WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2016 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who haven't seen the news...

Comment

• Re: Official 2016 Panther Basketball Recruit List

I did not see the news....thanks for the the link. What do we know about Tanner?

Comment

Good to see that. I don't know anything about him, but if Tanner is anything like Wyatt as far as ability or intelligence, I think he'll be a good player for us.
        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

From what I have seen of him, looks to me like he is or has been growing into his body. I think he will be that lanky wing we will need. Might need a redshirt year though.

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
            Terrible, awful news. Embarrass the program and the school before you even step foot on campus. Nice job.

I don't even know what to think as far as what Jake should do to handle this. I personally have zero tolerance for this type of stuff, and I'm pretty sure Jake is the same way, but it would really screw us for next year if he were to give him the boot.

I'm sure R&B is thrilled though. Sounds like his type of guy.
            Bad news, yes, but I'd withhold judgement until it's determined exactly what he possessed, and how much. If it's just possession, that signifies a relatively small amount. In other words, not intended to distribute. Also, there's a big difference between cocaine and pot. I don't view pot positively, but there are degrees to this kind of thing. That's the real world, not some Ted Cruz induced fantasyland.

Also, he didn't steal a purse. Keep that in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
              Bad news, yes, but I'd withhold judgement until it's determined exactly what he possessed, and how much. If it's just possession, that signifies a relatively small amount. In other words, not intended to distribute. Also, there's a big difference between cocaine and pot. I don't view pot positively, but there are degrees to this kind of thing. That's the real world, not some Ted Cruz induced fantasyland.

Also, he didn't steal a purse. Keep that in mind.
              I know KWWL news at 6 said it was marijuana, no mention of how much.
              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

The Aarias situation sucks, but you know we run a squeaky clean program when the biggest legal issue our program has faced in the past 15 years is a guy swiping an iPod.
                Originally posted by TH1974
                This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                  The Aarias situation sucks, but you know we run a squeaky clean program when the biggest legal issue our program has faced in the past 15 years is a guy swiping an iPod.
                  That was just a big misunderstanding. Touchscreens were just becoming a thing, so when someone said "You have to swipe it to unlock the screen" he just thought he was being helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                    I would assume he still makes it here. His leash will just be real short and he will miss 5+ games of a very tough non conference schedule. But time will tell.
                    Yeah...it's hard for me to see him not even making it to campus for this when JE got a 3-game suspension and stayed on the team a few years ago for a similar offense. To yank his scholarship would be complete overkill IMO.

Comment

Slightly different situation with Eggs - first he had been with the program 3+ years at the time of his arrest. No issues (in public at least) until that arrest. He was also 7 FT tall. Say what you will, those two things count for something, in varying amounts.

Arrias is a new recruit, at the point of where he should be worried the most about being on the straight and narrow. We will see what plays out. Not a good way to start a relationship based on trust.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                        Good to see that. I don't know anything about him, but if Tanner is anything like Wyatt as far as ability or intelligence, I think he'll be a good player for us.

Love getting another Lohaus. As a player, Wyatt was so impressive as a freshman. And to be sticking it again to EIU. Even better.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdadtobe View Post
                          Love getting another Lohaus. As a player, Wyatt was so impressive as a freshman. And to be sticking it again to EIU. Even better.
                          I'm no Hawkeye basketball lover, but how exactly is this "sticking it to them?" We have no evidence Iowa is seriously interested in Lohaus.

I think it does say something about our coaching staff's relationship with the Iowa Barnstormers and the best HS program in the state over the last few years.

Comment

Other than one exception, we have been able to get the best players from the best high school program in the state, that's a nice deal.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post
                              I'm no Hawkeye basketball lover, but how exactly is this "sticking it to them?" We have no evidence Iowa is seriously interested in Lohaus.

I think it does say something about our coaching staff's relationship with the Iowa Barnstormers and the best HS program in the state over the last few years.
                              Probably referring to taking two former Hawkeye's kids right out from under their noses. I wouldn't say that we've "stuck it to them" yet, but I certainly hope that's what happens in the long run. Would be nice to add to that Jeremy Morgan, David Johnson narrative where Hawk fans go "why didn't we offer those guys"?
                              Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                              Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                              - George Halas

Comment

With regards to aarias it's pretty upsetting for a kid to make a mistake like this. we have built a program that doesn't have these issues with its recruits or players very often. If this kid were a big time recruit I think everyone kinda lets this slide more and maybe uses the ISU excuse...if you want to be good you'll have a kid or two like this (I personally don't agree). It might not be fair to treat them differently, but it's the reality of the situation. regardless of that, he is a 20 something kid who made a mistake. This is his one chance IMO. If you screw up again you can find another program to play for.

With regards to tanner, I'm pretty excited about his potential. The kid is 6'6 and with what I've read it seems he still may be growing. If he gets to 6'8 he could be that killer stretch 4 we've done wonders with. If he stays around 6'6 Then he provides us with a solid sized 3.

My one question with recruiting is when or if our success on the court will pay off with a kid who we wouldn't have thought would be in this program prior to this recent success. We've done great with the under recruited kid and developing them into something special. I just hope at some point we can land a play making recruit with major offers from big 5 schools who see's the upside in playing for the Panthers.

Comment

Working...
                                X