WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNI will win the 2014 National Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNI will win the 2014 National Championship

Originally posted by Luckycat View Post
    It's so interesting to look back over the course of this season and recall some of the posts early on. What I recall most clearly is the comments here that "we won't sniff the play-offs" and other such prognostications that predicted doom and gloom. It just proves the point that it's understandable to be frustrated, upset, angry, and disappointed. Heck, I felt that way myself. But, to write a season off after just a few games and to predict disaster with such confidence is ridiculous. The "there's no way we make the play-offs" mentality so early in a season is just a negative approach I'll never understand. Things happen. Adjustments are made, improvement occurs and all of a sudden a team finds itself. We're not just "sniffing" the play-offs----guess what-----WE'RE IN THE PLAY-OFFS! Let's just enjoy the ride!

Rant over.
    They're/we're fans. What we say and think is utterly irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckycat View Post
      It's so interesting to look back over the course of this season and recall some of the posts early on. What I recall most clearly is the comments here that "we won't sniff the play-offs" and other such prognostications that predicted doom and gloom. It just proves the point that it's understandable to be frustrated, upset, angry, and disappointed. Heck, I felt that way myself. But, to write a season off after just a few games and to predict disaster with such confidence is ridiculous. The "there's no way we make the play-offs" mentality so early in a season is just a negative approach I'll never understand. Things happen. Adjustments are made, improvement occurs and all of a sudden a team finds itself. We're not just "sniffing" the play-offs----guess what-----WE'RE IN THE PLAY-OFFS! Let's just enjoy the ride!

Rant over.
      Your name is fitting. UNI is lucky to be in the playoffs this year. We all knew our defense and special teams would be solid, but our offense is still shaky imo. Thankfully, the top 3 seeds in our bracket have weak defenses (ISU, EWU, UNH). This gives us a shot in the playoffs.

Comment

Looking at our path to Frisco

SFA- I'm glad this game is at home, when we play the Jacks it is always a close competitive game

Illinois State- We beat them earlier when we were just starting to find our groove, I wish the game didn't have to be in Normal, it'll be interesting to see what changes both sides make

Eastern Washington/ Montana- If it is Montana will they outbid us? That is already submitted, however more than likely it will be at the ugliest field in the history of football, the game will be difficult to watch, hopefully our pass rush causes problems

New Hampshire- The only other team I see us possibly meeting here would be the Sycamores, UNH fans must just hate UNI, it'll be interesting if we could keep our streak against them going.

Overall the nice thing I see is that the teams we will face (other than possibly Montana) are not necessarily built for bad weather, even though we are a dome team, I think that we are able to give the ball to David 40 times if we had to in order to get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
          i'm a doom and gloomer and I can admit it.

I always love people like you who love to point out the "I was right you were wrong" at the end of the season. You realize this program has done nothing in the last five years to prove that this was going to happen right? Neither has the basketball team in moments of their struggles. A five game win streak with wins against TWO undefeated top five teams? Nobody, and I mean NOBODY saw that coming. The fact that the team "turned it around" was the exception, not the norm.

If you say you did you are one of two things, an idiot that pays no attention to recent history, or a liar.
          This.

It was an historic turnaround. They happen in football, but are rare.

I don't view your posts, Jeg, as "doom and gloom" in the least, more realistic. Most of the "negative" posts - and there really weren't that many that were just negative here - were questioning why/how the offense is being run. Nothing new, a lot of folks have been asking about that going back to at least the Richmond game. A few on the extremes calling for Salmon to be fired and Farley to be held responsible for having Salmon as OC, but it seems that most were just questioning and frustration.

Just my opinion.
          "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

I don't think Luckycat posted that to beat his/her chest and proclaim that he was right and everyone else was wrong. He admitted that he himself had doubts and moments where he didn't see how we could possibly turn it around.

I think he just wanted to celebrate the fact that the team did indeed turn it around and that maybe we should keep that in mind in future years. It ain't over until it's over.
            "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

"It ain't over until it's over."

Well at least somebody understood it.

Comment

Jeg, I believed before and during the season we would beat NDSU and ISUr...simply on the fact they were home games. Nothing more nothing less.

Comment

I always think it's silly when someone tries to play the whole "told you so" card when in fact they failed to make a prediction - good or bad.

Promoting a stance after the outcome is certain doesn't make someone a prophet.
                  Originally posted by TH1974
                  This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                    today: "the committee totally screwed us by not giving us a seed and/or not giving us a cakewalk to Frisco!"
                    The vast majority of the reactions post selection show were optimistic, but please don't let that get in the way of your hyperbole.
                    Originally posted by TH1974
                    This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

I'm more disappointed by our side of the bracket than I am with just UNI's draw. I think it is pretty glaring that the NDSU side is much, much less daunting. I would venture a guess that the New Hampshire, E. Wash and IlSt. fans are having similar discussions and disgust.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther-Sheik View Post
                        I'm more disappointed by our side of the bracket than I am with just UNI's draw. I think it is pretty glaring that the NDSU side is much, much less daunting. I would venture a guess that the New Hampshire, E. Wash and IlSt. fans are having similar discussions and disgust.
                        I like our draw. The top 3 teams you listed are all offense first, with weak defenses. This plays to our strength throughout the season in my opinion. We have the best draw possible without a seed, for our team.

Comment

Everyone has to beat really good teams to get to their goal in the playoffs. Just win baby!

Comment

Watched the replay of the ISU-R game last night. All I can say is "whew". Gotta get past SFA first, of course, but that next round could / would / should be an incredibly tough one.

Comment

you morons, this thread was for LAST year. NDSU already won the 2014 National Championship.

maybe you should start a 2015 one?
                              UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by lakesbison View Post
                                you morons, this thread was for LAST year. NDSU already won the 2014 National Championship.

maybe you should start a 2015 one?

Since July 27th, this thread has been about this year. We Iowans are so environmentally friendly, we even reuse national championship threads. You Nort Dakotans are so wasteful in starting new threads every year.

Comment

Working...
                                X