WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2015 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official 2015 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
    i dont know, i assume lohaus is the next starting pg with knar swinging between 1 and 2. i would like to find an athletic 2 next.

I've always envisioned Lohaus as more of a combo guard in our system, but regardless of position that class needs some backcourt help.

Absolutely thrilled with the talent level of the past few classes.
    #MACtion

Comment

lohaus isnt a great outside shooter, not that he cant become one.

Comment

Great to see a player from my high school becoming a Panther. Welcome to UNI, Luke!

Comment

Just looked at the first post in this thread. Wow those are a lot of stars in the offered list.

Any idea what McDonnell would be? 3 stars?

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
            Just looked at the first post in this thread. Wow those are a lot of stars in the offered list.

Any idea what McDonnell would be? 3 stars?
            At this point, what usually happens is when a recruiting site catches wind of a commitment to a school, they are unlikely to be reevaluated and given stars, number, etc. that is of course if they commit to a high major, then sites like espn have the thought, "oh they must be better than x number if they're being offered by Wisconsin, Indiana, etc.".

But for a mid major commitment, I doubt we see Luke get a star rating. Look at wyatt Lohaus for instance. He's in the talk for 2014 mr. Basketball, and he still has no stars for rivals, and a low grade from espn. I thinking because of his commitment, espn and rivals don't have to follow him or worry about how he's doing. This is probably why he's listed as the 7th best player in the state

Take a look at that list and laugh

It's kind of sad to see, but unless you're a well known high school prep, usually 4 and 5 star players get the attention from sites. Not saying it can't happen, but Luke won't get more than 2 stars, if any IMO

Comment

After doing some searching...

A member of the 2015 class, McDonnell has taken at least one unofficial recruiting visit to Iowa City according to Barnstormers coach Jamie Pettigrew. McDonnell averaged 6 points, 4 rebounds and over a block per game for a very good Senior team that finished 3rd at the state tournament in class 4A

Comment

Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
                We beat isu for Morgan and Iowa for McDonnell ( speculation). Nice job coaches.

Comment

There was only interest from Iowa for McDonnel as far as I know. Right now, I think Fran is in a bitbof a panic for getting any 2014 recruits, as it seems hes striking out on landing any big name recruits.

But yes, we beat out State and CU for Morgan, and CU for Friedman

Comment

Iowa missed out on their top target (ulis) for 14 but they have a nice group coming in this weekend.

Of course, this had nothing to do with mcdonnell who is a 15 kid.

Comment

• Re: Official 2015 Panther Basketball Recruit List

There was only interest from Iowa for McDonnel as far as I know. Right now, I think Fran is in a bitbof a panic for getting any 2014 recruits, as it seems hes striking out on landing any big name recruits.

But yes, we beat out State and CU for Morgan, and CU for Friedman
                      Don't forget we also beat out SLU for Friedman as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                        Iowa missed out on their top target (ulis) for 14 but they have a nice group coming in this weekend.

Of course, this had nothing to do with mcdonnell who is a 15 kid.
                        You're right, it has nothing to do with McDonnell or 2015 and I apologize for taking this a bit off track. As far as I can speculate, Iowa is going down the list of kids to try and bring in. A quick search on the Rivals database shows that of the 34 kids that Iowa has offered, 16 or 17 have already committed, with their latest offer being Tyler Ulis (I think).

Of their offers left,

1 Five Star, who has eliminated Iowa from his list

3 Four Stars. Josh Cunningham, who has some decent offers, and the other two have eliminated Iowa.

8 Three Stars. I'm not going to go through them individually, because IMO anything 3 stars and below can be a total crap shoot to if any of these kids can play, or should end up at a high major school

i.e. Look at Andrew Zelis, a 3 star player who ended up at Stetson.

Doug McD, a 3 star who has said on record that he was going to CU, UNI, or UCF and ended up being an AA.

On the flip side, look at P'Allen Stinnett (off the top of my head) A four star who didn't even finish college. But I'm sure you can find many examples of 4 and 5 star kids who turned out to be awful. But I digress.

Long story short, this nice group of kids coming in this weekend more than likely weren't the ones that Fran and many hawk fans had their heart set on. Regardless of who they get to commit, most fans will say that it is a good get, their glad he is a hawk, blah blah blah. If they go somewhere else, then most fans will find everything wrong with the kid and will say they're better off without said player. Most fans (even some UNI) don't have a clue as to what or who they want.

Respectfully.
                        Last edited by Moose39; 09-19-2013, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoPanthers85 View Post
                          Don't forget we also beat out SLU for Friedman as well.
                          Correct! and correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't they ranked for quite some time last season?

Comment

Correct! and correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't they ranked for quite some time last season?
                            Yes they were, they were ranked for about the last month of the season and finished at 16th in the final poll. So to get Ted over them is a good job by our staff!

Comment

From Luke Feddersen, IAPreps.com

“@iowapreps: Dub Senior forward Luke McDonnell has said he wants to play in college with Clinton forward Brady Ernst. He has #UNIhoops offer”
                              This came after he committed to UNI. just a lead for you all.

Comment

Most fans (even some UNI) don't have a clue as to what or who they want.
                                I'll admit I don't have a clue as to who or what we want. I leave that to the coaches who get paid a lot of money to worry about it. I have my own job to worry about. I spend absolutely no time obsessing about 15-18 year old boys and where they are going to college or speculating about it on here.

I take notice when one commits to UNI. Once they are on campus and wearing a Panther uniform I start to really pay attention to them.
                                GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Working...
                                X