WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Panther Football Commit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Panther Football Commit List

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
    Wow, the Allen kid looks good. 6'4 195 LB? Nice.

Has anybody seen him play?

If he's half as good as his dad, I'll take him in a second on my team. Andre was all sorts of stud. As fast of a linebacker as I've ever seen at UNI.

Comment

Updated to include our recent commits and several players who are deciding to go elsewhere

Comment

It's Andres kid. He's great in high school. I was at Waukee hyvee this afternoon (he goes to waukee) and the intercom said "Andre Allen, line 1". Anyone know if he works there?

Edit: I'm a year off. AJ is the older one. Not sure if he's worth any money but he's a good prospect. Trevor is the younger one and he's the stud.
        Last edited by 9YRPLAN; 01-26-2014, 07:45 PM.

Comment

This is what wretched is talking about in regards to Ezra Szczyrback (pronounced Zer-back):
          @jszczyrb: @EzraSzczyrbak As your parents, we are proud of you knowing you have stepped back to make the best informed decision. #UNI #NDSU #UND
          We offered him a scholarship on his visit during the 11-12th, he visited NDSU last weekend and gave them a verbal, but this past weekend he made an official visit to UND. Now he is apparently reconsidering. I'd keep my money on the Bison, but I guess we'll see
          Last edited by panther-state; 01-26-2014, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
            This is what wretched is talking about in regards to Ezra Szczyrback (pronounced Zer-back):

As his parents, you would think they would have better means to communicate with their child than through Twitter.
            UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Todd Blythe tweeted that we got two big time commitments tonight. Don't know if that includes kids already mentioned or not.
              UNI FIGHT

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                As his parents, you would think they would have better means to communicate with their child than through Twitter.
                Clearly there was some hope of drawing attention. They were successful.

Comment

I talk to my parents on twitter all the time.

Comment

I rest my case.
                    UNI FIGHT

Comment

Looks like we offered a LB out of Michigan

RisingStars6: Congratulations to Bryce Anderson from Grove Hs just received an offer from Northern Iowa.
                      I'll add him to the interest section, not a whole lot I can find on him other than a HUDL video

Comment

Also, I haven't seen anything official in terms of an offer or even interest, but I have on good authority that Adam Harris, a LB/DB from West Des Moines Valley.

He was a 2nd team All-State by the Register. Not going to speculate too much before anything comes out but he is a very strong player who could be a really nice addition on either side of the ball. I'd say he would likely move back to DB rather than play "rover" like he did at Valley this year. Lots of speed and strength but he is a bit small for a D-I level LB at 5'10 200lbs

Comment

When was the last time we got a player out of the state of Michigan? I can't think of one.
                          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Also it looks like Sealey wasn't able to get out of town before the storm hit:

DallasSealey: I'M IN A BLIZZARD http://instagram.com/p/jqFHcxD04J/
                            Hopefully his family made other arrangements and didn't try to brave it. And hopefully this weather doesn't scare him off from Cedar Falls

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                              When was the last time we got a player out of the state of Michigan? I can't think of one.
                              I'm sure there has been somebody more recent, but Richard Carter was from Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by arealcat View Post
                                I'm sure there has been somebody more recent, but Richard Carter was from Michigan.
                                Was Andy Thorn a Michigan kid? Richard was the first one that popped in my head too.
                                The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Working...
                                X