WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHO TV salutes NDSU winning title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WHO TV salutes NDSU winning title

Fales wants people to talk about him, for whatever reason other than police finding a dead girl or live boy in his bed. Controversy = ratings. Seems to have draw in a number of folks around midwest into his spiderweb.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
      I'll take your word for it. I guess my point is that if he loves Drake and hates UNI or FCS football for some reason, then disagree and so be it. Personally, I thought his tweaking of the Bison was well done, and I could understand why someone would make fun of a nut job fanbase who equates winning a FCS title with winning the Super Bowl. One of the things I'd take issue with him on was making fun of the MVfC by saying Iowa plays "real" football. If the Big Ten West is real football, then the mayor of Charles City or New Hampton should run for President, since he's a "real" politician.
      You do understand this isn't me talking about a guy in a bar...right? the issue is that he is in the media so his opinions & big mouth gets broadcasted throughout the state. Many people take what is said from the media as gospel & they are able to drive public opinion as a result. Look at the trance that most have in following Iowa/ISU around. So much of those two teams is simply hype rather than substance. Meanwhile, UNI gets discounted to the curb.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
        I agree that Fales is a nut and a d-bag, but to pull out "I have emails..." as your ammo is just plain sad. Pretty close to creepy as well
        a few from a few years ago when he slammed UNI. I defend my alma mater when they are slighted in the media & I sure in the hell do not apologize for it.

Comment

Mudra is the worst kind of fan. One that does more harm than good to the fan base.
          Originally posted by TH1974
          This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
            Mudra is the worst kind of fan. One that does more harm than good to the fan base.
            Wrong. Overreaction.

Comment

Originally posted by lakesbison View Post
              I destroyed Andy back in august when NDSU crushed Iowa state on radio and twitter.... He had zero chance against me!
              Why don't you post those tweets and let us see if your really "destroyed" him.
              Victory for UNI!

Comment

Just back from Cancun. Half the resort was from North Dakota, all in green. One guy started this weird chant when we told him we were UNI people.

They're an odd lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Newsbreaker View Post
                  Just back from Cancun. Half the resort was from North Dakota, all in green. One guy started this weird chant when we told him we were UNI people.

They're an odd lot.

Got to think that sunglasses were necessary in Cancun to deal with the glare coming off those pasty North Dakota bodies.

Comment

Wife and I did undergrad at UNI but, forgive us, our son is a freshman at NDSU. Funny thing is he's got more UNI clothing than he has NDSU stuff and been to more UNI sporting events as well. For his major it's much more affordable for him to go to NDSU (Minnesota residents have reciprocal tuition with North Dakota so it's nearly as if he's in state).

Anyway, I put an open bet on Facebook and had a bunch of NDSU grads from the area take it. I knew UNI would beat them. Won a lot of money/beer on that. Son got me a NDSU t-shirt for Christmas he knew I'd use as a firestarter. : )

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers Win!! View Post
                      Wife and I did undergrad at UNI but, forgive us, our son is a freshman at NDSU. Funny thing is he's got more UNI clothing than he has NDSU stuff and been to more UNI sporting events as well. For his major it's much more affordable for him to go to NDSU (Minnesota residents have reciprocal tuition with North Dakota so it's nearly as if he's in state).

Anyway, I put an open bet on Facebook and had a bunch of NDSU grads from the area take it. I knew UNI would beat them. Won a lot of money/beer on that. Son got me a NDSU t-shirt for Christmas he knew I'd use as a firestarter. : )
                      I can relate. UNI alum and my son is one of them too. We need to do a beer together.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdadtobe View Post
                        Got to think that sunglasses were necessary in Cancun to deal with the glare coming off those pasty North Dakota bodies.
                        They blended into the Canadians.

In all seriousness, we spent some time with two couples from North and South Dakota, 3/4 of whom were very, very nice. The other one may have been, but as the sloppiest drunk I've ever seen, who could really tell?

Comment

Working...
                        X