WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire Farley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fire Farley

Originally posted by UNIdadtobe View Post
    Yes, we want purple!
    Reminds me of this Mitch Hedberg quote:

"You know when it comes to racism, people say: " I don't care if they're black, white, purple or green"... Ooh hold on now: Purple or Green? You gotta draw the line somewhere! To hell with purple people! - Unless they're suffocating - then help'em."

Probably my favorite comedian of all time.
    Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
    Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
    - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
      Reminds me of this Mitch Hedberg quote:

"You know when it comes to racism, people say: " I don't care if they're black, white, purple or green"... Ooh hold on now: Purple or Green? You gotta draw the line somewhere! To hell with purple people! - Unless they're suffocating - then help'em."

Probably my favorite comedian of all time.
      Gone too soon

Comment

Bump....

It's not the play calling....its not the offense.....its so much more. We are so stale as a program. Was this a horrible season? No....but this was an NDSU team ripe to be knocked off today, and we didn't bring in a team that could come in and take a victory.

Comment

This isn't the NFL. We're not in a P5 conference. Consistent playoff appearances is sufficient for Farley to retain his position, so just give up on this thread/discussion.

Comment

There was no way I thought this team would get this far. I can't be mad at that.

Totally was a winable game though, so that is disappointing. I thought Farley pulled out the stops though. Kick return TD was a tough blow. Killed the momentum.
            Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

this program has been stale since 2008. Same thing. Different year. can't win big games. QB who has no pocket presence and looks to run first. Sorry...yes its time for him to go.
              (217): Just watched a UNI fan at the bar lick the tears off of a KU fans face.. See what march madness does to people

Comment

Originally posted by TravelingPanther View Post
                There was no way I thought this team would get this far. I can't be mad at that.

Totally was a winable game though, so that is disappointing. I thought Farley pulled out the stops though. Kick return TD was a tough blow. Killed the momentum.
                Pulled out all the stops? Like running it on third and goal when he knew he was going to kick the field goal.

End of the first half uni had the ball near midfield with 20 seconds and at least two timeouts. The great riverboat gambler did nothing. I wonder if Bill Belichek was taking notes.

Wow!! What a riverboat gambler!!! After all that excitement I am heading out to eat an early supper at pizza ranch and lights out by 7:30.

I am just all tuckered out.
                Last edited by run&blade; 12-12-2015, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by run&blade View Post
                  Pulled out all the stops? Like running it on third and goal when he knew he was going to kick the field goal.

End of the first half uni had the ball near midfield with 20 seconds and at least two timeouts. The great riverboat gambler did nothing. I wonder if Bill Belichek was taking notes.

Wow!! What a riverboat gambler!!! After all that excitement I am heading out to eat an early supper at pizza ranch and lights out by 7:30.

I am just all tuckered out.
                  I don't know what was up with that play call, but he tried to win the game with that onside kick.
                  Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Originally posted by TravelingPanther View Post
                    I don't know what was up with that play call, but he tried to win the game with that onside kick.
                    Again, a problem. The best we could do there was tie the game....

Comment

Originally posted by Khan4Cats View Post
                      Again, a problem. The best we could do there was tie the game....
                      I'm just not sure today is the reason to be upset. Today was much better than we've seen in a while in my opinion. But if others disagree, they are welcome to. I'm not going to argue opinions all day.

Comment

I'm not sure I can handle another season of both Farley and Bailey

Comment

I know others have discussed this, but is it really Farley? It seems our biggest frustration is the terrible play calling and for some the personnel decisions at QB. I honestly don't know...how much does Farley really affect these?
                          EVER LOYAL.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther-at-Arms View Post
                            I know others have discussed this, but is it really Farley? It seems our biggest frustration is the terrible play calling and for some the personnel decisions at QB. I honestly don't know...how much does Farley really affect these?
                            Not at all. The quarterbacks pick themselves and then call the plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther-at-Arms View Post

Farley affects this 100%. He picks the QB, determines who's going to start (I recall reading a Courier quote after SK's injury that Davis had to ask Farley who was going to start at QB). Farley continues the rotating QB shell game. I believe Farley has limited Davis' choice of offensive plays this season, but I hope it was a process of taking baby steps. I hope he lets Davis take control of a lot more offensive decisions (play calling, starting QB, etc) next season.

Comment

Originally posted by havok58 View Post
                                Farley affects this 100%. He picks the QB, determines who's going to start (I recall reading a Courier quote after SK's injury that Davis had to ask Farley who was going to start at QB). Farley continues the rotating QB shell game. I believe Farley has limited Davis' choice of offensive plays this season, but I hope it was a process of taking baby steps. I hope he lets Davis take control of a lot more offensive decisions (play calling, starting QB, etc) next season.
                                I agree, but I also wonder if we'll even see Davis on the coaching staff next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X