WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class of 2016--Football Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Class of 2016--Football Recruits

Per a number of sources on Twitter...UNI's is putting out quite a lot of offers to class of 2017 kids.

Most from Minnesota, Nebraska, Missouri and Wisconsin.

Coaches are really hitting the recruiting trail hard.
    Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
      Per a number of sources on Twitter...UNI's is putting out quite a lot of offers to class of 2017 kids.

Most from Minnesota, Nebraska, Missouri and Wisconsin.

Coaches are really hitting the recruiting trail hard.
      Are there any that stick out to you, at least on paper? Also, any in state guys?

Comment

Any chance that UNI takes part in the satellite camps with Iowa State? Matt Campbell used these very well when he was at Toledo and joined with Ohio State and Michigan camps.

Comment

I thought NCAA ban prohibits joint camps. Does this apply in between divisions, not just FBS? Did the reversal of the decision take everything back to the way it was before this erupted?
          Last edited by Trapped in California; 05-12-2016, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
            Are there any that stick out to you, at least on paper? Also, any in state guys?
            I don't know enough about the kids to comment on any that are noteworthy.

But it's the quantity that jumps out. We've gotta have close to 20 offers out...that's just what's showing up on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
              I thought NCAA ban prohibits joint camps. Does this apply in between divisions, not just FBS? Did the reversal of the decision take everything back to the way it was before this erupted?

All I know is that Iowa State seemed to go back to its previous plan. However, in a list provided by Chris Williams which he says are likely to be shared, there were two Iowa camps I hadn't heard about before. I had only heard about Addison, TX, but now he reported about Detroit, Tampa, Atlanta, Houston, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Council Bluffs, and Dubuque.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
                All I know is that Iowa State seemed to go back to its previous plan. However, in a list provided by Chris Williams which he says are likely to be shared, there were two Iowa camps I hadn't heard about before. I had only heard about Addison, TX, but now he reported about Detroit, Tampa, Atlanta, Houston, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Council Bluffs, and Dubuque.
                The rule was reversed to the extent it no longer exists - it was only only in place for FBS/FBS coaches. FCS and lower were still allowed.

Samford is hosting one with about 20 other schools joining
                In the ongoing saga of satellite camps in college football, the real winner in the recent rule change could be the Samford Bulldogs.

Comment

J Rima 2016 UNI football recruit has won the 100 200 400 at the 2016 Iowa state track meet! Fountain on one side and Rima on the other--so much for not having any speed at receiver.
                  Last edited by northwest iowa panther; 05-21-2016, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Rima will play right away. He can fly, his body is ready.

We're going to pound the hell out of people up front and throw over the top. Return to true UNI football.
                    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

We're going to pound the hell out of people up front and throw over the top. Return to true UNI football.
                      Hallelujah! Finally.
                      Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                      Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                      - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by northwest iowa panther View Post
                        J Rima 2016 UNI football recruit has won the 100 200 400 at the 2016 Iowa state track meet! Fountain on one side and Rima on the other--so much for not having any speed at receiver.
                        If u watch Rima's FB highlight video the defense looks like it's running in quick sand.

Like Bobby Bowden said about Randy Moss...he runs like a scalded dog.

Comment

Sounds like fun! Can't wait for the season to get here.

Comment

I am looking forward to watching him play. I think he will be good.

But do you honestly think we will be throwing over the top next year any more than the past few?

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                              I am looking forward to watching him play. I think he will be good.

But do you honestly think we will be throwing over the top next year any more than the past few?
                              Well, Bailey has a tendency to throw over the top of most of receivers on long passes. He has the arm, just not any accuracy. Having a jet in the Kenny Shedd/Dedric Ward mold of being able to get down field and run down a pass will be a good thing. Hope we utilize the TE more again as well.

Comment

The real question is what will Gary's nickname for him be?

Comment

Working...
                                X