WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2017 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official 2017 Panther Basketball Recruit List

http://m.wcfcourier.com/sports/baske...ile_touch=true

New story on Phyfe's commitment

Comment

Thrilled with this one. Jake keeps rolling!
      #MACtion

Comment

Anyone able to give a good analysis on his game and how it will fit with our style? I'm sure some of the ppl on this board have seen him play with the proximity to CF. I know the article goes into some but was just looking at maybe a more in depth analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post
          Anyone able to give a good analysis on his game and how it will fit with our style? I'm sure some of the ppl on this board have seen him play with the proximity to CF. I know the article goes into some but was just looking at maybe a more in depth analysis.
          Big dude that can go inside and out.

Maybe not the best comparison, but he reminds me a bit of Jake Koch. As much as many seemed to think he wasn't that good, Jake is one of the best to ever wear a Panther uniform.

Comment

Jake was extremely underrated - if he's anything like him, I'll be thrilled.
            Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
            Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
            - George Halas

Comment

Comment

Coach Jake and Coach Green were at the UNI WBB game this afternoon visiting with Brad Davison, brother to Steph and Angie on the women's team.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post
                  Coach Jake and Coach Green were at the UNI WBB game this afternoon visiting with Brad Davison, brother to Steph and Angie on the women's team.
                  I posted an article before Phyfe committed about how UNI was still going after. Davison.

Comment

It would be pretty amazing if we pulled this off and he came to UNI.

Comment

What will the scholarship breakdown look like? Graduating seniors will be Wes, Paul, Matt and...who else? Are we looking at 2 additional openings to add to? Phyfe provides another 4/5 type player I'm guessing. So we'd be in the hunt for some depth at guard? Most likely the 2/3 spot?

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                        What will the scholarship breakdown look like? Graduating seniors will be Wes, Paul, Matt and...who else? Are we looking at 2 additional openings to add to? Phyfe provides another 4/5 type player I'm guessing. So we'd be in the hunt for some depth at guard? Most likely the 2/3 spot?
                        The 2017 class is replacing aarias austin and jeremy Morgan. Assuming we pick up a commitment or transfer for the 2016 scholarship, we only have one scholarship left for 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
                          The 2017 class is replacing aarias austin and jeremy Morgan. Assuming we pick up a commitment or transfer for the 2016 scholarship, we only have one scholarship left for 2017
                          Of course, I'm silly for not realizing that this is 2 seasons away. So then I guess what do we have for next year? Juwuan McCloud obviously, but was I incorrect in us losing 3 players (Matt, Wes and Paul)?

Sorry for bringing up 2016 info in the 2017 thread. I'm just curious

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                            Of course, I'm silly for not realizing that this is 2 seasons away. So then I guess what do we have for next year? Juwuan McCloud obviously, but was I incorrect in us losing 3 players (Matt, Wes and Paul)?

Sorry for bringing up 2016 info in the 2017 thread. I'm just curious
                            Next year is currently McCloud and Tanner Lohaus (6'6", Iowa City)

Comment

What position will Tanner most likely play?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

My guess is that he grows into a stretch 4

Comment

Working...
                                X