WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2017 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2017 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Sasha is going to Purdue.

Comment

"I've narrowed it down to four options: UNI, Loyola, Evansville, and Valparaiso. I'll be waiting until after the season to make my commitment."

"Lol kididng, going to Purdue, Happy Groundhogs Day."

Not that I'm blaming him, but come on man.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
        "I've narrowed it down to four options: UNI, Loyola, Evansville, and Valparaiso. I'll be waiting until after the season to make my commitment."

Hard to narrow it down and include a school that hasn't even offered yet. If that was the case then I'd like to announce I'm going back to school to use my final two years of eligibility. I've narrowed my schools down to Kentucky, Kansas, UNC and UCLA. Decision will be made later this spring. I think this kid said all along that he was going to take his time and be patient with the process (i.e. hold out for a P5 offer and hope it comes).

I can't say I was all that impressed by his highlight film the time I watched it, but if he thinks he can play in the B1G then more power to him. Good luck to him and hopefully Jake can get the Pickford kid to commit and bring some additional size and athleticism to the wing position.

Comment

Eh, I blame him. Not classy. Also not worth losing any sleep over.
          "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

For a second I thought you were quoting an actual tweet in which case obviously it's "unclassy". But you guys are in fact criticizing a kid for choosing a B1G offer over Valeo and 3 mvc programs. C'mon, there are a number of articles talking about how Purdue has been the goal since day 1

Comment

My bad, misunderstood the first post. Good luck to Sasha.
              "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

Cedar Falls beats Waverly-Shell Rock 57 to 52, AJ Green with 26, Austin Phyfe with 19. AJ's dad, Klint Carlson, and Jeremy Morgan were all there watching, but I'm pretty sure they were just there as fans.

Comment

Cedar Falls beats Waverly-Shell Rock 57 to 52, AJ Green with 26, Austin Phyfe with 19. AJ's dad, Klint Carlson, and Jeremy Morgan were all there watching, but I'm pretty sure they were just there as fans.

Hoping all of the above were cheering for both Green and Phyfe.

Comment

Fun one in Cedar Falls on Saturday, Waverly-Shell Rock vs Cedar Falls. Austin Phyfe vs AJ Green. Should be a relatively good game and/or a complete slaughtering by Waverly.
                    Thanks to this post and cheap GA tickets to the UNI game, I decided to make the trip to Cedar Falls today. Neither game disappointed.

Impressed by both AJ and Phyfe in this one. AJ can definitely create space for his own jump shot, which is pretty and with a high release that would make it difficult to block. Phyfe battled double teams all night. No wasted movements in his game, making quick, decisive, physical moves. I've never sought out a HS game based on UNI commits/recruits, but I should do it more in the future.

In addition to Klint and Morgan, also saw coach Jake at the game while I was leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by UNI Ka-Bullseye View Post
                      Thanks to this post and cheap GA tickets to the UNI game, I decided to make the trip to Cedar Falls today. Neither game disappointed.

Impressed by both AJ and Phyfe in this one. AJ can definitely create space for his own jump shot, which is pretty and with a high release that would make it difficult to block. Phyfe battled double teams all night. No wasted movements in his game, making quick, decisive, physical moves. I've never sought out a HS game based on UNI commits/recruits, but I should do it more in the future.

In addition to Klint and Morgan, also saw coach Jake at the game while I was leaving.

Thanks for the report. What game is next for you?

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
                        Thanks for the report. What game is next for you?
                        ISUr on Senior night is the only thing planned for sure. Hard to make the trip to Cedar Falls mid-week. I'd like to go to ISUr-Drake on Tuesday night but not sure. As far as HS games, any suggestions? Never even been to the state tourney so might try to check that out.

Comment

I feel like we're really pushing for Pickford. Crawford and Jake at his game tonight.
                          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                            I feel like we're really pushing for Pickford. Crawford and Jake at his game tonight.
                            That's like, what, two visits to this kid in the past 3 weeks? We must really want him.

Comment

That's like, what, two visits to this kid in the past 3 weeks? We must really want him.
                              Lol, not sure if sarcasm or not. I'm curious how much recruit travel the coaches do this time of year, especially with our recruiting budget. Between travel, games, practices, any weekly appearances (does Jake still do Rimas show?) and whatever else, there seems to be minimal time.
                              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                                Lol, not sure if sarcasm or not. I'm curious how much recruit travel the coaches do this time of year, especially with our recruiting budget. Between travel, games, practices, any weekly appearances (does Jake still do Rimas show?) and whatever else, there seems to be minimal time.
                                It wasn't sarcasm, taking two 8 hour round trips over the course of three weeks during the season, especially now that we have hope, not like it was three weeks ago when we were only looking towards next year, we must really want him. And I can see why, glancing at the box score, there are a couple games where Pickford scores more than Brad Davison.

Comment

Working...
                                X