WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Offer Mr. Green! Class of 2018

Originally posted by GoPanthers85 View Post
    Link to the draft results if you have time. Thanks
    Just saw it on Jeremiah Davies Twitter page...

To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
      No recruiting news, but looks like AJ will be playing in the PTL this summer. He was taken with a couple Panthers - Koch and Pickford. He was actually drafted before Pickford.
      Frankly, this gives me much more confidence that he will come here, if he were shopping around at a national level, he'd be on AAU. So at the very least, he's staying local.

Comment

He will still be on the AAU circuit. In fact, right now he's being ranked as the #4 PG at the Top 100 camp out east. It's quite impressive.

PTL draft doesn't include Phyfe...know why?
        The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
          He will still be on the AAU circuit. In fact, right now he's being ranked as the #4 PG at the Top 100 camp out east. It's quite impressive.

From reports I've seen on here, he's injured, or as some are theorizing, "injured"

Comment

Is there an AAU schedule anywhere for him or the Barnstormers?
            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

I did find AJs stats for the current tourney, looks like he's struggling a bit through 4 games. 6.3 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 3.3 apg. That includes one game where he went for 14-6-10.

The Top 100 High School Basketball Camp is the premier basketball event available to elite high school athletes. Since its inception in 1994, over 350 players have gone on to successful careers in the NBA.

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post

Phyfe was walking around in a boot at basketball camp yesterday.
                "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

• The rising Cedar Falls senior is a top-100 prospect for 2018. His father is a coach at UNI. Power 5 schools have offered him. A big decision is looming.
                  GO PANTHERS!

Comment

• Finally saw an offer that I believe could pull AJ from Cedar Falls. According to the Barnstormers twitter, Virginia has offered.

Comment

• I wonder what kind of advice Jesperson would give at this point.
                      "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

• Not blue blood, but they've been awfully good lately. Haven't had a chance to see what they lost from last year, but looks like they're not in any preseason rankings. They play a very similar style as UNI. Definitely not what I wanted to see. I wonder how much he wants to stay close to home. Jesperson input would be interesting too.

Comment

• Originally posted by domedays View Post
                          I wonder what kind of advice Jesperson would give at this point.

Or Marial Shayok who was on the team the beat Iowa State in the NCAA Chicago Regional. He is now sitting out a year in order to play with Iowa State. He was tearing up the Cap City League on Thursday night. Probably the best player on the floor for the night. He must have been terribly frustrated in the Virginia offense.

Comment

• He gone...

Comment

• I don't see a far superior offer from what he already has. Not counting UNI, but if we were to compare Iowa State verses Virginia, I don't see much of a difference. Both are always contending for something of importance, but always seem to be nipping at the heels of the powers in the conference. I honestly think Iowa State would be a more attractive offer than Virginia. However, I'm still hopeful for UNI.

Comment

• Originally posted by EVSPanther View Post
                                I don't see a far superior offer from what he already has. Not counting UNI, but if we were to compare Iowa State verses Virginia, I don't see much of a difference. Both are always contending for something of importance, but always seem to be nipping at the heels of the powers in the conference. I honestly think Iowa State would be a more attractive offer than Virginia. However, I'm still hopeful for UNI.

Seems like he would have several strong in-state testimonials (transfers) that would discourage him from going to Virginia. Has anything changed in Charlottesville that would actually make it more attractive to Green than it was to Jesperson and Shayok (now at Iowa State).

Comment

Working...
                                X