knar's games throughout his junior year at Mundelein. However, Johnson left Northern Iowa a month ago to become an assistant at Nebraska under new head coach Tim Miles. Nevertheless, both Jacobson and assistant coach Erik Crawford continued to follow up with Knar, which proved to be instrumental with respect to closing the deal.

Knar's game is a cross between former Northern Iowa guard John Moran who played his high school basketball at Jacobs in Algonquin, IL and sharshooting Matt Roth who starred at Washington High School in Washington, IL before going on to play at Indiana University. Needless to say, what that means is that Knar is an extremely high basketball I.Q. and a fierce competitive fire.

Simply put, Knar is one of the premier marksmen in the state of Illinois, with range that extends beyond the NBA three-point line. This past season Knar shot a whopping 45 percent from beyond the 3-point stripe. He is a tremendous catch-and-shoot weapon and an ideal systems player. In addition, Knar is outstanding at the drive and kick, as he is able to find gaps in the defense which allow him to penetrate and dish to the open man.

To top everything off, Knar knows how to win. This past season he led his team to the class 4A sectional final at Barrington and averaged over 22 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists per game. He is the second all-time leading scorer in Mundelein school history. Along with another potential D1 recruit--6'6 2013 wing Sean O'Brien--Knar will be a part of a 2012-13 Mundelein squad that will return a considerable amount of talent and could start the season ranked among the top ten teams in the state.

Comment

Its being tweeted that Conner Voss is attending the Northern Iowa Elite Camp

Comment

Added to Interested In: Logan Doyle 6-8 F Alexandria, MN (Alexandria)

Comment

Oh, doyle rules!

Comment

ill add him to the list when i get on my computer

6-7 F Klint Carlson of Waverly-Shell Rock has added an offer from the University of Northern Iowa. Congrats, Klint! -- Jamie Johnson (@IA_Barnstormers)

Comment

i havent seen carlson play but ive heard hes real athletic

Comment

it makes me wonder who else were close to offering that I had no idea we were interested in

Comment

Working...
                                X