WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

South Dakota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: South Dakota

Originally posted by lakesbison View Post
    well yotes, you are the best " ____ dakota" team in the country thats for sure. haha.
    If only we had them on the schedule this year, I'd love to get in on that couch fire of a team.

Comment

Originally posted by Yotes View Post
      The way things are trending for both teams, us Coyotes are quite optimistic going into this game. Our defense has been absolutely stellar, but the team has its wins in spite of every other part of the team. Special teams miscues and turnovers have made would be comfortable wins into nail biters, but thankfully we've pulled out a few wins so far.

We would love to have this win, it's been 3 years since we won on the road. If USD eliminates turnovers and can get around 300 yards we should win, might be too much to ask for though. Our defense is far too good for us to be blown out, and I expect a relatively close game even if our offense comes out flat.

Hopin we get a better outcome than our last trip to Cedar Falls...
      The way things are trending? We lost by 1 at NDSU and went to OT against a good SIU team. You guys have beat 3 pretty terrible teams.

No offense, but if we win by less than 14 we might as well give up hope on this season.
      Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Originally posted by TravelingPanther View Post
        The way things are trending? We lost by 1 at NDSU and went to OT against a good SIU team. You guys have beat 3 pretty terrible teams.

No offense, but if we win by less than 14 we might as well give up hope on this season.
        That was a really good game at NDSU, but SIU beat you way, way worse than the scoreboard indicated. The last 5 quarters for your team have been ugly, I think it's fair to say that putting up another performance like you did last week would make for one close game. I'm not trying to rag on your team, but the way things have been going it shouldn't shock anyone if this is a close game.

Comment

That was a really good game at NDSU, but SIU beat you way, way worse than the scoreboard indicated. The last 5 quarters for your team have been ugly, I think it's fair to say that putting up another performance like you did last week would make for one close game. I'm not trying to rag on your team, but the way things have been going it shouldn't shock anyone if this is a close game.
          Are you freaking kidding me with this? Lol, dude get outta here.
          UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

It would shock everyone. Just because you guys aren't in last place doesn't mean you are ready to compete yet. If we don't win by 14+ I will assume we will probably lose every game for the rest of the season.
            Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

With our injuries (see last 5 quarters) I definitely don't put this one in the easy "W" column. In fact, I don't think we have any of those left this year. Much of the team that beat ISU and destroyed McNSU will be in civi's on the sideline or undergoing major treatments to play the rest of this season, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther-Sheik View Post
                With our injuries (see last 5 quarters) I definitely don't put this one in the easy "W" column. In fact, I don't think we have any of those left this year. Much of the team that beat ISU and destroyed McNSU will be in civi's on the sideline or undergoing major treatments to play the rest of this season, unfortunately.
                It's so frustrating the injuries that are happening to this team.
                "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

I was just trying to stir the pot.

Comment

BisonINNWMN, is that you playing USD fan?

Comment

Originally posted by Cat80 View Post
                      BisonINNWMN, is that you playing USD fan?
                      Just a Coyote fan speaking his mind, expecting a much closer game than some of you guys are. Overlooking your opponent is a dangerous thing, and for your sake I hope that your team and coaches take this one seriously.

Comment

Just a Coyote fan speaking his mind, expecting a much closer game than some of you guys are. Overlooking your opponent is a dangerous thing, and for your sake I hope that your team and coaches take this one seriously.
                        You're really hoping for a closer game than UNI fans are. Expectations lead to nothing but trouble. Who's overlooking USD? The past 2 games have been close. It's the condescension from fans of a team that just won their first two conference games that's the issue. Be assured, Panther fans know how quickly defeat can be snatched from the jaws of victory. Don't worry, this game can be close, but it's your attitude that's causing the response you're getting.

Comment

go away before you throw a flea flicker on the first play and we hang 66 on you again....
                          Illinois State Fan at a St. Louis White Castle 3:45AM Saturday March 6th:

"White Castle?" "more like Black Castle..."

You stay classy Redbirds.

Comment

Should be a pretty decent crowd, considering its USD. 15-15.5k
                            Top ten UNI football plays from 2001-2011

Comment

Until we show we have an offense again I expect every game to be close.
                              GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by Cat80 View Post
                                You're really hoping for a closer game than UNI fans are. Expectations lead to nothing but trouble. Who's overlooking USD? The past 2 games have been close. It's the condescension from fans of a team that just won their first two conference games that's the issue. Be assured, Panther fans know how quickly defeat can be snatched from the jaws of victory. Don't worry, this game can be close, but it's your attitude that's causing the response you're getting.
                                I'm not promising a USD win or anything, but our defense has been amazing so far and I don't see it just falling apart against UNI. Maybe it will, this is the toughest team we've faced yet, but I still think it keeps us in the game for a good long while. Scrap together a few scores and hold onto the ball and we might just win it.

Comment

Working...
                                X