WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

***Game Thread Cal Poly***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ***Game Thread Cal Poly***

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
    Many probably did not hear the post game interview with farley given the hour, but he said they were going conservative on offense in the second half. Even more so after scoring the last TD.

From my NSA monitored nexus 5
    Thank god Mark cleared that one up for us. I had no idea. Did he acknowledge the fact that this may have been a mistake?

I understand that we don't want to give future opponents anymore of a look into our offense than we have to but man we looked very soft of O for most of that 2nd half. I know we got the win but it makes you worry

Comment

• Originally posted by panther-state View Post
      Thank god Mark cleared that one up for us. I had no idea. Did he acknowledge the fact that this may have been a mistake?

I understand that we don't want to give future opponents anymore of a look into our offense than we have to but man we looked very soft of O for most of that 2nd half. I know we got the win but it makes you worry

Worry about what?

We dominated the game and costed to a 2 TD win. Nothing to worry about.
      UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Many probably did not hear the post game interview with farley given the hour, but he said they were going conservative on offense in the second half. Even more so after scoring the last TD.

I'd buy it a llittle but, but we went something like q1: 200 yds, q2: 100 yds, q3: 55 yds, q4: 55 yds. Need to be able to run the ball when we hit MVFC games. Especially when teams are expecting the run.
        Number of times on Sports Illustrated cover:
        Ben Jacobson coached teams = 2
        UNI teams coached by everyone ban thinks is better = 0

Comment

• I happen to agree with the rest of you that we shouldn't let up on the offense. However, Farley has a different thought process when up by two scores. Why, no idea. It's bit him in the ass more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by catsize View Post
            Since your comments show you are not aware of this:

There has been some major changes in the coaching staff from last year to this.

That probably has an impact on some of the criticism.

But keep trying to compare apples to limestone.
            Thanks for contributing a golden nugget that I can remind folks of (likely you, as well) in the future when a "down turn" occurs, God forbid.

Comment

• Ban apparently had a Snickers, as he is back to his cranky self.

Comment

I happen to agree with the rest of you that we shouldn't let up on the offense. However, Farley has a different thought process when up by two scores. Why, no idea. It's bit him in the ass more than once.

This was my thinking as well. It didn't bite us last night but that doesn't mean last nights 2nd half gameplan was the perfect call for the situation. Yes we absolutely wiped that painted field with CPU in the 1st half. But the 2nd half was concerning at times simply because we put our D out there for a looooooong time at times with several 3 and outs. We all know it was a dominating win because we watched our boys rip them apart all night. But the scoreboard indicates that it was only a 2 possession game and could've been a lot closer if not for some very timely turnovers from our defense. Football is a crazy game, just look at ISUb and how lucky they've been these past few years, why leave it to chance when you can continue to keep your foot on the gas. Or at the very least not slam on the brakes.

Comment

I think we now have evidence that Ban is looking forward to UNI taking a "downturn" just so he can be a petty little jerk and say "I told you so" to people

Comment

Ok...I gave him a pass last week...I love how he plays....but someone needs to talk to D Hall about the stupid throat slash...2 weeks in a row....there is no place on the field for that....ask the Florida running back...he now knows!!!!

Comment

I happen to agree with the rest of you that we shouldn't let up on the offense. However, Farley has a different thought process when up by two scores. Why, no idea. It's bit him in the ass more than once.

This.

I only caught the the very end of the first half and parts of the second half - this may go down as the "Fresh Prince" game in UNI lore, though not as dramatic as the "Heidi" game.

Great defensive effort, nice swarming to the ball and some real stand out individuals. A nice mix of the two. Stopping an opponent on fourth-and-short on a short field always impresses and has to build cohesion.

Bailey looked patient, from what I saw (I saw none of the ISU game nor when he was in against Eastern). He had time, was checking receivers and make good throws (lots of misses by Panther receivers last night). When he did run, he was great but certainly benefitted by making the defense respect the pass first.

Another week, another RB, this week Smith. Could be a nice rotation of backs.

Panther Oline is gelling nicely.

Punts into the end zone need to be worked on. A blocked xp is also something of concern.
                      "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                        I think we now have evidence that Ban is looking forward to UNI taking a "downturn" just so he can be a petty little jerk and say "I told you so" to people
                        Nope; don't have it in me to root against my team. I've just forever been fascinated at how fans can go from one end of the spectrum to another when their team is either winning or losing, and it's almost always put on the coaches when a team isn't winning.

Do a little search on here for my history of being a lone voice in support of Panther wrestling during the "lean" years and you'll see that I'm ALWAYS there in support, through thick and thin.

Comment

Working...
                        X