WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald Trump

Here's to The Donald. Finally someone has taken a stand against the Des Moines Register!

Re: Donald Trump

Guys, he's like, a really smart person. Just ask him. Unless you're Mexican. Or gay. Or were a POW.

Comment

The fact that someone like Donald Trump is leading by a fair margin in most of the polls is a good indication of how sick and tired American's (especially conservatives) are of the current political climate in DC.

IMO his support is much less about people liking Trump and more about how much people are starving for an alternative to the existing political class.
      Originally posted by TH1974
      This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
        The fact that someone like Donald Trump is leading by a fair margin in most of the polls is a good indication of how sick and tired American's (especially conservatives) are of the current political climate in DC.

IMO his support is much less about people liking Trump and more about how much people are starving for an alternative to the existing political class.
        Second on Kyle's take. The message topics are of definite interest to a large number of people. The messenger is a total tool. He's kinda a Chris Christie that has been reduced down (as in cooking terms) to 5% of original.

I think that Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump may have an partial overlap in the demographics of whom they are appealing to in each candidacy.

Comment

I agree, the question I have is whether he's different in a positive way. I get that politicians are two-faced whereas Trump doesn't hide the fact he's a egotistical jerk, but I'm just trying to imagine Trump trying to have productive and civil conversation with say the leaders of Iran, Russia or God forbid....Mexico. Things need to change, but that doesn't mean any change is good. Color me skeptical at a billionaire corporate leader being less slimy and corrupt than a career politician.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post

Agreed. Trump is basically a protest candidate. There are some semi-connected people in DSM lining up behind him, but that was prior to his idiotic McCain comments.

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't be a Trump supporter. But I have to say that he is revealing many in the press as seeing themselves very much as interventional rather than reporting.

Most can't help but denounce him as a crazy voice. My opinion is that journalists should report and not ever comment.

Comment

I don't want to see Trump be the nominee but him in a debate against a Democrat would be great TV. :-)
                "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
                  I think that Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump may have an partial overlap in the demographics of whom they are appealing to in each candidacy.
                  Except that Sanders is a decent, respectful person who doesn't thrive on offending innocent people. However, as an out of the womb democrat, I always root for the wackiest republican to run and be the nominee. Gives us an easy road to political office!

Go Donald John POWs Are Cowards Trump!
                  Last edited by ban basketball; 07-22-2015, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ban basketball View Post
                    Except that Sanders is a decent, respectful person who doesn't thrive on offending innocent people.
                    Unless you make more money than he feels you 'deserve'. Then it's fair game.

This thread gets deleted in 3,2,1....
                    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Well the prevailing viewpoint from politicians right now is that if you don't make enough money then you don't matter or you're lazy.

This is too much politics, I'm going puke. Im already upset that I apparently share political leanings with Ban.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Well, then it's a little odd that the republican media machine hasn't feigned any of their phony outrage over any his offensive comments for days on end, isn't it?

Republicans aren't for the working man any longer!? Gee, so I won't get to hear about the labor force participation rate, the "real" unemployment rate, how wages for the working class have not gone up since January of 2009, how we are losing jobs to globalization, and how the Clintons are millionaires many times over any longer? Oh, man, I'm saddened to see them give up on the working man so quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                          Well the prevailing viewpoint from politicians right now is that if you don't make enough money then you don't matter or you're lazy.

This is too much politics, I'm going puke. Im already upset that I apparently share political leanings with Ban.
                          Yeah, you wouldn't want to agree with anything that someone as dangerous as I believe in.

Heaven forbid, especially being that I'm so stupid, eh?

Comment

Time to take a Purel shower. Maybe you need the Full Silkwood Shower - don't know if that would be enough

Comment

I agree, the question I have is whether he's different in a positive way. I get that politicians are two-faced whereas Trump doesn't hide the fact he's a egotistical jerk, but I'm just trying to imagine Trump trying to have productive and civil conversation with say the leaders of Iran, Russia or God forbid....Mexico. Things need to change, but that doesn't mean any change is good. Color me skeptical at a billionaire corporate leader being less slimy and corrupt than a career politician.
                              that's the biggest concern...how he would handle foreign relations...his no tolerance stance and his this is how it is approach will not work with other countries and could just lead to further tensions.
                              (217): Just watched a UNI fan at the bar lick the tears off of a KU fans face.. See what march madness does to people

Comment

Working...
                              X