WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Controversy in IC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Controversy in IC

Has anyone else heard about this? Some of it sounds a bit unclear at the moment but physical sexual harassment is a pretty big deal. Some of the events were documented back in the mid-90's when he was first employed (left in '95) and the dude still gets hired back several years later? C'mon, that's asking for trouble.

I just hope the incidents were very limited through those 12-13 years he was employed.

UI Athletics athletic adviser accused of sexual harassment

Re: More Controversy in IC

What do you mean by "more"?

Comment

9-yr pipes right up as it's Iowa news. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
        Has anyone else heard about this? Some of it sounds a bit unclear at the moment but physical sexual harassment is a pretty big deal. Some of the events were documented back in the mid-90's when he was first employed (left in '95) and the dude still gets hired back several years later? C'mon, that's asking for trouble.

I just hope the incidents were very limited through those 12-13 years he was employed.

UI Athletics athletic adviser accused of sexual harassment
        WOW, what a douche bag. I hope he gets jail for life, what an idiot!

Comment

Originally posted by PantherHawk View Post
          WOW, what a douche bag. I hope he gets jail for life, what an idiot!
          Reading through the reports, it would appear that his misconduct involved college-aged individuals (not kids). And while it does sound inappropriate, and probably worthy of dismissal from employment, I really don't see anything worthy of "jail for life".

Comment

How in the world was he allowed to keep his job????
            "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post
              9-yr pipes right up as it's Iowa news. LOL
              ?

The thread suggested that this was an ongoing issue, no? I was curious if I missed something previously.

This is guy is a creep. And his boss is incompetent. But this is a matter of taste and professionalism, not legality.

As far as why he still had a job...or why his boss still has a job... Why do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
                How in the world was he allowed to keep his job????
                Let alone the fact that he left the U of I for several years and they hired him back after issues during his first tenure.

Comment

While his actions were inappropriate... I find this to be the most concerning

Investigators said in the report the majority of people they interviewed who worked in the Department of Athletics Student Service and Compliance were concerned about Gray’s behavior with student-athletes. Co-workers and former employees said that during his first employment at UI, and from 2002 to present, they repeatedly witnessed Gray hugging, patting and rubbing the shoulders and hair of student-athletes in a manner that was not casual or professional, and was unsolicited by the student athletes, the report states.
                  How was it that no one elevated their objections to his behavior? If the manager/supervisor wasn't going to act forcefully, why not elevate the issue? Sad that this was allowed to continue with a few slaps on the wrist....

I don't have time to look, but what are the chances that this guy got a raise every year despite his actions?

Comment

Drugs, not hugs!

Comment

The bigger issue is, who in the world approved the silver pants and helmets for today's Hawkeye football game...

SILVER IS NOT A SCHOOL COLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

He's a gay union employee in iowa City. Do you think they can just fire him?

I know a teacher/admin like this in the cedar valley. After 15+ years a parent finally complained. He came out of closet and kept his job. And this was concerning high school kids.

I don't agree with it, but that's how it works

Comment

The "more" refers to the fact that plenty of controversy comes out of Iowa City. Perhaps not as much recently but still. You can chastise me for not being a creative thread title-ler or we can chastise you for not believing controversial things occur in IC.

The choice is yours, choose your path wisely...

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                            The "more" refers to the fact that plenty of controversy comes out of Iowa City. Perhaps not as much recently but still. You can chastise me for not being a creative thread title-ler or we can chastise you for not believing controversial things occur in IC.

The choice is yours, choose your path wisely...
                            I just found it odd. Theres plenty of controversy in cf as well.

Comment

When you factor in stuff like state-funding issues, something out of UNI's control then yes, you're right. Outside of that we're comparing apples to wholly mammoths

Comment

Working...
                              X